1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Not had a delay email here yet. Pre ordered from sideshow a month or so ago.

Hmmm....odd. i ordered right when it went up for pre-sale. Not too worried on it, as i waited this long, another month or two wont kill me. Hopefully yours doesn't get delayed. Sideshow seems to sometimes pick randomly who will and wont get it on time

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Quick addendum...just checked my deluxe ROTJ Luke, and looks like they are taking payments, last one set for August 5. Lol, I might get that before my Obi Wan at this rate!

Quick addendum...just checked my deluxe ROTJ Luke, and looks like they are taking payments, last one set for August 5. Lol, I might get that before my Obi Wan at this rate!
I honestly doubt that. SW doesn’t sell well in Asia so much of the first batch should already be on the way across the Pacific. I’d bet SSC gets them in less than a month.

I honestly doubt that. SW doesn’t sell well in Asia so much of the first batch should already be on the way across the Pacific. I’d bet SSC gets them in less than a month.

It’s crazy how many line up there for an Iron Man release and none for Star Wars.

It’s crazy how many line up there for an Iron Man release and none for Star Wars.

Could have to do with when the movie's released.
One's a decade ago while Endgame's just happening now.

Now, it's delayed to June ? OMG

Nope, no delay email here.. getting nervous though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah it just goes to show how something as big as Star Wars, even in this “global community”, can have a cultural impact in some regions but not so in others.

Nope, no delay email here.. getting nervous though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don’t be! As long as there aren’t any delays getting the shipments across the Pacific, I’d bet good money it will show up at SSC within a month.

Yeah it just goes to show how something as big as Star Wars, even in this “global community”, can have a cultural impact in some regions but not so in others.

Yep, so much of huge movies like Star Wars is built on nostalgia. China didn't get the original Star Wars. The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars film in Chinese cinemas.

Then you can argue as much as you like one way or the other about how good the ST has been from an Asian perspective. However they seem to like huge spectacle more than anything from what I can see. eg Transformers, Pacific Rim etc

Hopefully I will get Obi in June.

Btw my final flex payment for x2 new stomtroopers at SS has been pushed back till June instead of May, June is going to be expansive month for me :horror

Thanks for reminding me about those stormtroopers. I just switched my 2 to a flex pay to help out with payment. Maul might be in the summer too!

I got the same email. Stinks, haven’t had a new figure in a long time, dark side anakin. I wonder if we can get a figure announcement this week with all of the marvel hype. May 4th or not, it may be tough to knock marvel off of the ht Facebook page. Shazam could be announced as well. Let’s go ht, give us an ot announcement.

Haven’t gotten anything like that. No communications from sideshow at all

Maybe the delay is them fixing the head sculpt and Sideshow is getting the updated second batch........

Maybe the delay is them fixing the head sculpt and Sideshow is getting the updated second batch........

Did Hot Toys fix head sculpt after releasing of same figure? I think they will not do that. Unless 2.0 version.

It takes months to make and get new headscuplt approved. This is nothing more than shipping delays at the docks on the west coast caused by months of cargo ships filled to the max to avoid tariffs.

Every time a new figure gets a late second shipment, someone optimistically suggests that maybe they're fixing the sculpt for the next batch. But has that ever happened before? Serious question.

I don't believe so...

Received mine this morning. Some crappy phone pics below, but in hand this figure is fantastic looking. I'll try and take some better pics with my SLR

FB_IMG_1557322832166.jpg

FB_IMG_1557322837022.jpg

Received mine this morning. Some crappy phone pics below, but in hand this figure is fantastic looking. I'll try and take some better pics with my SLR

Great, would appreciate that.

Back