Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No he's kind of right. In the game scenarios Jill's got this weird look to her at some angles, especially when she's making all sorts of faces. It's been some time since I've seen the CGI scenes in the game but there's sort or too much detailing on her face, if that makes any sense.

No he's kind of right. In the game scenarios Jill's got this weird look to her at some angles, especially when she's making all sorts of faces. It's been some time since I've seen the CGI scenes in the game but there's sort or too much detailing on her face, if that makes any sense.

Maybe for part 5, but if your referring to the character in game as in the jill we saw in the gamecube remake and in the wii game Umbrella Chronicles, you're far mistaken.

You must be on crack!:rotfl

to each their own...
zx12.png

Don't find the game model very attractive... I can see why HT took some liberties on her face.

Maybe for part 5, but if your referring to the character in game as in the jill we saw in the gamecube remake and in the wii game Umbrella Chronicles, you're far mistaken.

Yeah I meant 5. She's okay looking in her other game looks, but REmake has a kinda sluggish look to her but still decent.

Im in for this one, regardless. Now the real quest is making/finding an RE1 or RE3 outfit for her. :naughty

Triad Toys makes or made an RE3 outfit for Jill. The problem would be modding the hair but if you have any sculpting skills, it shouldn't be to hard.

I also will agree in certain frames of Jill in RE5 he face does look kinda funny. When you beat the chapter where you fight her and Wesker, in the pic that displays your ranking, and Chris is holding Jill in his arms, the prfile on her face definately look wierd. Also her face looks funny when Wesker picks her up by her neck in flashback/LIN scene where they confront Wesker

I was in the middle of canceling this but then I struggled and discarded my changes...hrm...someone post more pics please =)

Heh yeah, it's like the Seinfeld episode with the two-faced woman. Must have been some bad lighting on her in those scenes.

Resident Evil 1 Jill's outfit isn't too hard to make. The biggest thing is the shoulderpads and if you have basic sculpting skills you can easily do it. Alll you need to do is make the basic rectangular shapes, mold them to the curvature of the shoulders and then glue on some fabric. Attaching the straps might be trickier, but it's doable. Then all you'd need to do is get the pants, dye a female sized white tee and add a beret and you're good to go from there.

I am hoping the ponytail is removable from the head. It's no loss if I have to cut it off in order to mod it to fit my RE1 Jill custom, but I just like not permanently altering expensive stuff if I can help it.

This is probably the first HT fig I'm glad doesn't look completely accurate. Although, the head sculpt could be a bit more detailed and not so bleh.

She's got a bland or recycled HS. Granted, in some shots the in-game character looked like crap or unattractive compared to this, but in other shots it's the exact opposite.

I'm pretty sure if this thing was 100% accurate we'd get complaints like "why's she so manly" or "she looks dikeish" :lol

overall I'm pleased with her. Now, if I could only get a Chris....

like many of you said, the figure looks decent but its just not Jill. Its a TTF wearing a Jill-like costume.

I don't have Sheva, were her arms this thin?

By the way, I didn't think Sarah Connor looked too thin with her muscle arms, even with her sleeveless outfit...maybe I should swap the bodies, since we know Jill's body does not have double jointed arms so we'd be getting the same posability. Kind of a waste of the jointless arms though, since Jill has sleeves....hm....

Last edited:
What? That's not a recycled HS, that's all new. :/

I think it looks fine considering it is an HS based on a video game character and not a real person. I'm not against people not liking this HS/fig, but I don't really agree with some of the offhand comments about Hayashi Hiroki.

Hiroki-san has done a lot of work outside of Hot Toys that I'm doubting many people have seen (at least based on the comments), including real actor likenesses for resin statue kits. The guy is a talent in his own right...

What? That's not a recycled HS, that's all new. :/

I think it looks fine considering it is an HS based on a video game character and not a real person. I'm not against people not liking this HS/fig, but I don't really agree with some of the offhand comments about Hayashi Hiroki.

Hiroki-san has done a lot of work outside of Hot Toys that I'm doubting many people have seen (at least based on the comments), including real actor likenesses for resin statue kits. The guy is a talent in his own right...

I get a bit frustrated every time someone attempts to defend the head sculpt on the grounds that the character in question is a digital creation or from a video game. First of all, this isn't a video game from the freaking 80's. Secondly, this figure is supposedly meant to replicate a very particular look for Jill in Resident Evil 5, which is a game that features very realistic visuals and near photoreal character renders. Thirdly, Jill's appearance since the RE remake is based on model Julia Voth, so Jill as we've known her for the past decade or so has a real-life counterpart in terms of likeness.

We should expect the sculptor to take into consideration all of the above. He may have done amazing work elsewhere, but going by what I can see of his work in this hobby, I have to say I'm not impressed.

If the wesker figure turned out looking like Vanilla Ice, would you be okay with that?

Back