1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Darth Maul is much more easier to sculpt. It does not require much facial detail like Obi Wan. Darth Maul figure should be fine without much complaint.

Yeah, hopefully.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Emperor Palpatine all over again... 'member dat?

Indeed I do. :lol

Agree with this completely. Definitely disappointed, as I was really looking forward to this figure. However, there's only so much money and space for figures, and HT has many more SW & Marvel figures coming up that I'm interested in, so this one will be a pass at least for now. Hopefully Maul is a homerun...

My sentiments as well.

Face to too short not narrow enough similar to new MK 85 RDJ sculpt. Beard isn’t bushy enough and hair and facial hair color not ginger enough. Still buying though.

Face to too short not narrow enough similar to new MK 85 RDJ sculpt. Beard isn’t bushy enough and hair and facial hair color not ginger enough. Still buying though.

No sculpt is perfect, that’s for sure.

Another batch :

Just amazing!

was awaiting Justins inhand video.
Ordered the Deluxe!!!

Anyone heard when this is expected to ship from Sideshow?

Masterside, your posing is ridiculous! When can swing over to my house and help with my anakin robe? Great pics

It’s simply great. Cannot wait and will be so happy to have this guy. Once Maul and Qui Gon are all together, bliss

I still don’t understand the doubt behind JC’s comments. Isn’t it wildly known by now that nothing in licensing is in a vacuum? Some actors have more final say than others. I know Disney holds most of the rights to Hamill as Luke but it changes from likeness to likeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say from experience this is a fact. I've worked in licensing for a while, and everything is subject to approval. The licensors will often request changes that we disagree with, but there's little that can be done. It's their IP, and contractually they have the final approval. If Lucasfilm/Disney asked for changes, there's nothing HT can do beyond politely disagreeing. We don't know that's the case here (other than rumor), but it does certainly happen. A lot. Sometimes the changes make sense, other times they seem to be without merit. It doesn't really matter if you want to ship the product, though - you make the changes and move forward.

Too bad neither version of Anakin came with a com link. Guess Obi-Wan will have no one to talk to...

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

My short review and horrible pics.

I think he looks incredible, in person, you can see the wrinkles much clearer, but I do wish that they had gone more like the original prototype sculpt in terms of depth of the wrinkles, but it’s not that terrible. I will have the hair and beard repainted at some point, but that’s it. I think it is an excellent piece, especially in person.

He looks great with Anakin, really awesome.

My photos stink, and I am not good at dynamic poses, I will wait till I see something cool up here from someone else and attempt to mimic it later. But at the least my photos are shot with direct daylight on them, and you can get a good idea, although there’s already been some amazing photos put up by people who post better and shoot better photographs than me:

d289ebcd17b3ce9558b5f7c8ac4358cd.jpg

2e65dec132418ca42b3ff1289ebc7626.jpg
92147c9c24f5ad34cfd0e8ccfe1a8217.jpg
57046990e87fd1748f55f67e2dfa0c77.jpg

3cd9763ddb32d636d8f1e06d2a3efc98.jpg

b91aae3651ecf71685d837082303786d.jpg

e3feb8f0c128491b385471ae228339e7.jpg

68a9cafcc953579e12d3194618ae868e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, after some consideration, I'm actually pretty happy they toned down the wrinkles.

While the prototype really nailed intense McGregor as Obi-Wan, this new sculpt offers a more neutral expression, which works perfectly for me as I collect these figures to constantly pose and repose them. And while intense Kenobi works great for fight poses, in a more neutral and serene pose he would just come across as angry otherwise. By making him have a neutral sculpt, this allows for more of a range of expressions in different poses, as opposed to just intense fight mode.

And even though they toned down the intensity, the sculpt still maintains a lifelike quality and doesn't strike me as overly doll-ish

The stages of this figure:
1. Wow, prototype nailed it, preordered.
2. Waiting
3. Waiting
4. Where is the Death Star trooper?
5. Waiting
6. Waiting
7. He’s out, he sucks! What happened?
8. Anger
9. Better pics, he actually looks good.
10. I can’t wait, ship me my damn figure.

Repeat this for dooku.

The stages of this figure:
1. Wow, prototype nailed it, preordered.
2. Waiting
3. Waiting
4. Where is the Death Star trooper?
5. Waiting
6. Waiting
7. He’s out, he sucks! What happened?
8. Anger
9. Better pics, he actually looks good.
10. I can’t wait, ship me my damn figure.

Repeat this for dooku.

200.gif

Back