Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I removed as much as I could without removing her shirt. The tape on her right arm is all gone, the sleeve was able to be teased up to her elbows, but her left arm sleeve is very tight, so I just removed the visible tape and left the remainder.

Some notes/observations:
-It literally took me about an hour to set her up with all her accessories, straighten out her clothes, etc. Stringing up all those belt accessories was a nightmare.
-Jill's boobs are not anchored to her body like BW's, I can push them up with my fingers. Not that I need to, they're in perfect position.
-Jill seems to balance a lot easier than BW, I can put her in more poses without the base than I can with BW. Jill has less foot articulation than BW.
-I had to do up her pants quite a bit tighter to avoid the visible velcro.
-Her earpiece is very difficult to keep in place. Her cap actually serves a useful purpose in this case, it helps keep it the earpiece flat against her ear and in place, otherwise it flops all over.
-The V of her shirt's neckline is lined with an aluminum wire underneath.
-The elastic at the back of her cap is attached with cheap glue. Which came apart quite easily as I was trying to put her ponytail thru the hole. A quick stitch job fixed it quite effectively. The elastic is only about 1cm long.

I took a few very quick rough and dirty photos. I'm getting some Detolfs in next week, but for now she sits outside next to my anime figs :lol

img0269ap.jpg

img0271ars.jpg

Wait......... So her boobies can be "positioned" to the persons liking? Cool....in a weird sorta way:lol

Could the blue/black fabric (shirt) stretch... may bulk up her arms when I get my copy. In the game it's too tight... HT's too loose, CG 2.0 arms look about the right size.

The shirt fabric can stretch quite a bit, but the cuff of the sleeve is stitched very tightly and that part will not stretch.

So anyone know when BBTS and other online stores will start getting there stock? I ordered mine through BBTS so Im waiting to hear something form them...

:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:
Just checking the tracking number and....Mi poor Jill has been retained in customs!!!...:monkey2

____ing customs!!.. the worst thing is that I have not received the Arrival Notice, and the Forms I have to submit, So I can not do anything yet :gah::gah:

yay brought Jill on sunday, was lucky only had 2 left. and it turned out to be cheaper than having to wait til end of Sept for her to be released more. check today Hong Kong Post said it left today so hopefully it will arrive Friday, cant see it coming tomo.

Sideshow page still lists "August" release. I wouldn't mind it going into next month, as I went overboard with the gohastings sale and an ebay deal I couldn't resist. :p

Just pay the ransom for my jill, because she had been hijacked by an organized cell called "the ____ing customs"...:gah: (50$)

I going to post some impressions with the figure in hand;

The body;

Different but not better than the old FTT I,ll would say worst (I,ll explain why)

the good: Yes the new body has double jointed knees and surprisingly the waist can be turn left or right inside the rubber..thats all

The bad: incomprehensible poor motion for the elbow joints.. not exceed 85 degrees :slap and the joints are racheted?? but very soft ??
the arms can be moved forward a bit more than 90 degrees due to the tight shirt and the loose shoulders joints...
The neck joint is pretty loose. you can move the neck forward and sideways with a good range.. but as I said is too loose :slap
The shoulders can move slightly backward and forward.. but again are too loose..... the old FTT ones were far better (perhaps the limitation is due to the rubber covering the plastic??)
However,the hip joints are very stiffed, but due to the tight pants you can,t move the legs forward more than 30 or 40 degrees :slap
(same problem for sideways movement)

ht-biohazard5-jill-body-2.jpg

I forgot to mention that I have,nt be able to remove the biceps plastic precints.. because is virtually impossible, at least you remove her blue shirt before (I have tried but I have given up, because is fits very tight and was afraid to break it) nevertheless ,I removed the forearms plastic precints easily..:monkey2

The headsculp, is fine for me. better than the prototype pics shown, but looks very generic anyway..and the cap fits better than the pics I have seen in this post (at least mine fits better :dunno)

The outfit is well done, but HT should have chosen more elastic fabrics for better poseability..
The gear and weapons are ok, like the other Biohazard 5 figures, in fact is basically the same..(except the pouches, the health Spray or pistol)

The overal figure looks fine but should have been much more better, simply improving her body (too many shortcomings here) + accurate head, especially at this price
So we have, a decent Jill Valentine portrait but very limited in terms of mobility

Edit: Il take some pictures later

Last edited:
Review: New TTF body review. Applies to Jill and Black Widow body.

Arms: Same shoulder socket as previous TTF females, thus compatible should you choose to switch arms, easier to pop these shoulders off. The arms can bend up to about 100 degrees. The elbow joints can easily taken out. It's like an enlarge wrist (or some HT ankle) joints.
Hip joints: Capable of 360 degrees twist only when the legs are move perpendicular to the body (split like, or the stick of the ball joint parallel to the leg). Almost all possible motion of the legs/hip is possible with the new arrangement. The hip socket of leg can completely turned around (as show with the bottom leg, in picture below). 3 screws are used at the upper thighs to holds the rotatable ball socket in-place. The blue box (in pic) shows the what I term "wings attachment to the fringe of the inner pelvis". I removed these "wings" to give the leg articulation more range.
parts1q.jpg

