1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

This hasn't been released yet right? Let's not hit the panic button just yet. We all know every figure portrait softens up the details in production so no shock there. Let's get some video reviews and in-hand shots... they'll tell the real story here.

I'm hoping for amazing, sharp tailoring here. It's a must for this character (and the forthcoming Krennic)... it's where Tarkin fell a little short.

Here's hoping that Dooku is Impeccable!

I agree not to hit the panic button just yet. Same routine every time.

However, that being said, if the sculpt does indeed end up looking how it does in that photo on page 42, HT seems like they’re getting quite lazy with production sculpts lately. RotS Obi-Wan, John Wick, and now potentially this. Like others have said, to the point where it’s better to wait until the production figure hits before committing to anything because I don’t trust the figure will come out looking almost as good as the proto. It sucks too because prices are going up, while it seems sculpt quality is going down.

Dooku SUCKS!!!! :gah:

:panic:

HT, you disappoint me.

giphy.gif

Definitely looks like an early production figure. Maybe he’ll hit soon.

SS's Dooku is far more accurate and superior, shame on you Hot Toys.

For a bad photo, I think he looks really great! Really nice detail. Even has the aging spots. But we have no idea what stage that figure is in. Might not even be final.

I am friends with someone who knew CLee for many years, so I can't wait to get the figure and show him. :)

SS's Dooku is far more accurate and superior, shame on you Hot Toys.

Damn, no kidding. I’m canceling my HT order and ordering that guy right now.

Come to think of it, I think I’ll sell my entire HT SW collection and get the SS figures. Certainly a lot cheaper!

Damn, no kidding. I’m canceling my HT order and ordering that guy right now.

Come to think of it, I think I’ll sell my entire HT SW collection and get the SS figures. Certainly a lot cheaper!

Don’t do that just let, let’s wait and see first with the final promos. I think it is going to look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hasbro one was one of their best.
Roll on this new one

A bit funky in its own way, but yeah.

RGCdlFt.png

As if they’re not going to nail this, they nail every old person sculpt. Why the panic? Dooku will probably end up being figure of the year.

Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Well, the hasbro one wasn't bad with a repaint.:dunno:lol

1i_zpsuollef1z.jpg

Haha. Wasn't the best either [emoji23]

He looks so unhappy and scared.

Am so glad I got into this at a relatively late point in time and skipped the whole SS and Hasbro scene.

Haha. Wasn't the best either [emoji23]

He looks so unhappy and scared.

Am so glad I got into this at a relatively late point in time and skipped the whole SS and Hasbro scene.

Yeah he's got a bit of a melty face at the bottom too.:horror

But... I'm guessing that figure was literally $20 though. :rotfl

The SSC "scene" included a ton of total crap (clones and more clones and those first 2 yrs of figs - ugh) but with Hammerhead and Gamorrean for $120 and Tusken Raider for $130 (hell, even a pretty great Lando for $80) there's no way I would be glad I skipped that scene. I am super thankful I managed to snag the very best of that era at almost half the price they'd be today.:lecture

Hasbro Dooku's expression is perfect for the moment right before he loses his head.

Back