Hot Toys news!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple really, they'd use the same technology they used for Hellboy where there isn't a full TrueType underneath but an exoskeleton. The tech is already there they just have to make the proportions bigger. Full body rubber suit instead of just the torso, fabric for the pants and a Yulli sculpted head and you've got a winner. Using just the exoskeleton that is already in existance just making it bigger and not worrying about making a suit to go over a TT that would have to be created is a way to keep the costs down.

MATRIX... that is amazing!! I just really hope it isn't just the bluray case they are talking about. I need 12" figures! Not sure about the Alien yet - will have to see pics of that one.

yyl3r.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
142u721.jpg

Simple really, they'd use the same technology they used for Hellboy where there isn't a full TrueType underneath but an exoskeleton. The tech is already there they just have to make the proportions bigger. Full body rubber suit instead of just the torso, fabric for the pants and a Yulli sculpted head and you've got a winner. Using just the exoskeleton that is already in existance just making it bigger and not worrying about making a suit to go over a TT that would have to be created is a way to keep the costs down.

Well that is probably the most obvious method but based on his (accurate) size I still think it would weigh too much. Remember Ivan Drago? Same tech but damn did that beast weigh a ton and he was a pain to pose properly because of it.

yyl3r.jpg
142u721.jpg

Really? I loved everything about the new (Norton) Hulk movie and look.

Well that is probably the most obvious method but based on his (accurate) size I still think it would weigh too much. Remember Ivan Drago? Same tech but damn did that beast weigh a ton and he was a pain to pose properly because of it.

I thought it was one of the worst movies that came out last year so I wouldn't want anything from it.

The difference is between Hulk and Drago. With Drago they had to try and keep humanistic portions which threw off the balance. The simple design of the Hulk equals enlarged hands and feet especially Norton's Hulk who wasn't as bulky as Bana's Hulk just taller and wider, the bigger and longer feet will help balance for basic posing, like Hellboy's restrictions though you won't get the most articulation but it'll be worth it to have that kind of masterpiece on my shelf.

Agreed. The Norton film was amazing and I wouldn't want a damn thing from the Bana abomination.

I'm hoping they just don't feel it's as big as the other things to make the big surprise. Rambo and Rocky have their following, and established lines, there's no new business to stir up with that, but announcing the promise of the Giger Alien, an MJ figure on the heels of his passing, and new licenses people care about will get people all jumpy. Us Rambo and Rocky fans are already craving, they don't need to work up the hunger, we've got it, it's just a matter of when they toss us a piece of meat to chew on finally.

AMEN! :bow

yyl3r.jpg
142u721.jpg

i uhh...actually hated the first one Norton PWNS bannnnnna in my opinion

I prefer the Norton Hulk as well... also he's not so massive that it would be impossible for HT to pull it off.

I have the T-Rex Apexplorer figure and the arms on him are massive... but there is zero shoulder articulation. Would be cool if they did the Dutch style shoulders on a massive muscular body.

The difference is between Hulk and Drago. With Drago they had to try and keep humanistic portions which threw off the balance. The simple design of the Hulk equals enlarged hands and feet especially Norton's Hulk who wasn't as bulky as Bana's Hulk just taller and wider, the bigger and longer feet will help balance for basic posing, like Hellboy's restrictions though you won't get the most articulation but it'll be worth it to have that kind of masterpiece on my shelf.

Still if it is made this way (and most likely) they will need to include a stand with heavy base and the collector should be prepared to pay PF prices for it. The beast would need his own shelf too :D He would have to be at least 14-15" tall.

Imo HT's should opt to make both Hulk and Spidey at around the same time ............... both would sell out fast.

I voted Hulk. Tho I like Spidey better.

Spiderman has been done and tho I really would like a HT version of both the Hulk is logical choice IMO. Besides Medicom's version(s) which already exist a new movie is coming out. May have to wait but Spiderman is coming, it is a matter of time. It may be the green monsters only chance to be done in 1/6th scale, assuming the poll is for a 1/6 collectible.

I voted for Spidey, since there's yet to be a truly great version of him in 1:6. I'd be too afraid of how expensive a Hulk would be. Plus the engineering required to make him articulated would be crazy.

Well considering we did see the announcement (well one of our Asian members was nice enough to translate the "other" page for us) that they ARE indeed making a Rambo and Rocky right after Batman DX02 so I can see SDCC as a realistic venue to debut them.

I HOPE!

Yo Terminator! I would love another Rocky or Rambo, but it looks like it's going to be a long wait. I hope they do a Rocky 1 Street gear. RockyI and RockyII fight gear should've been made already. The three Rockys I mentioned are all the iconic image Rockys. I sure wish HT didn't make that Clubber street exclusive. It's nice, but there were better choices HT could've made at the time. If it were up to me I go with R1 street gear for DX.

Yo Terminator! I would love another Rocky or Rambo, but it looks like it's going to be a long wait. I hope they do a Rocky 1 Street gear. RockyI and RockyII fight gear should've been made already. The three Rockys I mentioned are all the iconic image Rockys. I sure wish HT didn't make that Clubber street exclusive. It's nice, but there were better choices HT could've made at the time. If it were up to me I go with R1 street gear for DX.

I'm with you 100% bro and don't forget it was (unofficially) confirmed that Hot Toys is making both a Rocky DX and Rambo DX so lets hope it good.

Damn, I voted Spiderman but a few posts here have made me regret it as I do want a Hulk figure for my superhero collection and with the relatively inferior performance of the films its the less obvious choice for a company to go for.

I voted for the Hulk, but, it has to be the new Hulk (Ed Norton), the Ang Lee movie sucked....

Back