Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at that abdomen part the more it bugs me. Probably will swap it out with the one from my SS snowtrooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At $205 this seems to be a figure worth considering. Curious why this figure has taken steps back rather than the usual forward in price. (its a good thing)

Went for the double pack as I knew I was likely to.

Comparing the UK price with Sideshow's after a $20 code it made sense to go with Sideshow, taking into account RPs earned. They'll also arrive a lot sooner.

Went for the double pack as I knew I was likely to.

Comparing the UK price with Sideshow's after a $20 code it made sense to go with Sideshow, taking into account RPs earned. They'll also arrive a lot sooner.

Even with shipping fee, import fee etc?

Even with shipping fee, import fee etc?

Yes, estimating $40 shipping which is what they usually do for bigger sets, and adding 20% VAT.

$369.99 - $20 code + 21% (VAT plus creedit card 1% transaction) = $471.89 / 1.22 estimated (it's actually 1.24 now) = £386.79.

- $17.50 (£14.34) earned in reward points = £372.45.

Collectibles Direct is £385 or £375 if you pay it all in one go. Even with their 1% loyalty discount it's about the same.

With Sideshow you don't have to pay until it's in stock, and it'll arrive months earlier.

The more I look at that abdomen part the more it bugs me. Probably will swap it out with the one from my SS snowtrooper

Not sure if this is the right choice. Actually I would like to bring back the abdomengate and hopefully have more Jkno opinions, because browsing the internet I found conflicting evidence.

This is the original Talibane comparison:
SSC%20vs%20HT_zpshk9kazvt.png

These are EBS stills/behind the scenes:
Vader1.jpg

f57c5ca7ada92012955c1c79a88b4423.jpg

RB3.jpg

This is from the Magic of Myth expo:
momsnow2.jpg

motm_abplate_01.jpg

And these are from 501st reference guide for Snowie and Snowie commander:
22a5abe1a10935999566f25637f89768.jpg

500px-TS_snowtrooper_commander_full1.jpg

What I think in the end is that HT has the correct shape but is mounted upside down (or better, I wasn't able to find evidence ESB Snowies with the plate mounted that way...that is apparently Snowie Commander's way).

@Siththundercracker: wow thanks for those images! Guess HT does have it right. I feel better about these now.

Not sure if this is the right choice. Actually I would like to bring back the abdomengate and hopefully have more Jkno opinions, because browsing the internet I found conflicting evidence.

What I think in the end is that HT has the correct shape but is mounted upside down (or better, I wasn't able to find evidence ESB Snowies with the plate mounted that way...that is apparently Snowie Commander's way).

As mentioned earlier, the ab belt plate is seen in both orientations in the movie. Both SSC and HT have come pretty close to nailing the shape.

Yes, the bazooka doesn't seem quite right, but I like the DLT-20A.

I also love the Hoth part of the trilogy, so I don't feel guilty about having the second Snoqtrooper.

I hope this means that HT will make a Hoth Leia.

Yes, the bazooka doesn't seem quite right, but I like the DLT-20A.

I also love the Hoth part of the trilogy, so I don't feel guilty about having the second Snoqtrooper.

I hope this means that HT will make a Hoth Leia.

I could see that happening easily. I just want an ESB Stormie now.

I mentioned the touring costume has the abdominal armor/belt as upside down, which accounts for the differences you see with the Hot Toys figure. The touring costume is also missing the pouches and one of the red chest button.

I wrote a fairly in depth article on accurizing the Sideshow Snowtrooper, I feel it addresses the missing elements as well as modifying the eyes to a correct shape as well as including the ESB style stunt blaster. Have a look:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...mized-sideshow-snowtrooper-miniature-art.html

BOBBY

I mentioned the touring costume has the abdominal armor/belt as upside down, which accounts for the differences you see with the Hot Toys figure. The touring costume is also missing the pouches and one of the red chest button.

I wrote a fairly in depth article on accurizing the Sideshow Snowtrooper, I feel it addresses the missing elements as well as modifying the eyes to a correct shape as well as including the ESB style stunt blaster. Have a look:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...mized-sideshow-snowtrooper-miniature-art.html

BOBBY

Nice! I love the custom base.

BOBBY

Labour of love!

They have all the time. OT is legendary and will sell anytime. They need to milk fresh stuff (spin offs, ep 8, ...) first so I fear we will not see more ESB or ROTJ figures for a looong time.

Back