Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating getting this, possibly the two-pack from SSC with my May coupon code. Love ESB, these guys look bad-ass, and they are distinctive enough that I could justify it--I don't think I'll ever buy a Sandtrooper because they're just slightly modified Stormtroopers.

But these guys only appear briefly in the film, and don't do too much when they are there. If I knew for a fact that HT was going all in with Hoth Luke and Han, I would probably buy without hesitating. But they'll seem a bit out of place on the display otherwise.

I'm sure there will be plenty once it starts shipping from Sideshow as always, but I preordered anyway. Safety first. :)

But look at Yoda... I saw one go for $199.99 free ship, no tax yesterday on ebay. Prices were hovering at $240 for the longest time, now dropping. Probably for the next two months at least.

I just got Yoda's head and hands from Toy Anxiety for $55 shipped. Cheapest I could find to upgrade my Sideshow Yoda!

I just got Yoda's head and hands from Toy Anxiety for $55 shipped. Cheapest I could find to upgrade my Sideshow Yoda!

What hands did you buy? The HT ones? I too bought a HT Yoda head for my SS, the closed eyes sculpt from TA for $30. On the TA thread I asked someone who did the same about the hands, he said the HT hands won't work with the SS. He said the HT head is the same darker green as the SS Jedi Master in which those hands will work with the SS Jedi Mentor as it's the same body. I bought the 4 different SS Jedi Master hands they had available on TA for $.25 ea. So I spent $31 + S&H.

These Snowies do pose up really well. The only thing personally I will do is to remove the Fat suit from the legs so that the material doesn't sit as tight.
IMG1.jpg

IMG2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 324
I pulled the trigger a min ago on the 2 pack

My order says - order in production

What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't a clue. I ordered my 2-pack last week..need to check and see if mine says the same. Boy oh boy would it be nice if these things ship sooner than expected.

Looks good. Opinions if given the option of Yoda or Snowtrooper which would you go with? With very few inhand images/reviews I lean towards Snowtrooper. I am a fan of dirty, scuffed unclean look in my 1/6 display. It brings out the realism.

Back