Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WILD! I have a ton of photos a buddy took for when he got the old 1/12 kit years ago! And they all look JUST LIKE THESE!
Great info MF! Those are perfect! Just don't do as much rust...
But that is a great souce of ideas!

Ya, rust isn't really appropriate for equipment on board a space vessel, more so the peeling of paint and the oil stains and all. What amazes me is how great the chrome looks and the yellow areas get beat to hell.

Great reference shots, Sean! Thanks for posting them. The tiny scratches and chipped paint are especially useful. Lots of nice oily grime, too. I really like how all the weathering and dirt contrasts with the bright shiny wear on the actuator rods. Looks pretty cold where you are, btw. No fun digging in frozen earth!

Great reference shots, Sean! Thanks for posting them. The tiny scratches and chipped paint are especially useful. Lots of nice oily grime, too. I really like how all the weathering and dirt contrasts with the bright shiny wear on the actuator rods. Looks pretty cold where you are, btw. No fun digging in frozen earth!

Thanks. It's not too bad, New England weather's more erratic than ever this year, cold and snowy last night, fairly warm and already melting today, Thanksgiving was 70 degrees, very uncharacteristic. Oh well what can you do. I'm just glad I had this chance, it's very helpful. I just walked by the window one morning while it was out there and thought to myself, heyyyy, Power Loader, so I snapped some shots before they're done and haul it away.

Thanks. It's not too bad, New England weather's more erratic than ever this year, cold and snowy last night, fairly warm and already melting today, Thanksgiving was 70 degrees, very uncharacteristic. Oh well what can you do. I'm just glad I had this chance, it's very helpful. I just walked by the window one morning while it was out there and thought to myself, heyyyy, Power Loader, so I snapped some shots before they're done and haul it away.

I know what you mean about the goofy weather these days. Seems to be going on everywhere. It was a good thing you had the Cat there to take pics of. I used to paint lots of model tanks and other armoured vehicles, so I used to go out with my camera to construction sites and parking lots for construction equipment to collect reference pics like the ones you took. Very helpful for making outdoor vehicles look real. I used to have a blast modeling all the rust, caked mud and splattered filth on them. As you said, the Loaders wouldn't get that kind of extreme weathering inside the cargo bay of a spaceship, but the signs of wear and oily grime would definitely help give it a realistic used look.

just got my power loader this friday and put it together. This is one huge figure, I think the only other thing I have bigger than this is the ultimate iron giant. that said, I dont think the power loader is worth the $250 asking price and it is a good decision from HT to include the Ripley figure. There are touches of cheapness to it that when compared to a cheaper gundam PG kit (since HT calls PL a model kit) it pales in quality and engineering. simply put, it's the best power loader made to date and quite possibly the only one we'll ever see in a long long time, and it's a good starting point to customize and repaint to make a killer PL, but straight outta the box, it doesn't deliver that "I am worth $250" feel.

just got my power loader this friday and put it together. This is one huge figure, I think the only other thing I have bigger than this is the ultimate iron giant. that said, I dont think the power loader is worth the $250 asking price and it is a good decision from HT to include the Ripley figure. There are touches of cheapness to it that when compared to a cheaper gundam PG kit (since HT calls PL a model kit) it pales in quality and engineering. simply put, it's the best power loader made to date and quite possibly the only one we'll ever see in a long long time, and it's a good starting point to customize and repaint to make a killer PL, but straight outta the box, it doesn't deliver that "I am worth $250" feel.
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

In the UK prices for the Power Loader are ridiculous, around $400 at most places. Some ebay UK sellers have a BIN price of $480!!!! Figures of all types are so much more expensive over here that it really makes collecting prohibative to me, hence the reason I only have 2 figures so far. I was looking at prices for a Medicom Boba Fett as gift from the girlfriend for Xmas and I could expect to pay around £125 which is about $250!!!! Suffice to say I'l be getting cheap aftershave and a pair of novelty socks instead :lol

In the UK prices for the Power Loader are ridiculous, around $400 at most places. Some ebay UK sellers have a BIN price of $480!!!! Figures of all types are so much more expensive over here that it really makes collecting prohibative to me, hence the reason I only have 2 figures so far. I was looking at prices for a Medicom Boba Fett as gift from the girlfriend for Xmas and I could expect to pay around £125 which is about $250!!!! Suffice to say I'l be getting cheap aftershave and a pair of novelty socks instead :lol

are shipping prices to the UK very high if you purchase them off hong kong sellers on ebay?

Direct ordering from HK rocks, the items are damn cheap and the shipping is awesome also! Way cheaper for me than sideshow

Same here. I still like to get Sideshow's stuff directly from the source, but Hong Kong is so much closer to here and shipping anything from the states is a real killer. Thanks again Jamal, for giving me the link to abc-express. :cool:

sounds like you should take advantage of the weak dollar. might be cheaper for you to get it in the US and shipped over.

Shipping from HK is usually very fair, and as Eagle said all the traders I use ship super fast. I find some Singapore traders tend to get stuff even earlier sometimes and they are likewise always great at comunicating and ship stuff super fast too. Far East direct ordering is definetly the way to go if you're UK bassed. You get stuff weeks before they land with SST and UK distributors and the strong pound means it's like half you'd pay if you waited and got it from an importer.
:chew

Yeah I have considered buying from the Far East but the sheer size of the PL box leaves me wondering about shipping expense not to mention UK custom charges and the carriers "handling" fee" :rolleyes::monkey2

Cheap aftershave and a pair of novelty socks doesn't sound so bad to me. Could be worse: you could be getting cheap smelly socks... :D

My Boba Fett, ordered from SSC: around $220
My PL (arrived today), ordered from SSC: $341

So, yes, ordering from Sideshow definitely costs a bit (and takes a looooooong time), but as you see, most European sellers charge that price, and add a little something on top. Ordering from Asia might be cheaper, but how do those dealers handle returns? I've had some issues with items I received from Sideshow before, but Sideshow has always helped me satisfactory and free of charge.
Besides the collectibles perhaps, the best part about Sideshow, is their customer service. Especially the people from the European department, from my point of view. :D

Last edited:
Guys, I'll post a vid soon, promise. Been incredibly busy, PLUS had ISP meltdown three of the last Business days... not fun. :monkey2

Anyway, soon, before I head out of town for the Holidaze. :cool:

Back