Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The styrofoam piece is supposed to stay on. You have to use a bit of force to pop the helmet back on unless the inner attachment is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Thanks for the question. I had the same issue. However I had left the helmet just sitting on top for a while until I moved house.

Thanks JediJim. Good to know.

Cool. Thanks for the question. I had the same issue. However I had left the helmet just sitting on top for a while until I moved house.

Thanks JediJim. Good to know.

1. Did yours come without the helmet attached?
2. I tried again pushing it into place and it doesn't seem to pop/attach. I might be overly concerned with not damaging it, though it just doesn't connect for me.

2. I tried again pushing it into place and it doesn't seem to pop/attach. I might be overly concerned with not damaging it, though it just doesn't connect for me.

It's sometimes a bit more difficult because of the pauldron getting in the way, you could try removing that to see if it's truly broken or not.

It's sometimes a bit more difficult because of the pauldron getting in the way, you could try removing that to see if it's truly broken or not.

I took the pauldron off and tried to snap the helmet on with no success. I also tried rotating the helmet so the front of the helmet was facing his back and not interfering with the front body as much as still was unable. There does not seem to be visible damage, the hole it pops into doesn't seem to be damaged. I'm just left wondering if I am just not applying enough pressure still.Especially after hearing that others may have had the same issue. What would a possible fix be if it was truly broken? And, do all Sandtroopers ship default without the helmet attached? Still wondering about this because this might explain whether it is damaged or not.

Thanks!

Could be the neck joint is not correct size. Might need to find a longer one for the head and pauldron to work.

Could be the neck joint is not correct size. Might need to find a longer one for the head and pauldron to work.

If that is it, where would I find a longer neck joint, and how hard is it to take the current one out and replace it without damaging anything?

Thanks!

When I first got mine the head was on but would cone off too easily. More pressure than you are using should do it. The foam ring needs to push down enough for the ball joint to pop firmly into socket.
Try removing the foam. If it doesn?t go on without the foam something is wrong.

Mine is now packed. But I was considering just dunking the male end of the ball joint in some hot water for 30 seconds, then applying the helmet to it. Water and heat tend to do the trick on these joints.

Took me ages to get this guy. He is lovely.

IMG_3253 (změněno).jpg

Nice Futurion. He was my first Hot Toy, and still one of my absolute favourites ! Such a classic OT look, and for me, still the best bucket to my OT minds eye.

I think he was my 3rd Hot toy figure from the Star wars line,with DX Luke and Shadow trooper 2nd.
Sandtrooper is an awesome figure with a tonne of accessories.
Spacetrooper is another awesome OT edition.

I think he was my 3rd Hot toy figure from the Star wars line,with DX Luke and Shadow trooper 2nd.
Sandtrooper is an awesome figure with a tonne of accessories.
Spacetrooper is another awesome OT edition.

Ha yeah, I can remember I ummed and ahhhed about the Spacetrooper. I remember thinking at that time how could I make a standard stormtrooper from the Spacetrooper as I was a little late to the game. Little did I know the troopers to come.

That said, the 2 pack OT Stormtroopers (which I managed to pick up later) the Sandtrooper (and Spacetrooper by default) are still my favourite looking standard Stormtroopers.

My favourite HT OT trooper. Never understood why he hung around on sale for so long.

At the time I was like "I don't need every Trooper variant" and kept trying to get him for less than $200 shipped. Well that blew up in my face. Can't even get a Rogue One stand in at at this time.

Back