Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandito;
good body review.... but I tell you that jill valentine joints, wearing cloth are very restricted.. a different story:

I can,t achive more than 85 degrees at the elbow joints (not 100 like you say with the nude body)

The hip joints are tight and has a great range.. but with pants.... not more than 30 or 40 degrees as much

Some joints, like shoulders can,t stay in place and if you force them a litle, then the joint back to the starting position.... ( same effect as rubbered suit figures like batman ).. the problem is the tight blue shirt and pants, squeezing and pressing the rubber in these areas (shoulders, hips...) and tighten the screws could not solve this issue.
For example : I can,t pose her with both hands holding the pistol forward (however I can do that with sheva)

I really hate these new arms, don,t like this limited and racheted system at the elbows (too soft) and even the forearms looks longer and disproportionate ¿¿??
I would try to swap the arms, but the caucasian TTF has a different skin tone right?

Last edited:
Nice review Bandito ... you say about of the joints of the arms are compatible, with the old ttp female right?
i know.. are many question of me but a last doubt can it be?
Nice review man... you say about of the joints of the arms are compatible, with the old ttp female right?

why the ankle pegs are not compatible whith the other ttf ¿?

or i can change the ankle pegs of the doll?

my jill valentine coming in two weeks i need to know thanks Bandito

Nice review Bandito... you say about of the joints of the arms are compatible, with the old ttp female right?

why the ankle pegs are not compatible whith the other ttf ¿?

or i can change the ankle pegs of the doll?

my jill valentine coming in two weeks i need to know thanks Bandito

kardiel:...the arms should be compatible the other TTF arms (there are 2 other variants from HT) at the shoulders socket. the size of the balls differs slightly but the are compatible.

As mentioned many times without modding, bare feet (from TTF) are not compatible.You also cannot switch the entire lower legs as well (with other TTF) because of the different knee joint. The ball socket are compatible with booted feet (Sarah Connor and BW being the other 2)

lerath666... the wings are at the sides of the inner hard plastic pelvic (hips). They are glued on.

VALVOLINER.. I agree the cloths are restrictive, same with Black Widow for which body I'm reviewing. The elbows are like any "split ball" joint from HT (it being some resistance, but not really meant for being a ratcheted system, the shoulders on the other hand are).
Yes the skin tone is different, Caucasian TTF being darker. The only fair TTF I can think of that are compatible are Silken Floss, Chacha Asai, Silk Spectre II.... and rubber arms of Sarah Connor. Edit some TTF shoulder ball are too small.. you'll have to mod to enlarge the ball to fit to the large ball socket.

Last edited:
Update: The internal torso. Should the need arise for you to access the 4 screws to tighten the joints to solve floppy neck or shoulders. Separating the rubber from the internal torso is not difficult. I solved the floppy neck issue of my body.
internaltorso.jpg

Hey bandito!

I fixed the loose neck problem of my Jill Valentine figure simply, using superglue around the ball joint, and then letting it dry a couple of hours..before attaching it ... Now the neck joint is pretty stiff :wink1:
(I pull off the head and took the whole piece/joint as well)

I m planing to swap the arms of my old Machiko ( she fell to the ground from the shelf 2 moths ago, but her left hip joint, and mid internal torso joint broke and I can,t fix them) but I notice that machiko arms conectors (ball joints) looks different comparing them with the pics you posted..
Are you sure are you sure they will work??
:dunno

I solve the skin tone issue at the forearms, sanding them (dry method with sand paper and then wet method) and now the skin tone looks practically the same color... fortunately. :)

Edit: I had another boxed Machiko..

Last edited:
Hey bandito!

I fixed the loose neck problem of my Jill Valentine figure simply, using superglue around the ball joint, and then letting it dry a couple of hours..before attaching it ... Now the neck joint is pretty stiff :wink1:
(I pull off the head and took the whole piece/joint as well)

I m planing to swap the arms of my old Machiko ( she fell to the ground from the shelf 2 moths ago, but her left hip joint, and mid internal torso joint broke and I can,t fix them) but I notice that machiko arms conectors (ball joints) looks different comparing them with the pics you posted..
Are you sure are you sure they will work??
:dunno

I solve the skin tone issue at the forearms, sanding them (dry method with sand paper and then wet method) and now the skin tone looks practically the same color... fortunately. :)

Edit: I had another boxed Machiko..

