hot toys pred 1 problem!help??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfbaked1969

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hi all! i recently purchased this figure and what a nice figure it is,only i have a small issue with his left knee joint which isnt connecting properly with the lower shin part.the pin will push into the shin joint but upon moving will pop up so his leg is longer:( it does stay in place slightly but disconnects with any proper movement. i bought from ebay so realise hot toys wont help and its really not a massive issue,but has anyone with a bit of know how with these figures have any tips to making the joint hopefully stay in place without using glue as i dont want to go that way if i can help it.i thought maybe placing the knee joint in hot water to try to separate the two plastic prongs which would usually snap this joint into place.is this a realistic solution but wont try until i hopefully gain some info first:dunno:lol.thanks for wading through my essay:)

You can try the hot water technique if there's nothing cracked or broken. Mine came with a loose knee too but I just popped it in place. I just pushed in the leg with little force until it clicked. I think the factory worker just didn't push it in properly.

My P1 had the same issue. The reason was that his lower leg wasn't all the way in place. Are you sure yours is pushed up all the way? If it is, I'd recommend picking up some teflon Plumber's tape and wrapping the stem a few times to make the end thicker then try it.

Yea just use the blow dryer on the knee and soften it up a bit then pop it into place all the way in. Should be an easy fix.

wow i wonder why hot toys has it in for his left leg:rotfl i havent forced the joint in as hard as i can but i have noticed a click when it does come loose,do you think it is worth me trying to force it a bit more,only it looks like the past owner has tried"although forgot to mention prior to sale:gah:.luckily there are no cracks,splits or any damage.i will try to put more force,if not then i feel wrapping the joint to make a snugger fit to be the best way to go.do hot toys sell these joints separetly at all?anyway thanks again and il get to it now and let you know how it goes:pray::wave:peace

wow i wonder why hot toys has it in for his left leg:rotfl i havent forced the joint in as hard as i can but i have noticed a click when it does come loose,do you think it is worth me trying to force it a bit more,only it looks like the past owner has tried"although forgot to mention prior to sale:gah:.luckily there are no cracks,splits or any damage.i will try to put more force,if not then i feel wrapping the joint to make a snugger fit to be the best way to go.do hot toys sell these joints separetly at all?anyway thanks again and il get to it now and let you know how it goes:pray::wave:peace

Again bud, if trying to push it in a smidge harder doesn't work, try the teflon tape trick. HotToys has some of the worst customer service in the industry so going through them is a nightmare.

Again bud, if trying to push it in a smidge harder doesn't work, try the teflon tape trick. HotToys has some of the worst customer service in the industry so going through them is a nightmare.
the hair drier method worked first time,when it went soft i carefully parted the two prongs that clip it into place,waited for it to cool right down and hey presto no more wonky leg:hi5: on a side note have others had a problem with the plasma cannon wire not being attached to the weapon stem.just curious as mine was detached but very very easy issue if you can call it that.anyway thanks again for your comments and cures,it has helped:yess:

the hair drier method worked first time,when it went soft i carefully parted the two prongs that clip it into place,waited for it to cool right down and hey presto no more wonky leg:hi5: on a side note have others had a problem with the plasma cannon wire not being attached to the weapon stem.just curious as mine was detached but very very easy issue if you can call it that.anyway thanks again for your comments and cures,it has helped:yess:

A lot of people have had that wire problem. I just dabbed some super glue on the tip and stuck it back into the hole. Never had any problems since. And awesome news on fixing the knee. This is what these threads are for. We're here to help each other out. :hi5:

2 words:

ADHESIVE /TEFLON TAPE

Use the tape arround the pin joint,and then attach it to the shin.. That,s all you need, because it works!!

I think you got sold a bad one and I will take it off your hands if you want:)
Only kidding:) But do want this figure alot but not for the silly prices its going for,how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Back