1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comparison pics. Is it the lighting but Luke's chin or jaw line looks s tad sharper on farm boy sculpt or maybe it could of been that the distance on how the photo was shot from the camera that made it appear that way.

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

That's because the way the eyelids are sculpted looking to the front, the cornea changes the shape of the eyelids. That's why it doesn't look as good looking sideways and have that sleepy eyes look.

That's interesting, didn't think of that. To add to that I was thinking that possibly the eye was sculpted in the center (yet the decals are off to the side a bit) so when light hits it it hits the center of the sculpted eye a bit more than the iris and that causes a visual disagreement. It's still good, and I'm happy to have the two versions rather than two identical sculpts, but the Farmboy Luke is better to me.

Thanks for the comparison pics. Is it the lighting but Luke's chin or jaw line looks s tad sharper on farm boy sculpt or maybe it could of been that the distance on how the photo was shot from the camera that made it appear that way.

I have to say that I have that same impression both in person and in pictures I've taken. Like the stormie Luke is slightly fuller in the jaw. Not sure if that's actually happening or a trick of the light. Jaw seems a bit more defined on the Tatooine sculpt.
What's funny is if you see lots of pictures of Hamill in the trooper disguise, the ribbed neck piece seems to make his face a bit fuller in several scenes. I'll try and see if I can put the stormie sculpt on the Tatooine figure and see what that does. I tried the other day but the peg was too long so I'll have to try switching those as well.

I spent the last couple days browsing this thread deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on this guy...mainly to use as a stormtrooper since I missed that one completely. Low and behold he's only wait-list now....shame on me :(

I spent the last couple days browsing this thread deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on this guy...mainly to use as a stormtrooper since I missed that one completely. Low and behold he's only wait-list now....shame on me :(

Get on that waitlist. IMO, the proportions on this all around are an improvement over the original Stormtrooper release.

I'm in the same exact boat. I have been looking at this figure for almost two weeks and was about to flex pay him tonight and saw he was wait listed. I went ahead and signed up. The early wait listings usually get picked up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452380958.125729.jpg

Thanks for sharing all of these picks. He looks great!!!:clap

I might look around and see what other boot options are available. I might want something a bit shorter. I still like a "leather" boot like Han's and I guess I'll need to find something with a "foot" in it to attach to the ankle peg if I use the farmboy body, right?

Now I need to figure out where to buy a second farmboy Luke to redress in the Yavin clothes. Looks like you can only buy one from Sideshow.

I wonder if its possible to fit the the saber arm up the sleeve of the shirt and jacket on that outfit? I'm not going to display him with the medal, but rather as if he is on some off screen adventure that takes place before ESB.

Thanks for sharing all of these picks. He looks great!!!:clap

I might look around and see what other boot options are available. I might want something a bit shorter. I still like a "leather" boot like Han's and I guess I'll need to find something with a "foot" in it to attach to the ankle peg if I use the farmboy body, right?

Now I need to figure out where to buy a second farmboy Luke to redress in the Yavin clothes. Looks like you can only buy one from Sideshow.

I wonder if its possible to fit the the saber arm up the sleeve of the shirt and jacket on that outfit? I'm not going to display him with the medal, but rather as if he is on some off screen adventure that takes place before ESB.

Thanks. Yes. Or you can get feet and an empty pair of boots. I have an extra set of Medicom Luke Jedi boots if you are interested.

Not sure if you can fit the light up arm through the sleeve of the shirt I can try it when I get home. I modified my DX 07 sleeve by cutting the threads that hold the cuff together and gluing magnets on the cuff to keep them together. Works pretty good.

That's a great idea. Post pics when you have it finished.

I'm in the same exact boat. I have been looking at this figure for almost two weeks and was about to flex pay him tonight and saw he was wait listed. I went ahead and signed up. The early wait listings usually get picked up.

You're right, I got on the waitlist immediately and I got an email stating they found one for me :)

You're right, I got on the waitlist immediately and I got an email stating they found one for me :)

When did you get on the waitlist? I put in a reservation last night when I re-ordered Vader, got my fingers crossed.

When did you get on the waitlist? I put in a reservation last night when I re-ordered Vader, got my fingers crossed.

I put myself on Monday immediately when I noticed it was listed as such. Also put in for C-3PO exclusive/deluxe version with the busted arm on Monday too. Got the emails last night for both of them.

I got on Monday as well but also found the last one in stock at toys2. So I ordered from them and made sure the order went through. I just canceled my waitlist I put in MOnday night. So one less person in front of you maybe since I canceled my waitlist for him. Good luck

So do Hot Toys make a limited amount of a certain figure and that it? The two pack Stormtroopers are all sold out and thats it right? There's no chance they'd make another batch? I ask because it sounds like some figures, like Obi-Wan are becoming available again in February.

Back