1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I’m probably gonna have mine touched up by a painter. To also lighten up hair and beard too.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I’m probably gonna have mine touched up by a painter. To also lighten up hair and beard too.

You talking about the tongue/lip bulge situation?

You talking about the tongue/lip bulge situation?

I’ll wait and see how that looks in hand, but possibly. Mainly just want the color to be right where it’s far too dark right now.

Somehow i think if this were episode 1 or 2 obi-wan, HT would have done a better job. They simply can't do good bearded sculpts. To be fair though i just don't think plastic can emulate a good beard like fabric hair can.

Biggest issue of this figure compare to the original prototyple is the removal of those wrinkles that really 'softened" the likeness
ss.jpg
The prototpye had perfect likeness, too bad it didnt make it to final production though :(

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 208

Very sad to see this best sculpt ever in pre, come out frickin smoothed out in post aarrgghh. How the hell, have they not learned how to keep the look in post. Rookie mistake, not a 20 year veteran. Might not be able to get some wrinkles or change the sculpt, but im definitely going to lighten and dry the beard up, along with the brows to bushy him up and lighten the hair. Damn

I'm convicned there is something fishy going on here, probably interference from the Mouse....

Just picked this up in Hong Kong and took a few pictures. Definitely worse than the prototype but still decent I guess...

2zqu05v.jpg

2wc0kjn.jpg

2hxq52t.jpg

1zduex5.jpg

Thanks for the pics, evodc! Actually looks pretty good there.

I still stand by my observation that this is an in-between-years Obi Wan. Looks more like Kenobi in the midst of the Clone Wars...

I have absolutely zero idea whether or not actor/actress has any say on these figures .

But I do know the approval process from current Lucasfilm is pain in the ****, this piece of information i got from statueforum where some of the statue mannufacturer's representatives complained how hard it was to be working with Disney/Lucasfilm, and sometimes they could even meddle with how final product turns out, as "they preserve the rights".

4X7Lots.jpg

Apologies if this has been posted before. This might answer a few queries. Looks like they were strongarmed by something.

It was mentioned, but no screenshot was attached.
HT should not reveal protos before licensor approval then. Or they should announce the change demanded by licensor.

Thanks for the pics, evodc! Actually looks pretty good there.

Yeah Im not seeing what all the fuss is about. We have early macro shots that don't look like the original hand painted prototype, which is pretty normal. Is it cloudy with a chance of meatballs on this release? :monkey3

Great photos Masterside! You can see he still has 'wrinkles' under his eyes. Ewen was only around 34 at the time of filming ROTS so I'm not sure why people think the sculpt should make him look older. As good as it is, I personally though the proto sculpt added about 10 years to him. Happy with this version, underlip bulge aside.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Well call me crazy i guess because i don't any wrinkles at all. It's all smoothed out and makes him looks 10 yrs younger. And they give you a slap in the face by having the proto on the box. :lol

Well call me crazy i guess because i don't any wrinkles at all. It's all smoothed out and makes him looks 10 yrs younger. And they give you a slap in the face by having the proto on the box. [emoji38]
You can see the laughter lines at the side of the eyes. The only major wrinkle missing on this sculpt is the lines across for the forehead but as you can see from the movie still, his skin was about as smooth as an average 34 year old who takes care of his skin (I know, I am one).
f78ed5f35cb342b65a29b92f9d77a7f3.jpg
50ecc908b692ce6283a9a22f01574ed3.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Back