Hot toys Star Wars ROTJ Luke Skywalker (speculation thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have said if they'll make Gonk they'll many anyone. I have confidence now we'll eventually see Tarkin, Walrus Man, Tusken Raider, etc. As you said, it's just a waiting game. HT will be making Star Wars dolls for many years to come... :)

Good points man, they even made force awakens like and I don't even think he was son screen for more than a minute haha. Suppose a Jedi Luke is just a waiting game now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have said if they'll make Gonk they'll many anyone. I have confidence now we'll eventually see Tarkin, Walrus Man, Tusken Raider, etc. As you said, it's just a waiting game. HT will be making Star Wars dolls for many years to come... :)

Yeah they certainly will be haha. I'm just impatient haha! Give me a Jedi Luke already! :p

I'm sure we'll see one eventually. Hot Toys' Star Wars line has turned into quite the cash grab lately, if they know they can crank out stormie variants like the Iron Man figures (I am guilty of buying in on said variants) than you can be sure they will have plenty of main character variants as well. Now it just depends on which ones they decide to develop first.

I don't mind waiting as long as the sculpt is good because we now that the rest will be good

I can't believe we're still waiting for this - a high-end Jedi Luke? If the pound was stronger I might consider the Yunsil custom outfit but sterling is in the toilet right now. This should have been made with the first big wave of figures.

But hey, HT are making Gonk droids and a Death Star Gunner.

I can't believe we're still waiting for this - a high-end Jedi Luke? If the pound was stronger I might consider the Yunsil custom outfit but sterling is in the toilet right now. This should have been made with the first big wave of figures.

But hey, HT are making Gonk droids and a Death Star Gunner.

I feel the same mate. I have no Luke in my collection right now as im waiting, and hoping, that hot toys actually do this guy. There's no way I could afford the custom job. As awesome as it would be!
Fingers are still well and truly crossed

Looks like we're all just stuck in a holding pattern here. This is my most anticipated figure and as good as some customs look, I just can't seem to pull the trigger on those. As for now, I'll just stick to the awkwardly posed Jedi Luke PF:lol

Looks like we're all just stuck in a holding pattern here. This is my most anticipated figure and as good as some customs look, I just can't seem to pull the trigger on those. As for now, I'll just stick to the awkwardly posed Jedi Luke PF:lol

And anyway why would they announce this anytime before the Episode 7 Luke sells out? People are getting choosier about what they buy as prices go up. Besides, it would make sense for them to keep Luke until they need him sales wise. A HT Jedi Luke would be the surest of sure things.

Hmm, debating if I should order one of the heads in the custom section right now in case the HT sculpt ends up being a disappointment (which, judging from their last few Lukes, is a very good possibility). Ideally I'd prefer to wait and see what HT comes up with, but I'd hate to miss out on a better custom head now...

I hope hot toys hurrys up and shows something for ROTJ Luke. My Star Wars collection is seriously lacking a luke haha. I keep putting off buying any other versions of Luke in hope they finally do this. Been real close to re buying ANH Luke just I fill the gap. But I know I'll sell it on again if this gets announced

I'd rather they not announce this until they're 100% sure it'll be released in less time than it takes to make a baby. Seeing the potential 15 month wait for R2-D2 is rather annoying.

At least with Hot Toys there's a reason for longer waits. Their output is pretty huge compared to other 1/6th manufacturers. I don't like the wait either but I understand it.

Have a feeling we won't see this in our display till 2019. [emoji20]

As much as I want an ROTJ Luke, the only versions we'll be getting for the next few years will be from TLJ and possibly Episode IX. That's how it would work from a business perspective because these movies are here now and would feed the collectors' appetite. ROTJ Luke is the holy grail and Hot Toys knows this. Expect a long wait boys & girls.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Can't believe they'd do yet another 3PO and R2 (we went from no 1/6 3PO's a few years ago to nearly a half dozen now) before Luke Jedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back