1/6 Hot Toys Predator/AvP/Predators line: Mintness?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM1D

Super Freak
Reaction score
New to Hot Toys, and this forum (hi!), I was wondering one thing:

When you get a HT predator mint in its sealed shipper, what should you expect once you open it?

The reason I ask is because I just got a sealed shipper HT classic predator, and it turned out the shipper had been re-sealed. The retail box was sealed though, and the figure, once opened, smelled new. But it (the retail box) was not inside a soft plastic enclosure as I've seen in some unboxings online...

What I want to know is; when you get a sealed (never opened) "shippered" HT predator, do you remember what you saw when you opened it? Was the retail box inside plastic, inside the shipper?

And is it easy to remove seals on the retail package and apply an own fresh one? In the future, I want to make sure I get previously totally untouched figures.

Thanks in advance to whomever might know.

PS. If you, or anyone you know is selling a sealed shipper City Hunter 2.0, I'm interested.

Ive got the AvP scar pred and it was sealed and had a soft plastic bag around the box.. The classic pred is a few years old, so that could be why there was no bag over it. Ive only been collecting for two years so I don't know how hot toys packaged earlier figures.. Welcome to the forum..

If you got it from e-bay they seam to always take it out of the shipper and out of the bag to take pictures of them. but normally always place it back in the bag and straight back into the shipper box and reseal. it's normal easy to see if they opened the actual box for the figure. it will be hard to find one that the shipper was not opened on, do to people checking the condition of the actual product box. city hunter is an awesome figure. if you have any questions about them i have them all and am always willing to help out.

Metatron, thanks man. Yeah, it's that plastic "bag" I'm thinking about. It covers the retail package fully, almost like the plastic on blurays and games etc. Mine didn't have it, but the retail box was sealed. Now, I tried to peel the seal off and managed fairly easily without leaving any marks. Just to see if it's possible to remove the seal, to later on attach new ones which I'm sure are easy to acquire.

Ultimately, the smell don't lie. Haha, I don't know if it's just me, but I just love the scent of newness.

Bloodyedge, mate, these bad boys are addictive. I just got my first HT pred last week, and ever since I've been on the hunt for the next one. Which one's your favourite? And how do you get them? I want to get the City Hunter (second release) next, and then the Berserker. Maybe Elder 2.0 after that. As you can probably tell, newness is a major factor for me, and so, where would you suggest getting these from without shelving out $300+ each?

Man I wish I knew about these bad boys, and this culture earlier. Like, when these were released. I would be ALL over all of them. Any news on what's to come in predator way outside of the Play Arts Kai one? When is the next Hot Toys and Neca releases expected?

Fistbumps for both of you.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, the dreads, I posted a question about them in the HT classic pred forum but maybe I can ask you. I was wondering, since the dreads are made of the kind of plastic that might deteriorate/harden/dry out with time, Is it a good idea to balm them with synthetic or biotic fat? Basically, is it a good idea to balm those bad boys for longevity?

WHAT is this thread about. smell, addiction, inner culture.

marijuana-300x297.jpg

WHAT is this thread about. smell, addiction, inner culture.

All of the above.
If you know what I mean.jpg

By the way, P, I noticed in the TD custom mask thread that you have a keen eye about predetails. Which predators do you reckon are the ones truest to their film counterparts? Both from HT and any other brand. Also, if you have any input regarding the mintness plastic sheet/bag, It'd be awesome.

Which predators do you reckon are the ones truest to their film counterparts?
"guardian predator" has a perfect shoulder strap and gas breather for P2, they are really 90 or 100% copies of movie variants (unlike what came with "city hunter" set).
all the rest is completely out of shape, color, surface and proportions :)
as for mintness, i never cared about that if a figure is not broken. i even like it when a seller checks the figure. it's impossible for me to return anything, so...

I like them all but if i had to pick my top 3 i would say #1) Celtic 2.0 #2) Elder 2.0 #3) Ancient Predator. city hunter is an awesome figure tho, close 3rd. I would say celtic or ancient are very comparable with one another. so city could be 3rd :p i have gotten them from sideshow and ebay. but there are many other trustworthy avenues to acquire them. out of the super predators i would say i like Tracker more than Berserker or Falconer. tho you cant remove the Bio-Mask :( but i just relay like the all around look, but all 3 are probably my least favorite. i have had good luck in the past just talking with sellers on ebay. getting up to 100$ off there asking because there looking to move them. And if it sounds janky it most likely is.

some good places to look.

BigBadToyStore.com Search

https://secure.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=predator&x=0&y=0

Results for predator - Search Results | Sideshow Collectibles

Collectable Kitbash 1:6 Scale Military,Movie & Sci-Fi

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop]

there are more but i have Purchased with these sites in the past and have had zero problems.

they all have there inaccuracies but all look great. the older ones look very dated tho, but do have the best articulation. some people are crazy nitpickers but i like them for what they are and have always been able to get them to look good with a little futzing. im really looking forward to chopper 2.0 and wolf 2.0 If they dont make them i will be very angry... and i will send them an angry letter. explaining how angry am with them :p haha

Yeah. Looking forward to Jungle Hunter 2.0, Chopper 2.0, and Wolf 2.0 also. It's strange that we don't know what is coming next or if anything is coming at all. I think there has been at least 2 or more preds released every year since 2006, but 2015 is starting to look like it might be the first year with no predator releases.

I like them all but if i had to pick my top 3 i would say #1) Celtic 2.0 #2) Elder 2.0 #3) Ancient Predator. city hunter is an awesome figure tho, close 3rd. I would say celtic or ancient are very comparable with one another. so city could be 3rd :p i have gotten them from sideshow and ebay. but there are many other trustworthy avenues to acquire them. out of the super predators i would say i like Tracker more than Berserker or Falconer. tho you cant remove the Bio-Mask :( but i just relay like the all around look, but all 3 are probably my least favorite. i have had good luck in the past just talking with sellers on ebay. getting up to 100$ off there asking because there looking to move them. And if it sounds janky it most likely is.

some good places to look.

BigBadToyStore.com Search

https://secure.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=predator&x=0&y=0

Results for predator - Search Results | Sideshow Collectibles

Collectable Kitbash 1:6 Scale Military,Movie & Sci-Fi

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop]

there are more but i have Purchased with these sites in the past and have had zero problems.

Thanks, mate! I really appreciate it. I'd also sign your letter if you'd ever turn into a petition...

Yeah. Looking forward to Jungle Hunter 2.0, Chopper 2.0, and Wolf 2.0 also. It's strange that we don't know what is coming next or if anything is coming at all. I think there has been at least 2 or more preds released every year since 2006, but 2015 is starting to look like it might be the first year with no predator releases.

Ah, so I got hooked on this during dry season? A Jungle Hunter 2.0 announcement would make me proclaim instant national holiday. For at least two, maybe three days.

Back