Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, they definitely need to make Killian, the fact that he's actually the MCU's Mandarin (in no doubt based on modern depictions and early drafts of the first Iron Man film, I kid you not) makes him that much more important. Even if HT can't pull off the glowing body, I wouldn't mind it if he's just a guy in a suit with a proper body underneath, complete with dragon tattoos (that's how he was in the comics anyway, just a guy in a business suit who takes off his shirt whenever he's fighting). Heck if the glowing body is out, they could still go for glowing eyes and implement an LED system, similar to what they did for Albert Wesker. Either way I wouldn't mind it just as long as we get the actual Mandarin in 1/6 figure form.

Kililian won't happen. HT hasn't even come through with any new IM3 armor announcements for awhile(remember the plan to release them all?). IM3 license may be about done for HT except Pepper. Too many new movies to start concentrating on.

Kililian won't happen. HT hasn't even come through with any new IM3 armor announcements for awhile(remember the plan to release them all?). IM3 license may be about done for HT except Pepper. Too many new movies to start concentrating on.

I'll admit, I'll be sorely disappointed if HT never bothers to make Killian. It doesn't help that after reading more recent comics it's really hard for me to picture Kingley's Mandarin as a "definitive" film version of the character nowadays, especially since Killian feels much more in line with what I've gotten used to from reading the current comics, albeit a younger version of the modern Mandarin. This is probably the only time I'd actually want HT to continue their routine of milking of the Iron Man property. That said, if Whiplash Mk2 is being made even after all these years, perhaps some wishful-thinking of HT making Killian isn't so far-fetched?

I'll admit, I'll be sorely disappointed if HT never bothers to make Killian. It doesn't help that after reading more recent comics it's really hard for me to picture Kingley's Mandarin as a "definitive" film version of the character nowadays, especially since Killian feels much more in line with what I've gotten used to from reading the current comics, albeit a younger version of the modern Mandarin. This is probably the only time I'd actually want HT to continue their routine of milking of the Iron Man property. That said, if Whiplash Mk2 is being made even after all these years, perhaps some wishful-thinking of HT making Killian isn't so far-fetched?

True- never say never with HT, I'm just thinking it's highly unlikely at this point.

I would like a Killian as well. Not enough MCU baddies produced, however I think whiplash is getting the nod because of the armor suit. And HT has stated many times they hate producing "men in suits" which is right up Killian's alley. Thankfully, the fact he could light up like a Christmas tree might keep them interested in him.

Okay so I only discovered this just now. :slap
I'll be one to admit I'm actually just tempted to customize a figure of my own and call it a day. While it's definitely not perfect, I think it's a decent enough likeness to Guy Pearce that it'd be good enough for a 1/6 Killian (it does need some blonde highlights on his hair though which should be easy enough).

Okay so I only discovered this just now. :slap
I'll be one to admit I'm actually just tempted to customize a figure of my own and call it a day. While it's definitely not perfect, I think it's a decent enough likeness to Guy Pearce that it'd be good enough for a 1/6 Killian (it does need some blonde highlights on his hair though which should be easy enough).

Better off getting one of these.
1796661_683638995034064_605380934_n_zps990e5616.jpg

That's a really nice looking sculpt.

The Trevor/Mandarin is my favorite IM3 figure I have gotten so far. Really really dig it.

Oh wow that's a great sculpt of Guy Pearce. Do you know who made it or even where I could get it?

Also absolutely, Trevor Mandarin is still damn awesome and one of HT's best works. My only issue with it is the limited number of accessories (the missing extra hands is a glaring oversight). Admittedly I've been seeing the price slowly go down for this guy on some sites, so give or take, one of these days I might just be able to score one on the cheap side.

Yeah I picked up another for 170 shipped the other day. Would have been cool if they had included one of the t-shirts he wore in the movie, an AK and maybe even another Trevor sculpt - like a confused/befuddled one.

This is killing me!!!!...I have a space with Red Skull, I have Ten Rings backgrounds and an Ak-47 waiting for him and still no notice yet that he is shipping!!!!

Was he released from SS before or after Tony Stark Mechanic / BD T-800?

LOL, I'm curious, why do most people have him sitting on the chair at such an angle where it looks like he's sliding off? haha

Back