1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
link doesn't work and couldn't find it...can you reply back with link ?

Sorry I left my iPad at home so I haven’t been on here all day.

https://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/1966-the-joker-iris-creg-customs.190484/

I’m not sure if it’s a cross platform problem with the link, it worked for me. Anyway if you go to customonesixth.com as great lakes stated the project is under the title: 1966 Joker. Your login here works over there as that was the custom section that was split from here a couple years ago.

A quick bump. It looks like there are some folks that committed to the custom figure mentioned above but didn't commit. For anyone interested, this thing is ready to go with one more paying customer. Just FYI

Guys this may be the only 1966 Joker we ever see, let’s get it done while we have the chance. One more spot left to pay and we are in production. More is welcome of course.

I put down a deposit too. Sucks that HT couldn't get their act together and deliver on this. If they had any sense, now is the time to put this up, together with their Batman Forever figures, because it'll be awhile before the Pattison figure comes out.

I'm sure if Hot Toys pops their heads in here and finds out a custom is being done, they'll put their prototype into production just to crush it

I'm sure if Hot Toys pops their heads in here and finds out a custom is being done, they'll put their prototype into production just to crush it
Yeah, except they would probably stick him into an Iron Man suit.

Haven't done that yet for the MCU Vulture and Millenium Falcon cockpit by Jazzinc.

I put down a deposit too. Sucks that HT couldn't get their act together and deliver on this. If they had any sense, now is the time to put this up, together with their Batman Forever figures, because it'll be awhile before the Pattison figure comes out.

Yeah the proto Romero looked great, I cant believe that was 4 years ago now. I still hold out a slither of hope we might get a Romero joker some day.

Word has it that the big slew of Batman tv show merchandise that all hit a few years back, after the rights being stuck in legal limbo for decades finally got cleared up, didn't sell nearly as well for anyone that everyone expected it to (outside of maybe the odd one here or there like Hot Wheels), hence why Batman 66 releases kind of fell off a cliff merchandise wise pretty swiftly after that initial boom.

So as much as I would have loved to see that Hot Toys Romero Joker get made one day, I just can't see it happening, unless Hot Toys decides to re-issue the Batman and Robin figures for the 60th anniversary in 2026, and finally make this guy as a companion piece. But given Hot Toys isn't exactly known for giving much of a damn about anniversary events or companion pieces anyway, it all seems incredibly unlikely, hence why I jumped on the custom run as soon as I heard about it.

D262A899-A05F-448A-A931-F3FDA46693A7.jpg

Jump on the custom run.

I just don’t care enough about Romero’s Joker to get in on an expensive custom run. I’m already regretting trying to put together a Joaquin Joker.

The prototype Hot Toys showed was perfect - I just want that. Maybe one day they’ll release him.

I just don’t care enough about Romero’s Joker to get in on an expensive custom run. I’m already regretting trying to put together a Joaquin Joker.

The prototype Hot Toys showed was perfect - I just want that. Maybe one day they’ll release him.

I would have jumped on that in two shakes as well. but it's been four years and HT has shown they don't give a rat's ass about major DC characters, much less any villains or other figures. Believe me, an expensive custom was the last thing I wanted to do, but if it turns out looking anywhere close to the HT prototype, I'm happy

I remember I did a custom John Matrix fig some years ago for myself, using a repainted HT T2 head. Never in a million years did I think HT would make a Commando John Matrix, then low and behold, just after I finish my custom HT announce their Matrix fig :slap. Granted though this is a few years ago now, back when HT believed in a bit of variety.
I will stick my neck out and say a HT Romero Joker is highly unlikely.

Need just one more PAYING customer to make this a go. I know you're out there :)

Back