1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Instead of arguing, maybe someone could give me some guidance regarding this ^^^

I’d agree that the standard Anakin would probably be more ideal if you’re going for an Anakin-Kenobi duo display, but I don’t think it’s necessary. If you already have DS Anakin, I think that’d work just fine. DS Anakin’s outfit doesn’t have lava burns either, correct?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

...or you can wait for Cody to get released and display Kenobi with him and leave your DS Anakin as a standalone on that big stand.

...or you can wait for Cody to get released and display Kenobi with him and leave your DS Anakin as a standalone on that big stand.

Or you can also use that money you’d spend on Cody to pick up a parted out lava droid base for Obi-Wan.

YES!!! This is a winner, Thank you! Have Cody on PO but it just never crossed my mind since I used to collect all the SSC Clones.

Instead of arguing, maybe someone could give me some guidance regarding this ^^^

I put Sith Ani or pre Mustafar Vader next to Vader ANH. Jedi Knight Ani next to upcoming Obiwan.

One thing I've noticed in all the pics and reviews is that the likeness seems to work a lot better from this higher angle, probably because it makes the expression look a bit more intense that way.

Screenshot_20190416-223029_YouTube.jpg

When will SS start shipping this guy ?

Someone commented a while back that their last flex was in early May, so we've got a bit of a wait left (especially those of us stateside using other e-tailers)

This will be one of my last orders through Sideshow. Taxes plus shipping plus the low dollar have made it financially impossible...most of my dollars will be going to PopCultcha unless I can get some crazy good coupons or offers through Sideshow.

Must say though I am pretty excited to get my hands on this one...

...I am happy with the sculpt and look forward to all the accessories coming with the deluxe set...should look amazing with HT's Anakin

Got notice of my final payment on May 20th. Will be great to have this guy to pair with Anakin. I want to recreate the Dooku duel. Still one of my fave duels in the entire series.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the last few months have shown us that the 'last payment' thing is a total guess by SS. They might get 10 cases of this in May and leave everyone else hanging like with Doctor Strange or Thanos.

I'm pretty sure the last few months have shown us that the 'last payment' thing is a total guess by SS. They might get 10 cases of this in May and leave everyone else hanging like with Doctor Strange or Thanos.

Gotta agree, more than ever they seem to be shipping each figure out in ‘waves,’ sometimes months apart. Marvel seems to have it going on the least, but even they have it with some figures like Spider-Man.

Tell me about it ! I just got Dr Strange in from KGHobby. He is awesome ! But I went to look at some review videos for posing ideas and saw they were all from the beginning of January ! Shows just how late this guy is. And most others still don't have him.

On the plus side I have noticed he comes with the bishops neck piece of paper to protect from staining. I also saw they did this on Obi Wan and also Loki. So seems HT have learnt their lesson since the Starlord Neck Staingate issue.

Well done Hot Toys.

Gotta agree, more than ever they seem to be shipping each figure out in ‘waves,’ sometimes months apart. Marvel seems to have it going on the least, but even they have it with some figures like Spider-Man.

Haha exactly; first batches of Spider-Man were released 1/1/2018 in HK and I got mine in July from BBTS.

Interesting side note. I was looking for pricing for this HT Obi Wan. Sideshow has him for $235 basic version.

Interestingly the original old Ben Kenobi went for $219.

Not sure if $219 was the original first price but if it was there's definitely not a huge difference considering how long ago old Ben was up for order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks amazing in this review.

Must say though I am pretty excited to get my hands on this one...

...I am happy with the sculpt and look forward to all the accessories coming with the deluxe set...should look amazing with HT's Anakin

So far it looks like I'm the only one who just went for the regular version. I'm all for fun accessories, but didn't see the point in paying an extra $40 for a baby Luke and lightup table I'd never use.

Great video. His camera and photos are top notch. Talks a Lot of s#$t though.

Has given me a bit more confidence in this figure though. I mean it's more about the look from a bit of distance. And he certainly looks like Obi Wan to me.

Sure more detail on the HS would have been nice but I guess other things were at play here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back