Hot Toys or Kotobukiya Iron man?...Need abvice guys..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok I need some advice guys...I don't know what to do, get the Koto or Hot Toys Iron Man...I was leaning towards the koto version...but after again seeing some nice pics of the Hot Toys one, im really leaning towards pre-ordering that one...but now I heard that Sideshow is going to be coming out with more Iron Man stuff in the next six months...and I dont want to get one of these and find out Sideshow comes out with a PF Iron Man which I would jump all over...So give me all the advice you can guys...Should I get the koto version, Hot Toys or wait to see if sideshow comes out with a PF?, if they ever do...Thanks for hearing me out guys...

I would go with the Hot Toys version simply because its not static and the posing options no matter how limited are always more than none. Not to mention the addition of a Stark sculpt means you can kitbash a figure of him to go with with very little money at all past that. If SSC offered a film inspired Comiquette it would ship no earlier than Q1 2009 IMHO. That's plenty of time to budget both and if you book with SSC direct you can always cancel the HT if the other tickles your fancy.

i did the same also i got the sideshow hot toy cause of the close up shots.

Having seen both the HT and Koto Iron Men, I have to say the HT version is superior. While the Koto one is very nice, there is just something lacking in it and to me the HT version is the one to have. Poseability, alternate head and a light up feature make it the clear choice for me.

I'm getting both, but if I had to do it all over again, then I would just get the HT Version.

Hot Toys all the way. After seeing the base at SDCC 08 I canceled the Koto Iron Man I had on preorder. Base makes it look kinda cheap.

A thought, can you really compare a fine art statue meant to capture one pose to a 12" figure you can play with? I want the koto piece because it is that perfect IM pose and I want the Ht so i can pose him in a cool pose with his flaps open. BTW HT IM wil by my first doll, arn't you so proud of me?

I'm leaning towards the Koto, but haven't pre-ordered yet. Just seems like a classier display piece from the pics IMO (though I didn't see it in person so I could be wrong).

I would get the HT, but fear of the fragile plastic parts is keeping me at bay.

The Koto has the light up feature as well btw.

...then again, I may just stick to comic-styled styled statues and pass on a movie version Iron Man altogether :lol :lol :lol

A thought, can you really compare a fine art statue meant to capture one pose to a 12" figure you can play with? I want the koto piece because it is that perfect IM pose and I want the Ht so i can pose him in a cool pose with his flaps open. BTW HT IM wil by my first doll, arn't you so proud of me?

Don't listen to Jesse, he's a sick man. He has confessed that he just wanted to see whats under Ironman's flaps. :monkey1

hottoy.gif

I had the Koto preordered initially, but after seeing both at Comic-Con I immediately cancelled the Koto and preordered the HT figure.

The HT just looks incredible, even in person and up close. The Koto, though - to me, anyway - looked unremarkable, a bit plasticy and cheap.

I say WAIT for Sideshow. You can always buy Koto or HT anyday...probably cheaper on eBay as well.

Well guys I broke down and pre-ordered the HT version :D...I had to after seeing the pics and taking in all the comments and also didn't want to take the chance of missing out and this in case SS never came out with a maquette or PF...and if by chance SS does come out with something later on, I can cancel this or if i have it in my hands by then, I can always sell my HT...but im happy with my decision...Thanks guys for all the advice, but by all means keep the conversation going if you want....

I love both...But I ordered the Hot Toys IM...With HT Joker & Batman, I cant order the Koto staute..but I might take the stretch for the Koto bust...

Back