Four screws hold the inner plastic Abdomen section, both ends are ball sockets joints. The top joint which is connected to the ball joint (stick -protruding, unmovable) of the upper torso has a wide range of approximately 45-50 degrees. The bottom ball joint (pic below, left) is actually connected to a short double ball stick (like double ball ankle joints of TT). The outer layer of the abdomen skin is glued to the inner abdomen section at the front and back. I peel back the back part to access the screws to tighten the screws (to make the abs hold firmer) and also allow a little more freedom to the rubber skin. The front rubber abs. part is still attached. (used evilalive's pic, upper torso).
absd.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Pull back to reveal the double ball joint separating of the Abs/Pelvic region. There is not much range here due to the rather short double ball joint and it also being impeded by the rubber skin. You can twist, move forward and backward. Double ball joint (free range motion... I would say 30 degrees off-center at any given position). The front and back of the abdomen being glued to the skin does limit how much you can actually twist the abdomen. It does look realistic some-what by imitating stretching of the abdomen.
waisti.jpg

The balls of the hips. "The Wing" were removed (pic below). The balls covering where "the wings" are supposed to be attached to the hard plastic of inner pelvis.
hips.jpg

Example of articulation range:
art2.jpg

arti1.jpg

78409d1282335766-hts-new-truetype-female-body-review-applies-black-widow-jill-valentine-arti4.jpg

arti3.jpg

More ebay pics as ref. The thighs sandwiching the rotatable ball socket of the hips
IMG_6255-horz.jpg

Last edited:
Just pay the ransom for my jill, because she had been hijacked by an organized cell called "the ____ing customs"...:gah: (50$)

I going to post some impressions with the figure in hand;

The body;

Different but not better than the old FTT I,ll would say worst (I,ll explain why)

the good: Yes the new body has double jointed knees and surprisingly the waist can be turn left or right inside the rubber..thats all

The bad: incomprehensible poor motion for the elbow joints.. not exceed 85 degrees :slap and the joints are racheted?? but vey soft ??
the arms can be move more than 90 degrees due to the tight shirt and the loose shoulders joints...
The neck joint is pretty loose. you can move the neck forward and sideways with a good range.. but as I said is too loose :slap
The shoulders can move slightly backward and forward.. but again are too loose..... the old FTT ones were far better (perhaps the limitation is due to the rubber covering the plastic??)
However,the hip joints are very stiffed, but due to the tight pants you can,t move the legs forward more than 30 or 35 degrees :slap
(same problem for sideways movement)

Limitations of the body (loose neck and shoulders) can be improve on .... accessing the inner hard plastic (of the upper torso) by separating the rubber skin from it and tighten the screws should solve it.

Great body, you can switch to the old arms, all the limitations is due to clothing...

Undressing is a challenge... but I've not met a HT figure I've not been able to...

Review: New TTF body review. Applies to Jill and Black Widow body.

Arms: Same shoulder socket as previous TTF females, thus compatible should you choose to switch arms, easier to pop these shoulders off. The arms can bend up to about 100 degrees. The elbow joints can easily taken out. It's like an enlarge wrist (or some HT ankle) joints.
Hip joints: Capable of 360 degrees twist only when the legs are move perpendicular to the body (split like, or the stick of the ball joint parallel to the leg). Almost all possible motion of the legs/hip is possible with the new arrangement. The hip socket of leg can completely turned around (as show with the bottom leg, in picture below). 3 screws are used at the upper thighs to holds the rotatable ball socket in-place. The blue box (in pic) shows the what I term "wings attachment to the fringe of the inner pelvis". I removed these "wings" to give the leg articulation more range.
parts1q.jpg

Four screws hold the inner plastic Abdomen section, both ends are ball sockets joints. The top joint which is connected to the ball joint (stick -protruding, unmovable) of the upper torso has a wide range of approximately 45-50 degrees. The bottom ball joint (pic below, left) is actually connected to a short double ball stick (like double ball ankle joints of TT). The outer layer of the abdomen skin is glued to the inner abdomen section at the front and back. I peel back the back part to access the screws to tighten the screws (to make the abs hold firmer) and also allow a little more freedom to the rubber skin. The front rubber abs. part is still attached. (used evilalive's pic, upper torso).
absd.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Pull back to reveal the double ball joint separating of the Abs/Pelvic region. There is not much range here due to the rather short double ball joint and it also being impeded by the rubber skin. You can twist, move forward and backward. Double ball joint (free range motion... I would say 30 degrees off-center at any given position). The front and back of the abdomen being glued to the skin does limit how much you can actually twist the abdomen. It does look realistic some-what by imitating stretching of the abdomen.
waisti.jpg

The balls of the hips. "The Wing" were removed (pic below). The balls covering where "the wings" are supposed to be attached to the hard plastic of inner pelvis.
hips.jpg

Example of articulation range:
art2.jpg

arti1.jpg

arti4.jpg

arti3.jpg

More ebay pics as ref. The thighs sandwiching the rotatable ball socket of the hips
IMG_6255-horz.jpg

Nice review man... you say about of the joints of the arms are compatible, with the old ttp female right?
i know.. are many question of me but a last doubt can it be?

why the ankle pegs are not compatible whith the other ttf ¿?

or i can change the ankle pegs of the doll?

my jill valentine coming in two weeks i need to know thanks

Back