1/6 Hot Toys Sith Trooper – Early Release Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, and people complain why HTs don't make SW figures. This is why. They put something out and 75% of the thread are fans bashing the movie that's not even out or fans fighting with the other fans that like the figure. Why would HTs invest resources into a high risk market when there is a Marvel cash cow sitting right there.

Do they? Because HT is making tons of SW figures. So much for "high risk market". Anyway, you are confusing old trilogies with utter disaster we call the sequel trilogy. OT and PT are cash cows bigger than anything new will ever be. And figures like this "Sith Trooper" are just repainted reused concepts. Seems like sequel trilogy can't produce anything interesting enough and yet original. RO and Solo did that without a sweat.

Do they? Because HT is making tons of SW figures. So much for "high risk market". Anyway, you are confusing old trilogies with utter disaster we call the sequel trilogy. OT and PT are cash cows bigger than anything new will ever be. And figures like this "Sith Trooper" are just repainted reused concepts. Seems like sequel trilogy can't produce anything interesting enough and yet original. RO and Solo did that without a sweat.

Right. That's why I'm still waiting for the Scout, DST, Range Trooper and Padame.

No they should not. Hot Toys needs to cater to more than the people determined to live only in the past.

Preach! Agree ...but that younger audience is not here (they can’t afford overpriced dollies), only us sad old farts are - and some, or even most, are pissed apparently [emoji28]

OT figures and PT figures are not hype purchases. People who wants these figures will buy it, whether it's this year or in 5 years.

Back to this trooper. I like the overall design but I don't like the helmet.

I don't buy these figures to play with so extra weapons that will remain in the box is not important.

That's how I feel about headsculpts and extra weapons. Just give me his main weapon and I'm good:lol

When do PO's usually go up, Thursdays or Friday? It's been so long since I felt the need to PO something on day 1.

Preach! Agree ...but that younger audience is not here (they can’t afford overpriced dollies), only us sad old farts are - and some, or even most, are pissed apparently [emoji28]

Where did you get the source saying younger audiences couldnt afford these dollies ? And which age group did you specifically aiming here ?

Where did you get the source saying younger audiences couldnt afford these dollies ? And which age group did you specifically aiming here ?

Well, I don’t know any young people (under 25 or so) that collect this stuff. Do you?
And have a bit of fun with this would you!?

Man, and people complain why HTs don't make SW figures. This is why. They put something out and 75% of the thread are fans bashing the movie that's not even out or fans fighting with the other fans that like the figure. Why would HTs invest resources into a high risk market when there is a Marvel cash cow sitting right there.

There is a big difference between Marvel and the new Disney Trilogy. Marvel movies might not all be that good, but the 2 SW Disney movies so far are not well received by many fans, TLJ being considered by many as the worst Star Wars movie, almost on par with Ewoks :p. People are asking for the OT figures and most of those are sold out quite fast. Even Prequels stuff sells better than Disney Trilogy stuff.

So basically this is just another "bash the new sw movies" thread.

While I love pretty much anything that's red and nerdy, I'm not sure I like the look of this yet. I'm still debating. I do like the new helmet though.

There is a big difference between Marvel and the new Disney Trilogy. Marvel movies might not all be that good, but the 2 SW Disney movies so far are not well received by many fans, TLJ being considered by many as the worst Star Wars movie, almost on par with Ewoks :p. People are asking for the OT figures and most of those are sold out quite fast. Even Prequels stuff sells better than Disney Trilogy stuff.

Saying Marvel movies might not be all that good is kind of a stretch. They have their formula and are able to deliver with each movie and for the most part, a majority of audiences are always left feeling satisfied. And that goes for both the core fans and general audiences. They've never had to be told to "subvert expectations" because the people handling that franchise understand and respect their "mythology" or whatever you call it.

I just wish Star Wars movies were like them where you don't need hundreds of 30-60 minute videos on Youtube explainig to you why "X,Y,Z Star Wars movie is good and you should like it". I was in my collecting during the PT-era hate and even without social media, it never felt this tiring to be a fan.

Does this figure look to have the same arm ribbing material the Patrol Trooper had? His elbow looks like it does.

Saying Marvel movies might not be all that good is kind of a stretch. They have their formula and are able to deliver with each movie and for the most part, a majority of audiences are always left feeling satisfied. And that goes for both the core fans and general audiences. They've never had to be told to "subvert expectations" because the people handling that franchise understand and respect their "mythology" or whatever you call it.

I just wish Star Wars movies were like them where you don't need hundreds of 30-60 minute videos on Youtube explainig to you why "X,Y,Z Star Wars movie is good and you should like it". I was in my collecting during the PT-era hate and even without social media, it never felt this tiring to be a fan.

I meant that maybe not all Marvel movies were as good as their own best, but they are still good, especially when compared to Disney sequels. I'm not a Marvel fan, but to be honest I like most of their movies more than TLJ.

I meant that maybe not all Marvel movies were as good as their own best, but they are still good, especially when compared to Disney sequels. I'm not a Marvel fan, but to be honest I like most of their movies more than TLJ.

Haha, yup. I totally agree. Even if a Marvel movie isn't that good, I can still leave it on in the background while I do stuff around the house. Unlike TLJ, where I don't even want to ever see anything from that movie ever again.

Because we're not Marvel fans. So even a movie flops it doesn't bother us, we pass on and move to next film. However, we are emotionally connected to SW and any failure is an insult to our feelings.

Sith trooper? Cant wait for JJ's Jedi 3pO

29e6edac1a1221ebc659d02dcee01660.jpg

sith trooper , is he as accurate with his force as the regular troopers are with their blasting?

Anakin and ROTJ Luke have been out for over a year and are still easily available from Sideshow. Not exactly a cash cow.

Anakin initially sold out and was going for over $350 on eBay until they did a second run. Luke has a second version on the horizon and most are waiting on that release. Besides, it’s just two out of many. There’s a laundry list of OT figures that have sold out. Most are going for above market now.

OT figures are just money in the bank for HT. Anything ST they produce, when you base it on what’s been warming shelves at places like PC and BBTS even with deep discounts, is just a big risk unless they REALLY limit the production numbers.

Back