Hot Toys Samuel L. Jackson head sculpt recast for Mace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This resculpt will be a challenge. HT has skin texture on their heads, so it will need to be replicated around the mouth area to look right.

This is a great Idea. Someone should also start a thread for people that want the Dutch sculpt repainted as Terminator.

Phive Minute Phun With Photoshop... :)

mace_ht_sculpt_boot.jpg

You know, you could leave the goatee on there and put a black gloved hand on him and pretend he survived the fall after Sidious zapped his black ass out the window lol.

something else, there are people on the boards who know how to do the cast in the transparent resin like hot toys uses, we might want to get in touch with them about the casting process. it's not just the skin texture that makes that head so very awesome, it's also the the fact that the skin is unpainted, simply cast that way.

You know, you could leave the goatee on there and put a black gloved hand on him and pretend he survived the fall after Sidious zapped his black ass out the window lol.

not 100% on this, but I do believe in the EU he does survive the fall, however, the fight, anakins betrayal, and all th injuries he sustained drive him mad, and he wanders the lower levels of coruscaunt untill he dies an old man as a "crazy old hermit"

something else, there are people on the boards who know how to do the cast in the transparent resin like hot toys uses, we might want to get in touch with them about the casting process. it's not just the skin texture that makes that head so very awesome, it's also the the fact that the skin is unpainted, simply cast that way.

We are good to go, I'm in contact with someone who will be able to replicate the skin texture and recast the head in transparent resin.:chew

Last edited:
Not to start up the whole "recasting is evil" debate, but I'm sure some of the artists (and HT business people) would be mortified to learn that their work is being recast and sold.

It is the position of the owners of this board that recasting for profit is wrong no matter what form it takes.

Not to start up the whole "recasting is evil" debate, but I'm sure some of the artists (and HT business people) would be mortified to learn that their work is being recast and sold.

It is the position of the owners of this board that recasting for profit is wrong no matter what form it takes.

Dave, this is what happens when you announce an MMS DX Joker within a year of releasing the first version.:rotfl

As far as I know, the idea is to modify the sculpt and then recast the modified sculpt, and sell that one, not a recast of the original.
How is this any different from Les's Spikey Haired Hicks?

Why, don't we just wait until Hot Toys(the king) cops dat Star Warz rights and make pimp Windu.

:confused::confused::google:confused::banana

i THINK i see what you're saying there, but the thing is I Doubt Medicom's Ever going to give up their Star Wars liscense.

As far as I know, the idea is to modify the sculpt and then recast the modified sculpt, and sell that one, not a recast of the original.
How is this any different from Les's Spikey Haired Hicks?

Exactly. Darren Carnell did it with his amazing Anakin and Legolas sculpts. There was no lynch mob going after him. Same with Les's amazing work.

Let's put the pitchforks and torches away, guys. Thanks.

not 100% on this, but I do believe in the EU he does survive the fall, however, the fight, anakins betrayal, and all th injuries he sustained drive him mad, and he wanders the lower levels of coruscaunt untill he dies an old man as a "crazy old hermit"

That is more proof the EU sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back