Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I tried unscrewing every screw in that part of it see if I could get a look inside and it won't pull away without feeling like it's going to break something more.

Take the batteries out and try a blast with the hairblower. A little heat solves a lot of problems. Might be a warp in the plastic. Can't hurt, right?

Take the batteries out and try a blast with the hairblower. A little heat solves a lot of problems. Might be a warp in the plastic. Can't hurt, right?

Certainly couldn't, thanks for the tips. It's 1am here so that'll have to wait. One way or another I know it'll be resolved, I was just hoping to make some images with it. Oh well, at least I have Bespin Luke too :)

Well, here comes some pictures from me of my new power loader and where I set it up in the middle of my marines on top of my computer desk...

MikesALIENSCollectionfrontmorelight.jpg

MikesALIENScollectionwithPLpic2.jpg

Here's some pictures of the big box it came in...

powerloadershippingbox.jpg

It looks like Hot Toys packed 2 power loaders per box! I bet that was a tight fit!

PLshippingboxside.jpg

...and the shipping box and display box together....

PLboxestogether.jpg

various pictures of the power loader...

powerloaderbackhoses.jpg

PLtopdowncenterfrontview.jpg

Ripleywthcagelighton.jpg

A picture of Les Walker's cool business card he sent me after doing the "leg surgery" on my Ripley figure...

LesWalkerfiguremastercard.jpg

Overall I am very happy with the power loader! I have seen recent posts about problems with the siren. Mine seems pretty dim too. The cockpit light on Ripley's face seems much brighter than the siren on the top of the power loader. I wish there was just no sound at all with the siren light instead of the "grinding" sound it makes. But I've heard that is due to the small motor that makes the siren light go around in a circle. So, that's okay with me I guess. I still plan on repainting some of Ripley's head, and possibly adding some more dirt and sweat details to her clothing.

I am VERY happy to finally have a HUGE Hot Toys display piece I can be proud of! I think it looks great amoung my other marines! Now I gotta finish my custom Newt, and Cpl. Dietrich so I can stand them with the group of marines and the power loader on top of my computer desk. :D

Last edited:
Absolutely bad ass! I love the Power Loader, what a perfect product. Went together so easy. Not a bad thing to say about it. SUPER possible, HUGE, and just kick ass.

Ripley is great, love the new paint apps.

What else can I say, Hot Toys did an amazing jog here.

I agree with you completely King Darkness! I absolutely love mine too! I just wanna do a little repainting on my PL Ripley like Les and some other board members are doing with theirs.

The power loader is worth every penny I saved up and spent on it! :D

As much as I love this thing, the more I look at it, the more I realize that the scale is really off.

It's not big enough. Totally understandable though. It is already really big. If it were to exact scale, it would be gigantic :google

As much as I love this thing, the more I look at it, the more I realize that the scale is really off.

It's not big enough. Totally understandable though. It is already really big. If it were to exact scale, it would be gigantic :google

Thats what I was saying on the last page! I think the scale is off....it's not a big issue to me, but it isn't true-to-scale size.

well...actually looking at some movie photos...maybe it is correct to scale.

I'm curious why people think it's out of scale, it's massive as a collectible, but the film prop wasn't enourmous, I think if it were any bigger it would have been nearly impossible to operate it as well as they were able to. It was basically built big enough that an operator could stand inside behind Sigourney and run the electronics while she acts.

I'm curious why people think it's out of scale, it's massive as a collectible, but the film prop wasn't enourmous, I think if it were any bigger it would have been nearly impossible to operate it as well as they were able to. It was basically built big enough that an operator could stand inside behind Sigourney and run the electronics while she acts.

To me it actually seems that certain parts of it are not to scale. It's mostly the arms. The legs and torso seem pretty much to scale. The arms don't seem long enough to me.

I'll have to watch the movie again and take a closer look.

It seems to be the correct scaled size to me. I have it next to my other marines, and it looks to be just about right. :D

they did the same with Ed-209 which was underscale too. Nothing wrong with it, if it means people get really cool toys to collect for a (semi) decent price.

