1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hi all, I just purchased this figure, thinking of how I should pose this figure in my display case. Should I be worried about the color of the rope "bleeding" onto the lighter cloth (I want to display him with the jacket on)? Thanks all~

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Nobody thought the scupt was bad, garbage or anything after many beautiful pics posted here by folks who got Obi soon...exept for initial freakouts because of those disastrous blogger pics.

....and direct side by side comparisons to the prototype.

The cycle never changes. Initial freakout followed by in hand pics, it's not that bad.

Not my photo, but I saw this on FB and thought it looked really good. It's one of the first shots from a distance where the sculpt doesn't look super generic and Sideshowish to me. So maybe it's just a matter of finding the right kind of light.

View attachment 455205
photo by Steve Armstrong

That looks nice: It´s definitely a matter of light. It does not work or works worse under some lighting conditions. Is what i noticed with mine. And that´s because there are some small flaws IMO. Primarly because the lip/beard/moustache combo, and also the softness of the details and too marked and wide cheekbones. Here is one shot in my balcony with natural light. It acts like a lightbox, and looks very good. Other interior lighting makes it show the flaws more and look worse.

61305700_10219890108982593_5320167764692828160_n.jpg
61097221_10219890108902591_90581693496295424_n.jpg

That looks great !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best shots.

That looks nice: It´s definitely a matter of light. It does not work or works worse under some lighting conditions. Is what i noticed with mine. And that´s because there are some small flaws IMO. Primarly because the lip/beard/moustache combo, and also the softness of the details and too marked and wide cheekbones. Here is one shot in my balcony with natural light. It acts like a lightbox, and looks very good. Other interior lighting makes it show the flaws more and look worse.

View attachment 455211

Great pic! And yeah it looks like the softer indoor lighting tends to make the features look even softer than they already are.

The tailoring on the outfit looks fantastic there as well. I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about this figure now.

Anyone in Oz have theirs yet??

Nope. I’ve got a bunch of things from KGHobby imminent, this one, Black Panther, Thanos, but only the Mad Titan has shipped so far. I doubt local Oz retailers will be getting these figures before July, but happy to be proven wrong!

Nope. I’ve got a bunch of things from KGHobby imminent, this one, Black Panther, Thanos, but only the Mad Titan has shipped so far. I doubt local Oz retailers will be getting these figures before July, but happy to be proven wrong!

Looking on PoPs site and they have July stated as incoming.
I went the way of KgHobby for this and dlx Stormie..price is similar and no wait time as OZ seems to be last on the list to get figures these days...NOT bad thing.
I think I will go the KgHobby route moving forward though for Dooku and Bespin Leia.

Great pic! And yeah it looks like the softer indoor lighting tends to make the features look even softer than they already are.

The tailoring on the outfit looks fantastic there as well. I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about this figure now.
Yes, tailoring is really nice..
I also tried to lighten the beard. Looks better
To me. Adding real hair in the beard may look even better. Maybe I get a spare head and try it or wait to see if someone give a try
B590169E-4D4D-43DA-B0AD-59E266911ABA.jpgBD3A5080-981A-4BA6-A8AF-25D58F9AD911.jpg02AD6E98-B50D-49B0-A557-52089D6F489F.jpg

Got mine delivered Friday.
Very pleased with it.

Now i need to sort a pose. (Anakin vs Obi Wan) :)

OW.jpg

Yes, tailoring is really nice..
I also tried to lighten the beard. Looks better
To me. Adding real hair in the beard may look even better. Maybe I get a spare head and try it or wait to see if someone give a try
View attachment 455332View attachment 455333View attachment 455334

Nice work! You managed to bring out a lot more detail in the beard as well, which doesn't usually show up as much on the stock head.

Yeah, the beard detail looks way better after that touch up.

Missed the truck:gah:
Maybe tomorrow

Received mine, I pick up at ups. Now to smuggle him into the house without palpatine (wife) realizing.

Back