1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6 Scale Phase I Clonetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe SS did that with the Clone Commanders and a few of Clone releases..

I think they did it for a majority of their clone figures, I don't see why Hot Toys wont include Phase 1 with Cody & Rex, pretty disappointing as the Anakin and Obi-Wan Clone Wars figures don't go with the Phase 2 canonically.

Is the helmet only difference between phase 1 and 2 armors. If so, what is the welding mark on the chest armor of Rex?

No. Rex's armor is slightly different between Phase I & II. As is his shoulder pauldron Not just his helmet. So including his Phase I helmet with his Phase II armor wouldn't work. Also why back when SS did 2 different figures of Rex.

Cody's armor though is the same. But The Cody figure is an EPIII figure and before they announced the TCW license. And since he wasn't in EPII or ever shown in the movie, no Phase I helmet. So makes sense. But I wonder if they will release a 2nd version of Cody from TCW to make extra $$ knowing fans would buy it.

What about regular phase 1 and 2 armors?

There?s no difference apart from the helmet. Rex is only different because his torse piece has weld lines on it, but HT could easily provide an interchangeable chest piece (like they are doing with Anakin) and pauldron.

There?s no difference apart from the helmet. Rex is only different because his torse piece has weld lines on it, but HT could easily provide an interchangeable chest piece (like they are doing with Anakin) and pauldron.

They should've done 2 versions of Rex. A regular version as made, and a Deluxe as you mentioned so you could have him in his Phase I get up. But I'm sure they know they'll make more money from releasing 2 versions, since he is one of the most popular characters from TCW.

They should've done 2 versions of Rex. A regular version as made, and a Deluxe as you mentioned so you could have him in his Phase I get up. But I'm sure they know they'll make more money from releasing 2 versions, since he is one of the most popular characters from TCW.

Yeah they?ll most likely release another Rex, but I?m not that big on the Phase 1 look unless its a Shiny or Cody.

Weather them up (a lot), include phase 1, phase 2, and the orange phase 2 helmet and I'd be up for two of these.

So, as far as I understand Rex welded part 1 and 2 armors to have best of both worlds. If he has welded his chest armor, this means that his chest armor contains phase 1 part. And the fact that phase 1 and 2 chest piece are the same means that they are internally different but the same externally. Right?

So, as far as I understand Rex welded part 1 and 2 armors to have best of both worlds. If he has welded his chest armor, this means that his chest armor contains phase 1 part. And the fact that phase 1 and 2 chest piece are the same means that they are internally different but the same externally. Right?

Aesthetically they are the same yes with the main difference being comfort. I think in lore Phase I armour was extremely uncomfortable for the clones to wear.

Yep, I just thought they have external differences also, but it appears I'm wrong. Well, thanks for the clarification.

No. Rex's armor is slightly different between Phase I & II. As is his shoulder pauldron Not just his helmet. So including his Phase I helmet with his Phase II armor wouldn't work. Also why back when SS did 2 different figures of Rex.

Cody's armor though is the same. But The Cody figure is an EPIII figure and before they announced the TCW license. And since he wasn't in EPII or ever shown in the movie, no Phase I helmet. So makes sense. But I wonder if they will release a 2nd version of Cody from TCW to make extra $$ knowing fans would buy it.

They will definitely make a phase 2 Cody. Easy $$. That said, my ss Cody just sold for $300 last week on eBay. Crazy! It will pay For the new ht Cody! Nice upgrade

Snuck in with the Anakin announcement:

115875308_10157385106842344_8501990041368625260_o.jpg
Unfortunately these clones are inaccurate, They are phase 1 clones with the phase 2 501st markings, looks weird.

This is how the actual 501st phase 1 clones looked like
e149e254629e8473223f2c5d9d46551e.jpg
d6b0b8b1ee10038aa41f44ae76fc928e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There is something 'off' about the Clones paint job. I think they could be shinies and the blue paint has been photohopped on.

They are famous troopers, but personally I don't like 501st phase 2 color scheme. Jesse's helmet was the best.

Unfortunately these clones are inaccurate, They are phase 1 clones with the phase 2 501st markings, looks weird.

This is how the actual 501st phase 1 clones looked like
e149e254629e8473223f2c5d9d46551e.jpg
d6b0b8b1ee10038aa41f44ae76fc928e.jpg

They appear to be the markings for Phase 1 Commander Appo.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

clones.jpg

They appear to be the markings for Phase 1 Commander Appo.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

View attachment 492932
This is not cannon though.
Appo was not ever seen in his phase 1 armor, he was only seen in a couple of episodes in the Umbara arc where he had the phase 2 armor.

Same with others in this imags both Dogma and Tup were never seen in phase 1 armor, they were also only seen in the Umbara and Tup was also in the chip conspiracy arc. The person who made this just pasted their markings on a phase 1 clone.
And Boomer is just a clone in the non canon Clone Wars video game.

Hot Toys just made the common mistake of pasting the phase 2 501st markings on the phase 1 armor. We don't see the phase 1 501st clones in the movies just the phase 2, so people just assume they had the same markings when they wore the phase 1 version.

Hopefully this will be fixed before release, but I doubt they will actually release them anyway, how long was the airborne trooper who was present in the Cody promo images shown? Yet still nothing, same for the regular 212th unfortunately.

Back