Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, for one, think Trevor was a decoy and that we've not seen the last of Sir Kingsly's Mandarin. Just my hunch...

I, for one, think Trevor was a decoy and that we've not seen the last of Sir Kingsly's Mandarin. Just my hunch...

is that due to the new marvel one shot? rumours are that there could be a new real mandarin looking for trevor as marvel beckpedals on making the mandarin a fake. i hope it's still kingsley as the real mandarin if that's the case.

The figure looks fantastic. It was just the 'pseudo-Mandarin' from the movie that disappointed me. :(

I get a lot of people didn't like the Mandarin twist, but otherwise none of us would still be talking about such a 2 dimensional and inherently boring (IMO) character like the Mandarin. This came off, to me anyway, as an answer to Nolan's string of Gotham terrorists. I really loved it. And if they retconn some revamp on IM3, which I greatly doubt, what is gained? We'll REALLY have the Mandarin? No. He's still a made up character. This was way better and far more ballsy!

But back to the figure, they never came near this close to nailing RDJ. Another slap in the face from the Mandarin!😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DSC_19552_zps13b027f1.gif

trying something different for my photosets....

Holy awesome!!!!
Have you done anything like that with other HT figures?
:horror

Just got my foo dog statues which are under scaled but still look pretty good, IMO. Also picked up a nice AK to complete the ensemble. Just need to drill and weather the helmet and make some little incense.

Thanks cof. I really need to use my DSLR. It's just a lot easier to click a few pics on the phone and upload to photobucket.

Really wish the dogs were a bit bigger but I'm not dropping anymore cash on accessories. I may have to do a cheap bash businessman hostage. Then that'll be it. :lol

Cool, thanks! So do you think 5" would look best?

I would say 6" and try to find a set without a base. Free standing dogs at that height should be at a truer overall scale. I found some really cool looking sets in my search but wasn't willing to cough up the dough.

The statues in the movie are actually chi Lin (Chinese unicorn). You could try searching for those as well. Good luck.

Back