I question the reference to scale here. I know for a fact that the Powerloader was partly worked by having a large man inside of it, and that Sigourney Weaver actually sort of sat on his lap area, as it were, so the crew would play jokes on her and put stuff where the guy's crotch would be, so she would think "something funny" :naughty was going on behind her. :lol

My point being, if the PL was that much larger, a man and Sig wouldn't be able to work in tandem within the parts. I think it's scaled pretty closely.
It looks larger on film due to the fact that camera angles and low positioning, made it look much larger in the viewer's minds eye.

Look at the dimensions. She is standing almost three feet off the floor, scalewise, on our PLs. That is about right.
When I held that piece of the grip claw at Bob Burns house, it was about the size of the one on the toy, scalewise.
The belts, rollcage, and other parts, are about right to my eye.

And remember, Sigourney is 6 feet tall. Taller than many men. That makes her large in that rig, as she was. Again, scale.
The arms can't navigate too far out of her reach, again, scale.
Much larger and it would have been too cumbersome even as a prop.

The antenna on top only were there to serve as camoflauge for the two wires that were attached to a crane rig that held the whole thing up in the first place.

So, other than being proven wrong by seeing a good shot of this side by side with the actual one from the movie, (Calling WorGar!) I believe it is close.
That's just my humble Op. :D

One more point: Again, at Bob Burns, the Queen's head, the actual one used in ALIENS, which I have seen and touched, was actually, dare I say this, SMALLER than I would have thought. It is huge yes, but not as large as I imagined. Camera angles do amazing things! Think about that.

ADDED:
Look at these two shots:

Mine
comp1.jpg

The real one:
comp2.jpg

Mannequin's odd, and VERY skinny, and the pose of the real PL is strange and awkward, but the dimensions look about the same to me. If anything, the real one looks thinner in some ways.

Last edited:
Les, where'd you find that picture of the real power loader? Is it in that guy's collection whose name is on the picture...Robert Kerton? I also see what appears to be weapons props and an alien egg from the movie to the left of that PL?! On the right it looks like it's a prop model of the queen alien. I'm just curious about it. I do have some video of prop models of the power loader and alien queen from my visit to Planet Hollywood restaurant in Orlando, FL back in 1995! I"ll have to dig that out and try to upload it to here if I can! They were hanging from a corner in the ceiling of Planet Hollywood while we were there. Very cool! :D

Last edited:
Les, where'd you find that picture of the real power loader? Is it in that guy's collection whose name is on the picture...Robert Kerton? I also see what appears to be weapons props and an alien egg from the movie to the left of that PL?! On the right it looks like it's a prop model of the queen alien. I'm just curious about it. I do have some video of prop models of the power loader and alien queen from my visit to Planet Hollywood restaurant in Orlando, FL back in 1995! I"ll have to dig that out and try to upload it to here if I can! They were hanging from a corner in the ceiling of Planet Hollywood while we were there. Very cool! :D

My previous post had a direct link to the entire site.

I have to say that I am drunk right now and just admiring the Power Loader and it's awesomeness. Probably the best and my most favorite thing I own right now. I had misspelled many words in this post but my OCD made me go back and correct them. :lol Seriously- I love this thing!:D

So, other than being proven wrong by seeing a good shot of this side by side with the actual one from the movie, (Calling WorGar!) I believe it is close.

Ask and you shall recieve. Except with girls.

I believe you are correct about the scale:

PLcompare.jpg

The head placement doesn't match ONLY because the real pic is shot from a low vantage while the HT PL is shot from a slightly higher vantage, so you have to conceptualize a little 3D movement in your head...

Height-wise, pretty dead on. Of course, there are aspects that are exaggerated since this is a working, functional "toy"... but this is as close as you'll get outside of an exact model.

Ask and you shall recieve. Except with girls.

I believe you are correct about the scale:

PLcompare.jpg

Thanks WG! That settles that. :lol
I have to say that I am drunk right now and just admiring the Power Loader and it's awesomeness. Probably the best and my most favorite thing I own right now. I had misspelled many words in this post but my OCD made me go back and correct them. :lol Seriously- I love this thing!:D

It is comments like this that only contribute further to the Legendary Status this piece holds.

There are very few True Grail Pieces. This is One.

Back