1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Episode VII - Flametrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if its designed to come off in the movie, HT may not have made it removable. A lot of the stuff so far has been permanently attached (Pauldron, Spacetrooper air tank)

Wow, awesome pics 2littlemoney! I'm still almost positive the Flame and Snow troopers have the same basic helmet. I think this guy might be my favourite of the TFA troops.

It does lend itself to the consistency in the troopers designs. I like how the Snowtrooper and Flametrooper have a different "visor" than the other troopers. Makes sense given the bright/glare environments in which they operate (snow/ice and brightness of flames respectively).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone seriously going all in on TFA figures? I mean it's going to cost a fortune with all these troopers and then prepare to do it all over again when Rogue One comes out a year from now and every year there on in.

Don't get me wrong i would love to get them all but not at the expense of being a completist of OT figures which will be my priority and I'll pick up a few i like here and there from the PT and ST. Of course if this movie turns out to be better than TESB then all logic goes out the window.

I plan on getting all HT SW figures. I have them in flex pay. Only multiples I'd get are FO stormtroopers. I'd get one of each trooper though.

Being upset about the different figs because completionist reasons is silly. Some here may be completionists but the majority of buyers do not have to buy every single figure a company produces.

Variation is actually a good thing for the consumer since there is nothing to actually gain by having every single one.

I agree very few people are completists. And diversity is the only way a company to grow and be successful. Most people pick and choose based on any number of personal preferences, so giving the most options is good business.

BUT-I disagree that there's nothing to gain from having them all. Not sure why your would say or think that. If having them all is pointless, then so is having any. I am a completist. And I can list lots of reasons why it's great to have them all.

Well in terms of resale, collectors rarely buy a 'complete set' of figures. They typically are looking for a specific figure to add to their own set. This hobby really views products as stand alone pieces rather than being part of a numbered series. Plus HT never declares when they're done with a franchise. Look how many years they waited to go back and make Iron-Whiplash from IM2. Are they done with the Nolan Batman trilogy ? Do we know :dunno Its very open ended, so theres less motivation for collectors track down every last one.

So there should be 12 more trooper variants. Sweet!

bring it!:lol

dancing-stormtrooper-o.gif

This is the first FO Trooper I'm tempted to pick up. Love the way the helmet design panels out around the bottom and they seem to have more bulk. The new Snowtrooper look is a bit weak to me. It's consistent with the rest but just nowhere near as freaky-menacing as the ESB original. These guys, on the other hand, look ready to burn the freaking house down.

Wow, this is wrong on sooooooooooooo many levels... The flamethrower's design alone is incredibly stupid.

The designs in this movie arent creative enough for me. Kylo Ren looks meh, Finn, Rey and Poe, meh, flame troopers, meh, looks just like all the others. They couldnt make these guys red? Look at how cool the imperial guards look in that fire engine red. They would have stood out, and it would make logical sense on the battlefield, so the other troopers clearly know, DONT ACCIDENTALLY SHOOT THE RED GUYS!

This worried me about JJ. He is a very, very strong actor and story oriented director, very good at telling a story on film, but creatively? Not so much. Im not sure he is a very creative guy at all. MOre of just a film school student type guy. Thats what he reminds me of, but not a real ARTIST. That was never his strong suit in any of his movies or anything else he's ever done.

I like the new Star Trek movies, but a lot of the designs in them are so underwhelming. Look at Khan. In the original ST2, he looked pretty cool. Looked like a wasteland dweller with clothes kind of scrapped together. What happens when JJ gets the character? Its just a regular looking dude. Nothing unique at all about the character design, and to me he really dropped the ball there in that movie.

Sorry off on a rant, just bored at all the dull character designs ive seen in this movie, and the flametroopers were an opportunity to do something cool like George used to, and he bailed out and took the safe road, like he did with the Star Trek movies.

The designs in this movie arent creative enough for me. Kylo Ren looks meh, Finn, Rey and Poe, meh, flame troopers, meh, looks just like all the others. They couldnt make these guys red? Look at how cool the imperial guards look in that fire engine red. They would have stood out, and it would make logical sense on the battlefield, so the other troopers clearly know, DONT ACCIDENTALLY SHOOT THE RED GUYS!

This worried me about JJ. He is a very, very strong actor and story oriented director, very good at telling a story on film, but creatively? Not so much. Im not sure he is a very creative guy at all. MOre of just a film school student type guy. Thats what he reminds me of, but not a real ARTIST. That was never his strong suit in any of his movies or anything else he's ever done.

I like the new Star Trek movies, but a lot of the designs in them are so underwhelming. Look at Khan. In the original ST2, he looked pretty cool. Looked like a wasteland dweller with clothes kind of scrapped together. What happens when JJ gets the character? Its just a regular looking dude. Nothing unique at all about the character design, and to me he really dropped the ball there in that movie.

Sorry off on a rant, just bored at all the dull character designs ive seen in this movie, and the flametroopers were an opportunity to do something cool like George used to, and he bailed out and took the safe road, like he did with the Star Trek movies.

The funniest thing about your complaint is that it 100% applies to the original trilogy. Which is the entire reason JJ went back to more basic designs for imperial characters. Han/Luke/Leia in ANH don't exactly have wildly exciting costumes. I would love to hear your impressions of a taller all chrome trooper with a cape being bland though.

They are also intentionally not showing us a number of characters in the movies yet. Hot Toys/SS have not seen the movie.

I'm pretty sure bone white soldiers stand out more than even fire engine red ones, which was kind of the point of Stormtroopers in the first place. It feels like your complaint is more that you're used to seeing Stormtroopers and Stormtrooper like designs. Lucas was hardly a real ARTIST, he had an army of real artists that created everything we see in the OT. To me the Flametrooper looks really cool and still looks like something that came from the OT universe, which is already better than the look of most anything in the PT that George himself was in control of.

Last edited:
Back