Hot Toys Morbius - 1/6 Scale It’s Morbin’ Time Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this was massively unexpected lol

I actually didn't mind the movie to be honest.

Not a bad looking figure just a bit too left field for any of my displays

Neil

Totally unexpected reveal. At first I wondered why? But come on, this is a Spidey villain. He'll probably look great with the other Spidey villains. The sculpt and bats are pretty cool. Side note: I didn't watch the movie. Does his trench have a purple lining? It would look pretty good and be a nice nod to his comic look if there were a red lining in the trench. Was it purple in the movie? I don't really associate that color with the character.

This choice makes sense to me despite what a crap movie it was. Disney pretty much owns Hot Toys at this point. Howard probably doesn’t have much of a choice at this point if he wants to keep the contract with them going.

Pretty baffling for HT to suggest moving forward with this. They must have a pretty low bar to obtain profit with these dolls.
And it's already up for pre-order! No proto pic. Wait a year..or two..or three.... People talking about whatever happened to Morbius. Adding it to the list of figures shown but never made. Never had a pre-order. We cry. Have a beer. Or, have a beer then cry. None of that shenanigans with this monster of a figure.

This choice makes sense to me despite what a crap movie it was. Disney pretty much owns Hot Toys at this point. Howard probably doesn’t have much of a choice at this point if he wants to keep the contract with them going.
Does Disney have any sway in this? I thought this was a Sony deal.

Thanks, but I'll wait for the 2023 Toy Fair Exclusive Milo figure with pants-pooping, sex-having action.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is a minimum one figure per Sony film deal since they started with Spider-Man 3.

Morbius is all Sony. The Sony Spider-Man Universe is a big headache for Disney and Marvel Studios. Disney would rather have the film rights to all these characters back. They have to pretend to smile at the SSU trainwreck if they want to keep Spider-Man in the MCU.

They would not push for anything that furthers the SSU so they would certainly not force Hot Toys to make this Morbin’ figure even if it was up to them.

398104-3E74AC7D-BF44-48D0-99E8-6BE23ABCB9E5.jpeg

OGC.e1a5cbeab0882fefabb6d93f2b7623ac

There’s still time but not great that Morbius is the most surprising and exciting SDCC HT announcement.

This will be the first figure to ever sell a trillion copies, a true #MorbiusSweep indeed not sure why people in this thread are spreading Morbius slander when it's the highest grossing movie of all time, an absolute piece of cinema!

But seriously lol it's a questionable announcement to say the least considering all the more deserving figures that could take this spot.

Back