Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. I'm also secretly hoping for the colors in the leaked pictures to be accurate, because it will double as a bad ass comic Superman, given how DC has had artists drawing him as Reeve recently.

The same kinds of things happened at comic shops before the internet. Unfortunately now we're all so connected that it just seems like it's more prevalent.

Facebook/twitter has made it worse. I saw Facebook addiction problems on TV tonight. Thats sad. People living their lives through others. I just cannot get over how in this modern day that so many people thrive on gossip.

I will say, though, that intelligent debate and discourse is apparently dying everywhere now with that connectivity. You can't hold anyone accountable for anything like you could with the face to face conversations at the comic shop, nor do you have that "maybe I shouldn't say this" filter, so it's just free reign for the spouting of drivel. It's not just on forums like this, it's everywhere. Though I would also say that you should consider what the majority of people discussing toys look/act like before you expect any sort of mature discourse. :lol

I can honestly picture raging fights outside of comic shops because somebody didn't agree with them. Then exhausted heaps wondering what they were fighting over.

I honestly saw some guy literally do the Kevin Spacey/Lex Luthor, "WRONG!" in another guy's face in the middle of my comic shop when they were debating the Joker in TDK a year or so back. I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl after that.

As far as FB/Twitter goes...I've never even used the Twitter site. I don't understand how it works. It confounds me. My FB is generally used to talk about how I wish it was legal to clothesline people on Segways and the like. Almost any and all personal information stays off there.

Hmm... looks like people are still asleep.

I expect no less than 10+ pages of whining when I get back! :lecture

For me it was 50 pages. I read it all :yess:

seriously guys, the more I watch pics and compare them, the less I like the sculpt. I insist HT made a bad decision hiring Kim. Im out.

Seriously guys, the more I read posts and compare them, the less I like numbnuts who formulate their entire opinion of a figure based on only a handful of crappy pics.

Place me in the camp of people who like what they are seeing so far and will make their final judgment on the figure once official pics are released. That'd be the camp about a hundred miles away from the premature photoshoppers, compulsive customisers and Arnie Kim flagellators.

It's amusing to me how the people I've shown this to outside of this forum, some collectors and some just friends/family, all said the same thing: "Wow, that looks just like him." One even remarked that the close-up looks like a promotional still from one of the Superman films.

People here are too damn jaded.

When things are this EPIC!!! ppl have to talk $hi*! Thats just how it is!!

But back to the matter at hand. When will the pre-order be up, and do you guys think BBTS will have these up soon as well? I need this figure!! I NEED IT!!! <3

Man I could only make it through so much crap of the same ppl constantly complaining sayin the same thing over and over! Am I the only one who thinks Erik's isn't perfect? I mean Erik's sculpt looks great, no doubt but for me, it looks a bit like he's blowing air but keeping his mouth clothes causing a puffy look around his mouth, that's what I honestly see in Erik's sculpt. No disrespect to you Erik as you can sculpt great, but I just don't think it's as great as many are saying. Both have their flaws but I have yet to see a painter on this board to paint like HT does. So far, Headplay has been the only ones I've seen to match HT quality paint.
Seeing as how HT teaser was the right blue (even though I could careless) I think the full reveal pics will have the same colors as we've seen in the teaser. Anyways, like someone said quite a few pages back, the fun has been taken out of this by all the complaining, more so than all the complaining that goes on with Heath Ledger Joker stuff. I'm still excited about the official pics to hopefully be shown sooner than later

Hey you Fools can pass if you want to, This is the best CR sculp out there. The only thing closer is a picture of the man. Also there is no one on this board who if was shown the figure and was asked who is that would not say CR Superman. You can tell just by the pics thats a CR Superman. If someone don't want one good don't buy it leave it for someone who dose like the figure. This figure will be mine!!!!!

Like I said before, there are maybe 1 or 2 customizers that can pump out a finished product that can compare to Hot Toys. Sculpting isn't the issue, it's the overall quality of the finished product, and I've honestly only seen 1 person that can match HT's quality with a full custom product.

Everything else looks great when you look at the individual pieces, i.e. sculpt or clothes, but the figures you see people paying $500 - $1k for are blinded by the fact that it's a limited custom. The materials are cheaper and the paintwork is, with 1 or 2 notable exceptions, nowhere near what you'll get from an official product. The problem is if you want one that matches HT's $200 figures, you'll end up shelling out a hell of a lot more than that. That's justifiable to the custom junkies who just have to own a limited piece, but the product inevitably pales in comparison in some way or other.

Or they end up using Hot Toys bodies and clothes, and everything is HT but the sculpt. But OMG HT is so terrible. Right.

Are you F@#ing me?:horror
Last night when I left this thread was 50 pages long.

Now its 100+ pages long.:horror

What the heck happened?:panic: What did I miss?

P.S. And if the pictures where released can anyone remember which page the picture is revealed first time?

Gonna pose mine like this.

11052422110947e833bacc7ca1.jpg

P.S. And if the pictures where released can anyone remember which page the picture is revealed first time?

Summary of the last 50 pages:

Trolls: HS is all wrong, Arnie Kim is fail.
Nitpickers: Suit colour is not accurate, can see some of Tom Cruise in the sculpt, pity the joints show through the costume, don't like his expression, here's a Photoshop example of how it should look, Erik's HS is so much better, looks good for a custom.
Fans: This looks great, definite buy
Others: Looks great so far, can't wait for official pics.

I could point you to the first page of pics Marcus but I'm not game to revisit the belly of the beast. I think page 66 or 67. Good luck!

Blue looks fine in the teaser. The SR fig had different shades of blue in different pics as well. (no biggie kids)

HotToys-Supermanteaser.jpg

Nitpickers: Suit colour is not accurate, can see some of Tom Cruise in the sculpt, pity the joints show through the costume, don't like his expression, here's a Photoshop example of how it should look, Erik's HS is so much better, looks good for a custom.

I could point you to the first page of pics Marcus but I'm not game to revisit the belly of the beast. I think page 66 or 67. Good luck!

Thanks for the recap. I'm surprised no one said he looks Asian.:rotfl

It all had started in page 64, but the great revelation came in page 68!

Blue looks fine in the teaser. The SR fig had different shades of blue in different pics as well. (no biggie kids)

HotToys-Supermanteaser.jpg

Plus as has already been pointed out but ignored by the custom scrote-swingers, or overlooked by the gawkers not willing to brave the storm, the magazine photos are optimized to keep costs down in production. So colors might be off or the hue changed to a more natural color to maximize production efficiency/costs.

What I expected.:wink1:

Oh well, I have 50 pages to read now. Just kidding.:nana:

So no official pictures yet? Just some leaked low quality pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back