1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still holding out hope that maybe they pull an Asylum Joker and this guy comes out of nowhere. Honestly, between the DX 19 and the Forever figures being announced within a month of each other, I kind of hope they do a deep dive into old school DC, now that they have kind of a lull in terms of new content to mine.

IMG_7137.jpg

Where can I order this figure? I'm not going to waste time criticising it ( I might be tempted to repaint the hair). At that price ($100??), It would be worth picking this up as it would surely look good beside my hot toys Batman & Robin. The garish clothes (alone) would make the figure just jump out from your 1/6 figure collection.

Where can I order this figure? I'm not going to waste time criticising it ( I might be tempted to repaint the hair). At that price ($100??), It would be worth picking this up as it would surely look good beside my hot toys Batman & Robin. The garish clothes (alone) would make the figure just jump out from your 1/6 figure collection.

A nice figure overall, but it is 1/5 scale. I have this, and it does not look good next to any other Bat66 figures. Fine as standalone, or with the truly awful West Batman from the same line, which is what you see next to it.

If you want to put one together, the custom clothing set is still available to order, and there's a reserve list for the sculpt

Where can I order this figure? I'm not going to waste time criticizing it ( I might be tempted to repaint the hair). At that price ($100??), It would be worth picking this up as it would surely look good beside my hot toys Batman & Robin. The garish clothes (alone) would make the figure just jump out from your 1/6 figure collection.

Bradford Exchange. I appreciate ptassler sharing the image. Not quite what I had in mind but a nice addition to a Batman 66 display.

Word has it that the big slew of Batman tv show merchandise that all hit a few years back, after the rights being stuck in legal limbo for decades finally got cleared up, didn't sell nearly as well for anyone that everyone expected it to (outside of maybe the odd one here or there like Hot Wheels), hence why Batman 66 releases kind of fell off a cliff merchandise wise pretty swiftly after that initial boom.

So as much as I would have loved to see that Hot Toys Romero Joker get made one day, I just can't see it happening, unless Hot Toys decides to re-issue the Batman and Robin figures for the 60th anniversary in 2026, and finally make this guy as a companion piece. But given Hot Toys isn't exactly known for giving much of a damn about anniversary events or companion pieces anyway, it all seems incredibly unlikely, hence why I jumped on the custom run as soon as I heard about it.
Unfortunately it probably is a case where rights issues being held up for so long damaged the franchise somewhat. Batman is popular, but aside from reruns on tv the ‘66 series wasn’t kept in the limelight, and most of the fanbase for the show is probably older.

I would love a Romero Joker and other villains (as well as Batgirl), but I doubt we’ll ever get much else officially licensed.

I totally agree - that is some display. I would be happy with any one of those figures (but preferably all five of them for the sake of completion). Love the Penguin and Joker figures. If these were readily available, I know I would have to purchase them all. I can't pick a favourite. Hot Toys, please take note: RELEASE THE ROMERO FIGURE!!!

Me every time this thread is bumped without an official HT preorder.

View attachment 563495
I know, I'm the same way. There was an effort to get a custom done but it's been over two years and seems to have petered out. It'd be nice if someone at HT would see this and actually DO something, especially since the prototype is already done.

I would take this over a million Iron Men and Mandalorians. . .but it just ain't gonna happen.
Never say never. I would have sworn we would never get another Delorean and here we are. Hot Toys will do what they want to do and if Howard tomorrow decides to do a Romero Joker then so be it. They are an unbelievably frustrating company but there is also something exciting about not knowing what to expect from them.

I had really hoped it was pushed back due to Justice League, Wonder Woman and the current DC films but when there was the lull between production, we would see this figure. I had hoped we might also see the other villains as well. I can’t believe a Joker, Catwoman, Penguin and Riddler wouldn’t sell better than so many of the DC figures that have been released the last few years.

McFarlane and Mezco just released Batman 66 lines so the interest is clearly out in the market…but sadly we DO know what to expect from Hot Toys…we know EXACTLY what to expect from them for the foreseeable future…and unless Lucasfilm decides to use CGI to put Romero Joker in the background of a barroom scene in The Book of Boba Fett…Hot Toys is never going to produce this figure.

Back