Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get a chance to compare the Luke and Leia helmets to see if they are any different other than the lower leather/fabric portion? In some pics it looks like the "donut" and upper parts are the same size in others they seem different.

I'll have a closer look this weekend when I take a few more pics.

I parted ways with BBTS for Hot Toys figures. They seem to be one of the last places in the U.S. to receive their shipment.
And not to mention, they are now overpricing them.

Yup. Along with the NRD, the place has become a joke. And they are charging tax now too (I know most are) but with the upcharge AND TAX? AND SHIPPING? Flat Rate $4 takes forever too.

I used to use them all the time because UPS shipping Id have it the next day. Tried $4 shipping one time and took longer that had it shipped from CA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone else still waiting on the set from BBTS? It's been in stock at Sideshow and some other US vendors for a bit now.

Im waiting on this as well. I may end up cancelling if I can find a good deal shipped.

No, the last few ones have been about 15 bucks higher than other retailers. Cable on Sideshow is $270, BBTS has it for $285. Newest Wonder Woman is $270 on BBTS, Sideshow is at $255. Just a couple of recent examples. Maybe they are making up for the $4 shipping?

Damn, had no idea. Thanks for the info.

All riiiight... here ya go, 80s Wicket nostalgia restored:

tumblr_nfhp4sQ01F1rah2s8o1_400.gif

Maybe NBC just booked old school 80s Wicket for that Halloween special after all.:dunno:rotfl

You're an evil, wicked person:rotfl

Anyone know where to get the set for cheaper than Sideshow shipped to US? If not I’ll just wait at BBTS.

Got my Leia and Wicket set yesterday from Alter Ego, my first order with them and I think I will start using them more going forward. Happy overall with the set and in hand the color of the white fur on Wicket is perfectly fine for me. The issue I do have that is driving me kinda crazy is that his ears are clearly two completely different sizes. You can really tell with the hood off. I have gone back and watched some reviews and looked at some pictures and it seems like most of them are like that to varying degrees, but it is just really bugging me because it is taking a ton of futzing with the hood just to make it look like he has two ears sticking out at all. Also, I know everyone is saying this Leia sculpt/paint is slightly better looking than the Hoth Leia, but for whatever reason this new version looks even more dead-eyed and doll-like to me in person than my Hoth version. It might be the glossiness of the lips. Oh well. It was also a total pain to get the belt attached through her poncho.
dc903ec1e42ec174088a168425e7c355.jpg

26dd2dadb5ff211748f917303804e39b.jpg

543076835ac18fda27344e79c61c6e3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it easy to remove the hood? The manual said not too, so I wasn't sure if it was stitched.

I didn't compare them side by side, but I like this Leia better than Hoth. Once I move I'll be able to finally unbox everything and compare.

To me the "best" HT Leias are the ones where they came out of the mold a little more rounder in the face. Some, maybe just in the way they cooled, came out thinner in the face than others. I've got three variants of this head (another on the way) and there are slight variations.

The super dark hair is also a problem - combined with the very red lips she often looks like an Italian woman at a Rome cafe for some reason. Leia's hair is more a medium brown than almost black.

To me the "best" HT Leias are the ones where they came out of the mold a little more rounder in the face. Some, maybe just in the way they cooled, came out thinner in the face than others. I've got three variants of this head (another on the way) and there are slight variations.

The super dark hair is also a problem - combined with the very red lips she often looks like an Italian woman at a Rome cafe for some reason. Leia's hair is more a medium brown than almost black.

I would love to see a pic of all three of those heads next to each other for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - Wicket's right ear is too small. Leia's hair is too dark - but then I think that Hot Toys paints the hair too dark on most Star Wars figures. I also notice on most Endor Leias (including mine) that her eyes are a bit uneven - there is more white showing under the pupil of her right eye. Not a biggie IMO, but noticeable. I still love this set though :)

I agree - Wicket's right ear is too small. Leia's hair is too dark - but then I think that Hot Toys paints the hair too dark on most Star Wars figures. I also notice on most Endor Leias (including mine) that her eyes are a bit uneven - there is more white showing under the pupil of her right eye. Not a biggie IMO, but noticeable. I still love this set though :)

That's weird. I have two Endor Leia figures, and neither of them have uneven eyes.

Just got Wicket solo, no Leia. Love the poseability of this figure, but I need to weather his hood with sandpaper for a bit more of an authentic look. Ha-Chaaaa!

im considering the Leia Endor figure, but I might get her a Phicen Body I hate those elbow joints.

I just preordered the suntan version of this upcoming body that looks like it could work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163814747015?ViewItem=&item=163814747015

Just got Wicket solo, no Leia. Love the poseability of this figure, but I need to weather his hood with sandpaper for a bit more of an authentic look. Ha-Chaaaa!

Wicket Solo, no Leia, sounds kind of weird - maybe Han had been to Endor a few years earlier.:dunno And maybe Wicket was in fact trying to tell Leia something shocking.:horror:lol

Back