Hot Toys Power of the Darkside exhibit..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would really liked to have seen HT include Savage Opress, Darth Talon and Asajj Ventress as part of this collection. Part of the reason could be due to it being cheaper and easier to produce helmeted character, even though actor likeness wouldn’t be an issue for any of these.
Literally all I wanted.

Starkiller and the torture droids are a good consolation prize for me.

The thing is they don’t have a standard line price they have to make fit a certain sku like Hasbro might. For those Hasbro relies on the smaller Jawas and Ewoks to balance the bigger figures like Vader or Chewie. So having additional costs for headsculpts shouldn’t be a concern for them. We’re paying those costs ultimately, not them.

The main reason I was thrilled for Thrawn to show up on Ahsoka was because of the merch potential. There’s been like 3 Thrawn figures in 30 years. So many EU and new canon literature characters that haven’t had decent representation yet. The best bet of any of them getting a figure from Hot Toys or anyone else is to show up in live action at this point. Thrawn may not have had the best showing yet, but if nothing else we’ll at least have a figure that can represent his EU exploits.

Back