1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was all about the deluxe the day they previewed the Range Trooper. That was my favorite seen in the movie. Never changed it back to the regular version when the Range Trooper was supposedly scrapped. Oh well. Hopefully one day.

I was all about the deluxe the day they previewed the Range Trooper. That was my favorite seen in the movie. Never changed it back to the regular version when the Range Trooper was supposedly scrapped. Oh well. Hopefully one day.

I hear you on that. I was down for the deluxe with the Range Trooper and snow gear Chewie but then those just evaporated. So instead got the regular. Pimp Han on his own just looks odd.

Wow. I was thinking that maybe these sellouts would get a second run. But now I actually do have to wonder if they’ll do that with everything that happened with the pandemic. I’m thinking they want to get through these figures that were caught in the middle so to speak, and just move forward in order to try and get back on schedule.

Nevertheless I’m glad I pre ordered the 2 Solos and R2.

Wow. I was thinking that maybe these sellouts would get a second run. But now I actually do have to wonder if they’ll do that with everything that happened with the pandemic. I’m thinking they want to get through these figures that were caught in the middle so to speak, and just move forward in order to try and get back on schedule.

Nevertheless I’m glad I pre ordered the 2 Solos and R2.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said: "with everything that happened with the pandemic". These have hit the ground during the Pandemic, but we know they must have been fairly far into production of the individual pieces when it hit(I can only imagine how far ahead of time HT have to get prototypes made, costumes sewn, belts, boots, hands, boxes, etc, only to have to stockpile them for months on end till it's all made and ready to go, so they can get all the parts together, and into boxes to ship out.
With that in mind(As you are well aware, being a veteran of these boards), i expect that with the lack of worldwide shipping in the last twelve weeks or so, what might have happened here is that, HT might have a lot of stock on hand in HK, but SS haven't added any addition numbers to their initial order amount.
I could be wrong, but i expect this waitlisted item to come back "into stock" if and when the international embargo on most forms of mail lessens.
Personally, i have been hit financially with the lockdown, and although figures are a total luxury, i'd love to be able to splash out on the Deluxe Han. If things get back on track, i might hunt one down, but for now, i am proceeding on the assumption that they *will* see a second wave... Eventually...

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said: "with everything that happened with the pandemic". These have hit the ground during the Pandemic, but we know they must have been fairly far into production of the individual pieces when it hit(I can only imagine how far ahead of time HT have to get prototypes made, costumes sewn, belts, boots, hands, boxes, etc, only to have to stockpile them for months on end till it's all made and ready to go, so they can get all the parts together, and into boxes to ship out.
With that in mind(As you are well aware, being a veteran of these boards), i expect that with the lack of worldwide shipping in the last twelve weeks or so, what might have happened here is that, HT might have a lot of stock on hand in HK, but SS haven't added any addition numbers to their initial order amount.
I could be wrong, but i expect this waitlisted item to come back "into stock" if and when the international embargo on most forms of mail lessens.
Personally, i have been hit financially with the lockdown, and although figures are a total luxury, i'd love to be able to splash out on the Deluxe Han. If things get back on track, i might hunt one down, but for now, i am proceeding on the assumption that they *will* see a second wave... Eventually...

Hey Username, sorry to hear about your current financial situation. You may be right--there was probably plenty of product already in the works and well into production when the pandemic hit. This could all be just the "first batch" that's coming through, and with everything still struggling to get up to speed, it might take a little longer than normal for them to get out a "second batch".

Take care bud. Hope things turn around soon for you.:duff

Hey Username, sorry to hear about your current financial situation. You may be right--there was probably plenty of product already in the works and well into production when the pandemic hit. This could all be just the "first batch" that's coming through, and with everything still struggling to get up to speed, it might take a little longer than normal for them to get out a "second batch".

Take care bud. Hope things turn around soon for you.:duff

Thanks for your kind words, my friend. It will all work out. Everything always does.
As for the figures, it's a rare figure these days that goes straight to waitlist and sells out before SS even get it. It happens. But it's rare.
For this one, i expect SS aren't even making new orders for items except "new preorders" until things quieten down.
This will go back up for preorder. I hope, lol.

I'm also in 2 minds to get this. I wonder if they'll ever do a Solo 2 ? Would be interested in peoples thoughts on that.

The #MakeSolo2Happen had some momentum there for a bit. But I'm really not sure on Solo 2.

Maybe it's one of the titles in pre-development potentially for Disney+ ??

I'm also in 2 minds to get this. I wonder if they'll ever do a Solo 2 ? Would be interested in peoples thoughts on that.

The #MakeSolo2Happen had some momentum there for a bit. But I'm really not sure on Solo 2.

Maybe it's one of the titles in pre-development potentially for Disney+ ??

I'd be down for a Solo disney+ show or something like that. I imagine with the Volume used for Mandalorian something like that could really be possible. Between Mando, Obi Wan, and the various movie plates spinning not sure if its in the works or not though.

I definitely want movies, if you're going to follow main characters like Han and OWK. I hope they both get movies. They kept shortening the OWK series to like 4 episodes; just make a movie at that point. I want to see it in theaters, not now haha, but in the future.

I definitely want movies, if you're going to follow main characters like Han and OWK. I hope they both get movies. They kept shortening the OWK series to like 4 episodes; just make a movie at that point. I want to see it in theaters, not now haha, but in the future.

I'm with you for still making movies, however I think Disney would consider the risk of backlash and bad reviews too high to do Solo 2 as a movie. Disney would be painfully aware of it's previous history (we all know it wasn't because of the movie itself of course) but it's just too easy for anyone to use that against them.

Disney+ "box-office" isn't available information, so that takes away the main potential ammunition.

For a Crimson Dawn type story I almost think a longer TV format style would actually fit better than a shorter movie where typically things need to be grander, cinematic and possibly suited to a trilogy type format.

Anyway I guess we will see. I think the chances are decent for a Solo2 though.

I would love either a movie or a series. I'm not picky as to which as long as I can see continuing stories with Han and the whole gang. Money is not much of an object nowadays for a TV show as it was in the past. Many sets still exist that they can borrow, and the tech for environments like in the Mandalorian is impressive and seamless. So a "movie" budget is not as necessary in order for the story to feel expansive.

Just pre-ordered the regular. I didn't want to risk missing out if this goes like the Mudtrooper in the next month or so and had no interest in the deluxe look.

This figure is really well put together & excited to see what they do with ESB Han 9A3980F3-4859-43A0-B1CD-AC1D4BC17E03.jpg

cool shot!

If they produce another Chewie, i hope they include the bandoleer he wears in "Solo: as an accessory.

Back