Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I love this shelf. :yess:

D701D192-C6F9-480E-9FE2-596B2A27A092.jpg

The size of Leia's helmet is really a strange thing - in the movie it's kinda hard to tell for sure, but appears to be the same size as Luke's (which you'd expect - they'd just be standard rebel soldier helmets that are the same size overall like a military helmet, but with straps tightened for smaller heads) yet HT really does seem to have made Leia's helmet - the upper green "donut" portion I mean - a smaller size.:dunno

I still don't have my Leia version to compare yet, but it does seem like the HT Leia helmet is totally different to the Luke version, beyond the lower "leather" portion being a different sculpt and some unique inserted dents on the donut.

Yeah thanks for the great shot and inspiration ST1138 !

I had something like this in mind for mine when I get Leia + Wicket. Nice to see what it could potentially look like [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Hoody and SSM, I?ve been waiting to put them both on the bike since they were announced.

I wasn?t sure exactly what to do with the Scout, I?d love to get another bike at some point but just hard to swallow another $300+ for one.

Here are a couple more shots after making some small adjustments:

6ab0f7b5127442810ff52268fdd7ab69.jpg
29e8e8fe7b3211b895f5f68e8a11235b.jpg

Got a shipping notic...... oh my God, that carbon freezing chamber is freaking awesome!!! :love

Thanks DR, the Chamber is the fine work of JazzInc so gotta give credit where credit is due! Definitely one of the highlights of my collection.

Well not sure if it really turned out that well, but I took a shot at giving her some messier hair with magic sculpt, just to change things up a bit more from my other Leia figures. It should probably look a bit looser and messier, but I still needed to keep it tight enough to the head so I could put the helmet on, which surprisingly I can.

I also lightened the hair overall, and gave her some rosier cheeks, darker eyeliner and pinker lips like she had in the movie.

20200820_183901 (2).jpg

20200820_190905 (2).jpg

20200820_185817 (2).jpg

20200820_190039 (2).jpg

20200820_191449 (2).jpg

That looks great, davejames. You just keep getting better and better.

I'm torn though, as I like her better with helmet on. Completes the look for me.

Also, how'd you get more rust out of Wicket's hood? Best I've seen it look. Did you scrub it clean... or add paint?

That looks great, davejames. You just keep getting better and better.

I'm torn though, as I like her better with helmet on. Completes the look for me.

Also, how'd you get more rust out of Wicket's hood? Best I've seen it look. Did you scrub it clean... or add paint?

Ha yeah I'm the same way. I've always preferred her with the helmet on anyway, so not really sure why I went through the trouble. :lol But I guess that also made it seem like less of a risk, since I can always go back to my favorite look later on.

As for Wicket, I just lightened up the hood with chalk pastel. And I also darkened his fur a bit too and tried to vary it up a little more.

20200820_183636 (3).jpg

Can only display a small amount since all the rooms are taken up at home. Adulting. Here?s 10% of my collection of figures.

717152df54c97691baacd8895e8dae6a.jpg

Well done on those sculpt mods. Both figures look great, DaveJames!
Was it you who touched up the Tarkin sculpt a while back?

Ha yeah I'm the same way. I've always preferred her with the helmet on anyway, so not really sure why I went through the trouble. :lol But I guess that also made it seem like less of a risk, since I can always go back to my favorite look later on.

As for Wicket, I just lightened up the hood with chalk pastel. And I also darkened his fur a bit too and tried to vary it up a little more.

View attachment 493619

Wicket looks fantastic here!

View attachment 493619

It all came out great.

Maybe you can use your hairpiece on Hoth/Bespin Leia if you go helmet on Endor.

Can only display a small amount since all the rooms are taken up at home. Adulting. Here?s 10% of my collection of figures.

717152df54c97691baacd8895e8dae6a.jpg

Very nice display. I'm so jealous of...Simplicity.

Very nice display. I'm so jealous of...Simplicity.

I seem to see this sentiment quite a bit, but i just can't get on board.

This stuff shouldn't rule your life, but nothing wrong with a designated chaotic space filled with tons of cool/obnoxious toys. If serene is what collectors were going for they would stop buying at eight or so figures or maybe just a couple statues. More often than not when you see a minimalist display it's based on limitations of what available space currently allows. The rest of that particular collector's stuff is boxed up in the attic.

Back