Hot Toys Shazam & Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlshin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Had anyone heard anything about these two?

What's taking them? Also for those that have an idea, how do you know about the status? I'm trying to find any updates on Cyborg and Shazam, but NOTHING!

Might as well release Cyborg since he's the only league member to not get a figure yet, and also Shazam is a must have.

Howard has said Cyborg is not happening but Shazam is at some point.

There is a custom run of Cyborg happening if you?re desperate

I can understand why Cyborg was nixed. But them sitting on Shazam is Poe Dameron-levels of weird. Maybe the head sculpt has been an issue? Getting it approved? It's very odd.

Did he mention why Cyborg is not happening? Any details?

If I had to guess, it might be sales of the other Justice League figures didn't merit it? Or maybe the general reception of the film? Could be the expense to produce the figure might also not be worth it (if he's more expensive with all the new tooling).

This is just speculation on my part obviously.

Nope, just said it wasn?t but I think it?s obvious why isn?t it?

It's disconcerting. JL wasn't a popular movie and yet they made figures for all the other JL members. The Cyborg prototype looked awesome. If their sales are decent for Flash I don't see why they wouldn't be for Cyborg.

The wait for Shazam is starting to get to me.

It's disconcerting. JL wasn't a popular movie and yet they made figures for all the other JL members.

Most of the other figures with the exception of Flash and I guess tactical Batman benefitted from the ability to reuse parts and assets from earlier figures. That and at the very least Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are all popular characters with very large established fanbases.

Cyborg, in addition to not being nearly as popular, would be an entirely new sculpt with little to no reuse potential, so they probably don't see the point in doing it if they don't expect it to sell very well.

The wait for Shazam is starting to get to me.

Most of the other figures with the exception of Flash and I guess tactical Batman benefitted from the ability to reuse parts and assets from earlier figures. That and at the very least Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are all popular characters with very large established fanbases.

Cyborg, in addition to not being nearly as popular, would be an entirely new sculpt with little to no reuse potential, so they probably don't see the point in doing it if they don't expect it to sell very well.

They should make it a Toy Fair exclusive with limited production then! Lol.

Who is doing a custom run of Cyborg? I haven't heard about it, but I'd likely be on board.

Just search Cyborg on OSR, it?ll soon come up:

f9d4fafbef8ed041f86ef6c028050f5c.png

Had anyone heard anything about these two?

What's taking them? Also for those that have an idea, how do you know about the status? I'm trying to find any updates on Cyborg and Shazam, but NOTHING!

Might as well release Cyborg since he's the only league member to not get a figure yet, and also Shazam is a must have.

Why didn't you post this crap in the existing Shazam and cyborg threads? You did the same jerky thing in the Marvel forum. Do you feel your are entitled to do whatever you please whenever and wherever you feel like?

Why didn't you post this crap in the existing Shazam and cyborg threads? You did the same jerky thing in the Marvel forum. Do you feel your are entitled to do whatever you please whenever and wherever you feel like?

Whoa there Mal. Maybe dial down the vitriol a notch? The guy has posted 18 times since joining in 2014 - I think it's safe to assume he's not well versed on the standard practices of the forum. Also, last I checked the search function still hasn't worked since the migration to the new server, so finding older threads can be a bit tedious.

Whoa there Mal. Maybe dial down the vitriol a notch? The guy has posted 18 times since joining in 2014 - I think it's safe to assume he's not well versed on the standard practices of the forum. Also, last I checked the search function still hasn't worked since the migration to the new server, so finding older threads can be a bit tedious.

Thanks for understanding. Yes it's been a while and I've tried searching but it doesn't work.

Is there any indication that there will be a second Shazam movie? Maybe HT is waiting to see if the character will have more movies...

Is there any indication that there will be a second Shazam movie? Maybe HT is waiting to see if the character will have more movies...

They announced working on a sequel shortly after the release of the first film.

Back