Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like just 12 left at Popcultcha. This is definitely* going to be a high demand figure on the secondary market. I've got 2 on order (1 at SS and 1 at PC) because the rule of two is even more applicable to sixth scale troopers than to Sith. I plan to display one in full face mask and the other with the sculpt showing under the helmet.

* and by definitely I mean purely my guess

So, who would want a custom mud base with a Star Wars plaque reading ?IMPERIAL MUDTROOPER? on the front? Or just a mud base in general with whatever on the plaque for this bad boy?

I know I?ll probably be displaying this with helmet on as an Imperial only. Probably pick up a couple and do a double figure base.

I think I would :)

I've only ever ordered from Popcultcha's Ebay store, but I went forth with a preorder for this figure. I'm on the waitlist with Sideshow, but I don't know what the chances of that panning out are. Better safe than sorry. And the price seems to be pretty close once all is said and done. Trying to decide if I need the regular deluxe version as well...

I've only ever ordered from Popcultcha's Ebay store, but I went forth with a preorder for this figure. I'm on the waitlist with Sideshow, but I don't know what the chances of that panning out are. Better safe than sorry. And the price seems to be pretty close once all is said and done. Trying to decide if I need the regular deluxe version as well...

I had a dilemma over regular vs deluxe and ultimately chose the regular. My reason being that in the absence of the Solo Chewie (which was teased with snow gear as well) I was highly unlikely to every use the deluxe accessories. I'm banking on it being more likely we get a Lando or Qira which the regular goes with than a fully kitted out snow gear Chewie and if we get no one else from this movie then his regular look is what I would display.

I had a dilemma over regular vs deluxe and ultimately chose the regular. My reason being that in the absence of the Solo Chewie (which was teased with snow gear as well) I was highly unlikely to every use the deluxe accessories. I'm banking on it being more likely we get a Lando or Qira which the regular goes with than a fully kitted out snow gear Chewie and if we get no one else from this movie then his regular look is what I would display.

Yeah, good point. I'm not sure I need to get either one since I'm getting Mudtrooper Han. I'm fairly selective with these figures, but if those other characters come out, I feel like I'll be missing out by not having a regular Han. I LOVED Solo, and it might be my favorite of the Disney Star Wars films. So I feel like it's an area I don't mind getting into a bit deeper than I normally would.

Yeah, good point. I'm not sure I need to get either one since I'm getting Mudtrooper Han. I'm fairly selective with these figures, but if those other characters come out, I feel like I'll be missing out by not having a regular Han. I LOVED Solo, and it might be my favorite of the Disney Star Wars films. So I feel like it's an area I don't mind getting into a bit deeper than I normally would.

That's part of my thinking too. If we get any more characters I'll kick myself if I don't have Han to go with them.

Spoiler. It's a beautiful figure, but not without its difficulties. The respirator WILL dent the sculpt. I'll be looking for an extra sculpt to combat this. If you have the opportunity to pick this guy up, do it.

Why didn't HT include a cheap dummy headpiece for the full mask display?

Cocolo, yes, I asked you. Shame Paypal does not operate here.

Looks like just 12 left at Popcultcha. This is definitely* going to be a high demand figure on the secondary market. I've got 2 on order (1 at SS and 1 at PC) because the rule of two is even more applicable to sixth scale troopers than to Sith. I plan to display one in full face mask and the other with the sculpt showing under the helmet.

Agree and same plan. Just need to figure out the mask situation. A real bummer a faceless dummy sculpt was not included.

If you loved the movie, why not go for the deluxe? It's only $23 more and you get a whole other look for the figure. Lots of interesting accessories (love the grappling gear!). I know it's already on top of $220, but if you're in, you might as well go all the way!

I loved the movie too, and I'm getting the deluxe Han and the Mudtrooper. I hope someday they do Qi'ra!

I mean dummy unpainted head sculpts are like 8 dollars on ebay. I know we'd prefer it was included but it's a pretty minimal cost no?

Not sure I understand these posts about regular vs deluxe. Assuming we're talking about the mudtrooper figure in this thread, isn't there just one regular version?

I mean dummy unpainted head sculpts are like 8 dollars on ebay. I know we'd prefer it was included but it's a pretty minimal cost no?

The only snag is the magnetic hairpiece made to fit the ventilator straps and helmet. I'm sure a dummy head can be carved or filed down to accommodate, but it'll be a little bit of work to get everything to fit. But probably worth it, IMO.

Not sure I understand these posts about regular vs deluxe. Assuming we're talking about the mudtrooper figure in this thread, isn't there just one regular version?

Yeah, sorry. I think we're all talking about the non-mudtrooper Han regular and deluxe options. It just came up since some people are taking the purchase of that figure into account when deciding to buy this one. There's no deluxe option for the mudtrooper.

Yeah having it fit properly with the helmet and mask is the problem, not the cost of the sculpt. I would probably have bought more of these if an alternate sculpt could have been used without a lot of work and also destroying it in the process.

Yep. I got a preorder in at PC and one coming from HK. Gotta have two of these.

anyone use monkey depot before? I can’t see any other places that still have this up for preorder.

Back