Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom edge of visor all wrong, wrong, wrong :confused:

Top: Original prop
Middle: Sideshow
Bottom: Hot Toys

View attachment 577910

View attachment 577911

View attachment 577912
Yeah, I already was thinking of using a SSC visor on my HT helmet if it's possible to swap. The SSC isn't 100% either but the HT looks more like ski goggles.

I'm not as wowed by the HT helmet as everyone else seems to be. The weathering is a massive improvement over both SSC X-wing helmets and the sculpt an improvement too, but stuff like the "anchor" emblems and the striped front of the mohawk are still off (both of which SSC got wrong a little more noticeably.)

I was really hoping we'd finally get some screen accurate fat, dark maroon colored "anchor" emblems on a 1/6 helmet, but HT made the same errors as SSC - just less so (rebel anchor emblems too thin, color too red, emblems placed too far up the helmet surface.)

To be fair, there are 2-3 different Luke helmets in ESB, each with slightly different treatments and emblem placement - the HT one most resembles the least used one (studio-filmed ATAT attack shots.)

I did notice that. Always bugs me. Strange detail.

Set Dresser: Hmmmm... needs something here. Quick, hand me that bubble wrap.
That's a weird gray area. It may have actually been Props since lead actor is interacting with it but honestly it go either way depending on the union at the time, plus the cockpit is a mechanical rig so that may well be under the purview of SPFX and/or the stunt team. 🤔

Does it come with the wind hair??
Nope. They must have used the ROJ hair (or a custom?)

C7DDB657-3CAB-4A51-8F3F-AA453F155B04.jpeg

Looks great.
I feel like the DX07 Battle Damaged head (specifically the messy/sweaty hair) would look great on this figure. Don't think the DX07 head will connect though

That's a weird gray area. It may have actually been Props since lead actor is interacting with it but honestly it go either way depending on the union at the time, plus the cockpit is a mechanical rig so that may well be under the purview of SPFX and/or the stunt team. 🤔
You would know, wouldn't you?😉

Bottom edge of visor all wrong, wrong, wrong :confused:

Top: Original prop
Middle: Sideshow
Bottom: Hot Toys

View attachment 577910

View attachment 577911

View attachment 577912

That's unfortunate. Visor edge does look more accurate on the SS.

The HT never had the slots at any stage (even the wonky proto SSC showed) - the SSC Luke Snowspeeder and SSC Luke X-wing both have the slots, maybe that's what you are thinking of.
It does look like the prototype replicated the idea of slots coming in from the outside. Now it just goes straight to the inside of the chin cup.

2B9EFC6D-3CB1-4E8A-988C-5AA171C2ACE7.jpeg

As I'm trying to decide on whether to get this figure or not, or maybe two (gotta have Dak) - I'm curious who's got the Jazz Inc Snowspeeder POed - this is clearly only way to display these two great pieces.
I'm feeling seriously tempted to order one now. It's never been one of my favorite SW ships, but a giant 1/6 version would still look insanely cool in the collection. Especially with this figure next to it.

I decided Im going to get this. I just love the look of the flight suit and want it in my collection. But I will be displaying him with the helmet in his hand and not on his face. That helmet just doesnt look right to me.

Back