Hot Toys Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatBrain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted this in the wrong forum before by accident. So obviously they release figures in Hong Kong before anywhere else. But how far in advance? The reason I ask is my wife is headed to HK in Early January and is heading to Toy Hunters for me. I'm just curious if they'll have figures like Joker 2.0 or Thor at that point. Thanks!

Pretty sure Toy Hunters sells out pre-order stage with maybe only a handful of extra for 'in stock.' She probably wouldn't be able to score anything.

Pretty sure Toy Hunters sells out pre-order stage with maybe only a handful of extra for 'in stock.' She probably wouldn't be able to score anything.

:lecture This is the truth.

But don't worry, there are plenty of other options. Alot of stores will carry them if it is released. It usually is around USD$50 bucks mark up from Toy Hunter's price, so more or less same as Sideshow price.

However, at least you won't have to worry about shipping, taxes, and you might get it faster.

Hit Richmond 111, and In's Point. It will have what you want. Look at the below thread for the address. Toy Hunters is located at CTMA, but besides that store, others dont carry HT anymore.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47924

Thank you guys! I will let her know about the other places. She may know them since she's been to HK several times for work. This is just her first time going on a HT mission for me! :)

Another question. Do they carry older releases? Or would it still be just the current ones you would see SS carrying?

Thank you guys! I will let her know about the other places. She may know them since she's been to HK several times for work. This is just her first time going on a HT mission for me! :)

Another question. Do they carry older releases? Or would it still be just the current ones you would see SS carrying?

Yeah... you'll have to look around. I doubt your wife would have the patience to find it. You'd find it if you were there personally.

But yeah... i mean.. you really have to look for it, but theres stuff you'll find.. like as old as the HT Rocky's, or Superman Returns, and even the Appleseed figures. At Richmond 111, theres a place on the 2nd floor that has alot of mint condition HT items. As old as the HT Alien marines up to its most current releases. All of them are wrapped in clear plastic kept in pristine condition.

Depends what you mean by older releases. Pre-Yulli / JC Hong ? Something from 2 years ago? Regardless.. some store in HK will carry it.

As long as you have the money, these places are 1/6 paradise's for figure fans.

If she's passing through Causeway Bay, ask her to stop by Toyzone, 16th floor of the Causeway Bay commercial building, Sugar Street. They have a ton of model kits and collectibles. It's a bit of a haphazard place. Definitely not your average toystore

https://shaunwong.com/2009/toy-shop...building-sugar-street-causeway-bay-hong-kong/

If I were you I'd go in person but if your wife knows collectibles then she may find something you like. Be warned, it's the kind of place you'll walk in for a browse and leave poorer!

Ok my wife is there now and headed to TH tomorrow. I was hoping she could snag Joker or Bane but they can only fulfill POs. any chance other stores in that area may have them or should I tell her not to bother? She only has time to be in the CTMA area on this trip.

Back