1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to think that Hot Toys would finally pay attention to all these valid comments of disappointment and avowals to preorder, but I've totally given up on the company. You have to question their business acumen. This thread is not as divisive as the one dedicated to the Batman Forever line. Everyone here would be committed to buying a Cesar Romero Joker, without hesitation. I only hope that some other rising company (deserving of my money) will fill this gap in my detolf with a less expensive figure, in the near future.

I would like to think that Hot Toys would finally pay attention to all these valid comments of disappointment and avowals to preorder, but I've totally given up on the company. You have to question their business acumen. This thread is not as divisive as the one dedicated to the Batman Forever line. Everyone here would be committed to buying a Cesar Romero Joker, without hesitation. I only hope that some other rising company (deserving of my money) will fill this gap in my detolf with a less expensive figure, in the near future.

Actually, their business acumen makes perfect sense. They showed this Romero figure in 2016, right when the Marvel "Phase 3" started, not to mention Star Wars Rogue One, followed in the next year with The Last Jedi and Solo. There was no way to predict how well/poorly any of the Marvel or Star Wars films would be received, but they would all CERTAINLY reach a larger audience than anything from '66 Batman. What Hot Toys did was SMART business.

I love '66 Batman, and that Romero Joker looked fantastic. It's too bad, really...

I always get a little hopeful when this thread gets bumped, especially after those Batman Forever sculpts seeing the light of day. I'll still hold out hope for the Romero Joker figure. As everyone here has posted, I'll order day one!

I always get a little hopeful when this thread gets bumped, especially after those Batman Forever sculpts seeing the light of day. I'll still hold out hope for the Romero Joker figure. As everyone here has posted, I'll order day one!

Did you see the link for the custom? There may still be openings

I concede your point, despite the fact that they have injudiciously released other figures based on new properties in the past which haven't sold well. I was merely adding an expression of frustration to the already bountiful display of discontent and disappointment here concerning this figure's non-release. Even though I'm a fan of the Marvel & Star Wars films, I'm less than enthused about the saturation of the market with their Hot Toys figures (an old gripe, admittedly). Time for a bit of variety. Why did Hot Toys release these photos of a perfect 'prototype' of Cesar Romero's Joker back in 2017 (if they had no intention of releasing it)? This was, presumably, well after the disappointing sales' returns of the '66 Batman & Robin figures. Was it really to test the market? Or just to display their craftsmanship after an ill-judged investment? Had they already made up their minds not to release it? Judging from these past comments, this figure could have sold well ( adding another Joker to anyone's collection would surely have injected more variety than another Iron Man variant costume). There is a substantial amount of fans still hankering after this figure and several more missing from the Batman franchise (yes, another old gripe). Surely they would display good 'business acumen' by heeding this litmus test of commentary on this site. This thread of discontent isn't going away. Please, can some other company step into the breach and release a figure of comparable quality?

I completely get where you are coming from on this. Hot Toys is, as Forrest Gump said, "like a box of chocolates".

I'm at the point where I don't count on Hot Toys to produce anything, so I'm pleasantly surprised when something I like comes out. I think that's the best way (or least frustrating) to deal with them. That and just go the custom route. The link that greatlakes6 posted is an excellent site for customs. I'm not going to say that their projects are inexpensive, but what they do is really a form of art and you get what you pay for. You just have to choose what interests you and budget accordingly.

There are lots of figures that I would pay for that I doubt Hot Toys will ever produce, for one reason or another. That's where I go the custom route.

I concede your point, despite the fact that they have injudiciously released other figures based on new properties in the past which haven't sold well. I was merely adding an expression of frustration to the already bountiful display of discontent and disappointment here concerning this figure's non-release. Even though I'm a fan of the Marvel & Star Wars films, I'm less than enthused about the saturation of the market with their Hot Toys figures (an old gripe, admittedly). Time for a bit of variety. Why did Hot Toys release these photos of a perfect 'prototype' of Cesar Romero's Joker back in 2017 (if they had no intention of releasing it)? This was, presumably, well after the disappointing sales' returns of the '66 Batman & Robin figures. Was it really to test the market? Or just to display their craftsmanship after an ill-judged investment? Had they already made up their minds not to release it? Judging from these past comments, this figure could have sold well ( adding another Joker to anyone's collection would surely have injected more variety than another Iron Man variant costume). There is a substantial amount of fans still hankering after this figure and several more missing from the Batman franchise (yes, another old gripe). Surely they would display good 'business acumen' by heeding this litmus test of commentary on this site. This thread of discontent isn't going away. Please, can some other company step into the breach and release a figure of comparable quality?

I totally agree with the frustration. I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I have no interest in owning all of these clones and troopers, or even the Mandalorian variants. And (in my opinion - which will not be agreed with) many of the MCU figures are characters I'd never want on a shelf... C and D level characters like Black Widow, Hawkeye, all of the GOTG (regardless of how amazing the Yondu figure looks), etc..

I think Hot Toys was considering re-starting the line when they previewed the Joker, cause they also previewed that alternate color Batman. But I guess they got sidetracked.

Oh well, I'll forget about Joker when the JazzInc '66 Batmobile shows up.

I've just looked up photos for JazzInc's '66 Batmobile - amazing! It would be almost enough to console me in the absence of this figure. I'm glad to see another company jumping in and giving the fans what they really want. A limited run of any figure / vehicle is the way to go - a win-win for independent companies and consumers. Now, is it too much to ask for a bat-copter and a motorbike with sidecar?

Anyone buy this Romero from Bradford Exchange? Figured it’s better than nothing.

3BC157AB-851C-4A56-84B2-985EE283C6A4.jpeg

Completely agree with these sentiments. The link to the custom figure is tempting but just too much for me to spend on one figure (I was close with that Asmus Gandalf but after seeing in-and pics I'm glad I passed), especially without a reference pic to judge by.

That figure is not bad...not bad at all. The tailoring is quite good. I wasn't initially impressed by the head sculpt, but the more I study it, I can see an alternate resemblance to Romero's Joker. Definitely acceptable. The hair looks like a backswept bouffant whilst the Hot Toy's sculpt is more wavy. At least the hair seems a bit tinctured, rather than a dull, flat one shade of green. I have only one of the many variant Joaquin Phoenix / Joker figures (and whilst I can see dissimilarities in quality), any one single figure is acceptable in the absence of an expensive Hot Toys figure. How much is this figure? I've had trouble logging onto that site. Thank you to whoever posted this image.

I'm just going to settle with the Iron Studios statue but I understand how others prefer figures for staging and presentation.

Back