Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QFT:goodpost:

I hate to say it, but you're 100% correct on the above.

But couldn't the hat be lined with something on the inside, to make it look better??

I think you might be able to trim around the inside of the cap to coax a better fit.

At least, I know someone was able to do it for the HT Sarah Connor cap.

CCat313, can you confirm with a solid source to back up your claim that Julia Voth's likeness rights weren't obtained or couldn't be obtained? Talking about likeness rights is a fuzzy discussion because we don't know the details of Voth's contract with Capcom. Why would it be difficult to obtain those likeness rights from either Voth or Capcom? To that end, is it coincidence that the Sheva figure from HT looks nothing like the actress that provided her face and voice for the character in the game? Is that do to likeness rights issues too?

Can't say I have a solid source but I've been following all the talk regarding Jill and Hot Toys on other forums and I've seen it posted that the actress/model Julie Voth didn't want her likeness being made into a toy or that there were issues. Guess I shouldn't say that as a definite reason why the sculpt doesn't look like her but it makes sense because as far as I know:

Jill came way later than the other characters
Other people have read somewhere or heard that Voth didn't want her likeness on a figure
Voth has such a unique look, much more so than the actress Sheva is based on, that they should have gotten it much closer than what they did.
Voth's likeness has been used in more than one game and she or her agency may have demanded more money for her look to be used on other merchandise.

I agree license issues is a slippery slope when you don't get all the facts or confirmation but with what I know that's the basis I'm going by.

The problem in speculating those mysterious other reasons why the headsculpt turned out the way it did is that HT isn't transparent during their development. They've no doubt heard of the many complaints about the Jill headsculpt on their Facebook page and on hobby forums such as this, and they chose not to respond in any way. HT's actions, or lack thereof leaves some people with no choice but to critique the sculptor along with his/her hiring company.

No, I agree with you completely. And in this particular case it's disappointing.

The problem is that HTs FANS are inconsistent...

...Live, Deal, Move on... But you guys wont, you'll STILL buy the figure, b*tch about it some more and wonder why HT never changes... :cuckoo:

I'm not sure I understand what you are really getting at. I can understand feeling frustrated by the varying posts of user reactions on this board. If those users then buy that product, that's really their prerogative to do so. But if you talking about HT changing, then I think you'll find that HT product history is replete with examples of HT trying to improve on themselves at different stages of development.

20100810080214813.jpg

See she looks good here. That right there satisfies in my eyes. So when I have her on my shelf I will be able to look at her without sadness, cause she's fine looking figure.

See she looks good here. That right there satisfies in my eyes. So when I have her on my shelf I will be able to look at her without sadness, cause she's fine looking figure.

Indeed in that pic the sculpt is acceptable. Still not as accurate as I would have liked but acceptable. Anyways, no use moaning about it now I suppose.

^Let's now create a petition for BS Jill!! Just kidding. Hehe. I dont think it's possible. The main character Sheva didnt even have a second version.

^Let's now create a petition for BS Jill!! Just kidding. Hehe. I dont think it's possible. The main character Sheva didnt even have a second version.

Sheva had only 1 main costume in the game and Sheva not popular as Jill :lecture

None of Sheva's other costumes were used in the story either. They were just fun bonuses for the player to unlock. Only reason we got the RPD and STARS figures is because they were main costumes in previous games. :wave

Lack of demand for Jill (as with Sheva).... may limit Jill to a one figure release ...

Well, there is no STARS version of Sheva, so I'm not sure she's the best example. HT released STARS Leon, STARS Wesker, and STARS Chris. It would be almost criminal for them not to do a STARS Jill.

Maybe if enough people complain about the HS, they may consider doing her differently on top of that, although I doubt it.

Back