Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There may be other coupons, but not necessarily combined with the free shipping it has now (total came to $203 for me). So this is probably the best deal we're gonna get if you really want it.

Hmmm...
When will the free shipping end? I kind of thought the free shipping is just standard after a figure has been out for a year or so.

I do want it, but I have 3 figures on flex for the next 3 months, and I'm getting RO Vader this month.. No way I can swing it right now lol. Maybe I'll try again in a few months. Either that, or I'll just wait for the sandtrooper sergeant.

Darthrazz, I would recommend the Spacetrooper, reason being that we'll probably see another Sandtrooper (different colored pauldron) at some time but I think the Spacetrooper is a one and done deal.

Darthrazz, I would recommend the Spacetrooper, reason being that we'll probably see another Sandtrooper (different colored pauldron) at some time but I think the Spacetrooper is a one and done deal.

Yeah I'm not a huge Stormtrooper guy, but if there's any other one I would want it would be the Spacetrooper. It's just a really cool and unique look.

Thanks fellas, I think I'll get the Spacetrooper.

Got my Sandtrooper today and for the most part I really love the look of him. Especially when he's all decked out with his pouches and accessories and giant freakin guns.... However I was a bit disappointed to see that, underneath the dirt and weathering, the white armor is surprisingly flat and has hardly any shine or polish to it whatsoever (even in the cleaner areas)-- even though you can clearly still see a lot of shine in the actual movie.

Think I'll try to buff and shine him up a bit more if possible, because it seems like the kind of thing that would really improve the look of the figure a lot.

20170105_233434 (514x950).jpg

20170105_233419 (598x950).jpg

I'll be able to post some pics of my extensive mods to my HT Sandie helmet later this week. I spent a couple of hours deep in sandie ref pics while doing it and fixed many of the issues, but those grey "teardrops" are totally wrong in shape and can't really be fixed.

Yet overall, the HT sandie helmet is a much closer sculpt than the HT stormie, which really is no more accurate than the old Sideshow stormie helmet, even if the finish/detail level is much better.:(

I'll be able to post some pics of my extensive mods to my HT Sandie helmet later this week. I spent a couple of hours deep in sandie ref pics while doing it and fixed many of the issues, but those grey "teardrops" are totally wrong in shape and can't really be fixed.

Yet overall, the HT sandie helmet is a much closer sculpt than the HT stormie, which really is no more accurate than the old Sideshow stormie helmet, even if the finish/detail level is much better.:(

I'm not a HT Cheeleader, nor a SSC hater, but this is not true

I'm not a HT Cheeleader, nor a SSC hater, but this is not true

Eh, neither am I. I look at the ref pics, look at the sculpt, couldn't care less who did it. As I said before, I'm bummed because it was a MAJOR lost opportunity to have had a great ANH stunt (or hero) sculpt in 1/6. Now it's "oh well, wait another five years....":lol

That huge chin on the HT stormie; it's like SSC all over again. At least HT fixed the chin dimension on the sandie sculpt (and I love that they did a new sculpt, and did a new one for the new ROTJ stormie) - but then dropped the ball on the eye lenses and the "tear drops," which are way off. Took me hours with scalpel and paint to try to bring that sandie helmet closer to screen accurate. Hey, I'm a stickler.:dunno

They're very nice - they really are. The finish, paint and crispness on the HT is a HUGE jump over SSC's effort. But looking past the finish/crispness to screen accuracy of the sculpt? Marginal improvement at best, and anything but "nailed."

(P.S. Thanks for mentioning the Objets Du Mythe book in a few of your posts - I just got it in-hand and it's one of the best SW books I've seen.:clap)

Has anyone ever converted a Sandtrooper into a regular Stormtrooper? I'm assuming you can take all the Sandtrooper gear off and i'm not someone who minds all the desert weathering on it.

Has anyone ever converted a Sandtrooper into a regular Stormtrooper? I'm assuming you can take all the Sandtrooper gear off and i'm not someone who minds all the desert weathering on it.

You can take of all the gear, but technically won't be a normal trooper :)

Why in gods name would you ruin a $220 Star Wars sandtrooper . It's such an awesome figure . Just find a regular one on eBay .

You'd be better off picking up a jumptrooper. The sandtroops don't have the buttons on the AB plate. It would look strange without it if you converted one but I'm sure there were some troops that didn't have it in ANH. There were so many that were missing parts they all seemed different.

You'd be better off picking up a jumptrooper. The sandtroops don't have the buttons on the AB plate. It would look strange without it if you converted one but I'm sure there were some troops that didn't have it in ANH. There were so many that were missing parts they all seemed different.

Only reason I didn't think about getting the jump trooper was cause you supposedly couldn't take off the jump pack or remove the tube from his helmet...unless they're both removable.

That's the spacetrooper you're thinking of. The jumptrooper is the weathered up ANH stormtrooper. But you could just take all the gear off the sandtrooper (wouldn't ruin him). You can find them for cheap on eBay without all the gear and if you already have one you know there are enough weapons to share. He can be this guy, first trooper to go down in the battle at docking bay 94.

Ignore the arrows and just look at the guy without the pauldron or gear.
ANH_Screencap_10a.jpg

ANH_Screencap_14.jpg

ANH_Screencap_17.jpg

Back