Hot toys repair.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivaniski

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of a formula to remedy this common problem with some Hot toys figures when they fall to the ground. My son's Hot Toys Superman fell from his table, and the connection/peg broke off (see pics below). I would really try to fix it for him.......Just wanted too see if anyone at Sideshow Freaks had any suggestion,....other then just throw it away. Thanks, Ivaniski

I can fix it for you . I had a Terminator T800 body that had 2 broken legs like that . I used small screws to fix it

Here was my solution... double breakage:
Problem, Broken Hips on Superman TT:
Man of (brittle) plastic.....
broken_superman_body.jpg

Solution:
I believe there are at least 2 different TT hip construction

Old True type that rotation is at the T (crotch) of the pelvis.

and

The newer Adv TT, T800, Odin, Whiplash/Barney_Ross, Supes,
Has the rotation in the ball of the hips. This newer design facilitates repair, just unscrew one screw at the hip ball, crack open the ball, the rolling pin is sandwiched with 3 screws, insert pin (or pins) to bind the 3 (broken) parts together (add super-glue).... reassemble.

Broken parts reattached, I disassemble more than required:
post-5392-1325499189.jpg

I been having Great Luck with Lucite super Glue for Plastic. It comes with activator and glue, strongest stuff i have ever used. I'd add a screw to the thing like Ecko suggests then glue it.
Good Luck

I would buy cheap body (NOT HOT TOYS) and take the lower part only because superman body is different from body around....But Wow, how old is your son?

Back