1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

20190805_110039.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

IMG_3777.jpg
I finally had time to unpack it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great shots ObiGlenn! Great display, chemicals...cool seeing Secura again...how wonderful it would be to see her get HT treatment with a seamless body ala Wonder Woman, eh?

Still can't get enough of this figure...

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-043.jpg

Here are my thoughts on this Obi-wan figure. Overall a pretty nice complement to the Anakin Skywalker figure.

So I cancelled my preorder of the deluxe version after the pictures of the final sculpt were so disappointing. Had no intention of getting this, especially because the pics even on this thread don't look impressive. The skin seems to haven stripped of so much detail.

However, someone that had bought a deluxe really wanted to sell theirs. Brand new and they agreed to 300 CAD ($225USD). Regardless of how I felt about about the sculpt, the price was a steal. So I just brought it home. Excited to see how it looks.

You can get some amazing deals on Kijiji (Canada's most popular classfieds). Last week I got a like new Q001 for an amazing $450USD. Now, Deluxe Obi for $225!

Just opened my discount Obi. The sculpt is good and in the right lighting, the likeness is there. However, if the prototype was a 10 out of 10 this is probably an 8. Damn, Baby Luke is creepy though.

Not bad:

Very very nice! How did you manage to fit the Detolf shelf in like that? Is that Obi-Wan base custom made?

Looks like the glass shelf has been lowered, the high ground base looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very nice! How did you manage to fit the Detolf shelf in like that? Is that Obi-Wan base custom made?

Looks like the glass shelf has been lowered, the high ground base looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the shelf has been lowered with u-bolts. And thanks for the compliment :wave, I made the base myself.

Great job on that base :clap

Thank you :hi5:

wait...so we can't attach the saber to the belt??

edit: in the interest of humor. I'm leaving this here...i didn't read the instructions or look under the little additional pegs to see the clip...so yeah im a dunce.

Last edited:

Had some interesting light today...

View attachment 463024

View attachment 463025

I'm really enjoying the different styles of photos that this figure has inspired from folks in here. It's cool to see everyone getting creative and showing their enthusiasm for this terrific figure. Very inspiring....best part of the hobby. Looking forward to more!

how did you attach the saber to the belt?

never mind....

Last edited:

Nice posing!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I have to say, the latest Obi-Wan news makes me much more excited to own this figure now, just knowing that we'll get to see him play this character again after 15 years.

20190824_091846 (2).jpg

20190824_091122 (3).jpg

20190824_090855 (2).jpg

Back