Machiko's ball joint at the shoulders are smaller.... it will not fit to Jill's body without enlarging the ball or make the socket smaller (some modding is required.

There are actually a limited number of TTF arms that can fit without mod ... Sarah Connor's arms being one..

Last edited:
Machiko's ball joint at the shoulders are smaller.... it will not fit to Jill's body without enlarging the ball or make the socket smaller (some modding is required.

There are actually a limited number of TTF arms that can fit without mod ... Sarah Connor's arms being one..

Any suggestions for enlarging the shoulders ball joints or how reduce the shockets... :dunno

Are very small the machiko sockets comparing with jill,s or Black widow,s ??

Maybe supeglue for enlarging or reducing ??

Edit: I feel disconcerted now..:monkey2

Last edited:
Any suggestions for enlarging the shoulders ball joints or how reduce the shockets... :dunno

Are very small the machiko sockets comparing with jill,s or Black widow,s ??

Maybe supeglue for enlarging or reducing ??

Edit: I feel disconcerted now..:monkey2

Super-glue will not do..... the only other TTF double jointed arms with the same enlarge shoulder socket is Chacha Asai.

"Jill, Jill, Jill. You're like a broken record, you know that?"

packagingcolour.jpg

- So tired today Will take more pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
The internals .... Should you want to correct/tighten joints.
With the rubber skin removed. 3 crews hold the bottom pelvis together. Casting was not very good with my copy (for the pelvis) that cause some floppy-ness of the waist (due to the loose ball socket of the pelvis. I ground it to fit and screw it more tightly, stiffness restored.
bws.jpg

bws1.jpg

Last edited:
To replace the arm, all you have to do is yank them out of their shoulder sockets?

According to bandito.. NO :gah:

Apparently this is not so easy.. the shoulder ball joints have different sizes or thickness. So it needs customization, but do'nt know how to proceed... :dunno

I feel frustated now, because I was going to swap the arms using Machiko´s,.. and even had sanding the forearms in order to match the skin tone.. :slap

Edit: Anyways and changing the subject,.. I've noticed something curious when I was checking jill´s box set: (back side)
In the profile section it says: Height :5'4... and Sheva´s box set says the same : Height: 5'4...:cuckoo:
who has the truth, Capcom or Hottoys ?? :rotfl

Last edited:
Does anybody know if they are going to make more Resident Evil figures or is this the last one? and why the hell wouldn't they put make Barry?

To replace the arm, all you have to do is yank them out of their shoulder sockets?

Techinically... yes... they should be easy to come/pop out..... For 1 to 1 swap without any modding there are only 2 choices from HT's stable of females: Sarah Connor's rubber arms or Chacha Asai's double jointed.. I don't own females pre-Machiko so I can not say for certain Ripley's/Liz Swan/etc arms will do or not (I hazard a guess ....not).

Edit:....... and Black Widow... (a given being the same body (minus bust size) as Jill, redundant too being the same arms)

Last edited:
The "BSAA version" on the box has me hoping for a second Jill now. I don't see why they would put that, or at least the word "version" on it without a second version (STARS :pray:) being in the works.
Just because they say version doesnt 100% mean they will be making another version, look at Sheva she only comes in one form. And unless HT can get the rights for RESIDENT EVIL 1/REMAKE they wont be making a STARS Jill since they only have the rights for RESI 5 and both Chris & Wesker had their STARS version, so chances of HT buying the Rights just to make ONE outfit and it was released like 8 years ago, why go back. chances are very small, i see alot of people on here saying ooh il pass this one and wait for the STARS, dont bother they should just buy this one atleast it Jill, the other aint coming, they can always make a custom.

I think if Hottoys buy RE1 license and make main Alpha team characters like
1. Chris
2. Jill
3. Wesker
4. Barry
Plus Rebecca from Bravo. May be a couple of monsters and Tyrant. It will make Hottoys much more money than both RE4 and RE5 made combined. Some might say they already did STARS Chris and Wesker, but Chris look really different in RE1. Wesker may be not that much different but if they make it I'll buy it.

Back