1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Do the actors have any say on these or did they sign that all away?

All "image usage" - for promotional materials, box/poster/book art and likeness for toys and figures is all standard boilerplate contract with the majors now. The days of actors controlling their likeness has dwindled to a mere handful. So, the short answer is "no" - they don't. They signed it away.

It was mentioned, but no screenshot was attached.
HT should not reveal protos before licensor approval then. Or they should announce the change demanded by licensor.

In a perfect world, that would be the case. It's fair to presume that Disney has complete approval control on of EVERY aspect of the property - from announcement to release, including what images to use at each step of the way. Like any big organization, not every step may be in sync. The people who have the final approval may change whatever they want prior to actual production...like it or not, it's called "reserve the right..."

I do agree that a statement on the site or at release would be nice like changes in appearance from the prototype to production model demanded by licensor. But that will never happen.

All that said, the latest round of photos from masterside look real good...

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I do agree that a statement on the site or at release would be nice like changes in appearance from the prototype to production model demanded by licensor. But that will never happen.

Unless we raise our voices.

I think Obi-Wan looks pretty good on display. Paint application could be better, but then again the whole thing could have been worse lol

21o7vaa.jpg

eb2e0m.jpg

I think Obi-Wan looks pretty good on display. Paint application could be better, but then again the whole thing could have been worse lol

21o7vaa.jpg

eb2e0m.jpg

The hair and bear color looks actually accurate there. Good job!
Again it proves that you can change the look of a figure just by the correct light setting.

Keep the pics coming! Much appreciated!

I think the headsculpt looks generic enough to fit the look of many 30 to 40 fanboys. So many may have their own custom HT!!! Yeah!!

Absolutely love the sculpt. That’s Ewan McGregor alright. It’s a shame they couldn’t capture Alec Guinness with their OT Obi-wan.

Masterside for the win!!!!
Best shot so far

So far I'm liking the figure a whole lot better without the robe. Feels a bit more identifiable as McGregor that way and less like some "generic bearded Jedi".

Surprised by all the hate this got. The blogger photos sucked, the figure looks awesome in the in-hand photos . Definitive Obi-Wan for me. My problem is more with his tunic not laying exactly how it does in the movie more than the sculpt, but proper futzing could fix that.

Softening of a lot of those wrinkles is fine to me because the original prototype had excessive wrinkles in relation to how Ewan McGregor actually looked like in the film. He looked young in the films because he was young.

The real issues is whatever new recasting process they've been using recently because it's dragging the eyes askew, as with Anakin and various others, from the source mould.

Also it is pretty amazing how afraid hot toys are from painting film/actor accurate hair colour. It was an issue on the prototype even. That's probably the biggest issue here for me, just wish I felt comfortable dry brushing some ginger paint on it hahah.

Outside of that looks pretty good to me, about as good as Anakin is.

Any photos with the hood on yet?

Great photos everyone, thanks! Awesome shots masterside, glad I have him on order.

Great pics. No regrets in my purchase now.

Will still have someone with skill repaint the hair and beard at some point, and I futz up the outfit with hairspray.

Does anyone know if a light touch of Grey Wash might bring out the wrinkles more? Especially around the eyes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about a gray wash, but filling in some of the wrinkles would definitely help. I did the same thing with my Tarkin and TLJ Luke to try to bring them closer to the proto when the wrinkles were a lot more defined.

Part of me thinks maybe it's the studio lights they use when they're painting, I'd imaigne they use big bright lights so everything is lighter than it actually is.

Back