1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Baby Luke is fake news.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Got my obi wan review up!

Let me know what you guys think!

Stunning review. Beautifully photographed and edited. Kenobi looks great with those clones and thanks for showing that he and Anakin are scaled correctly to one another. Great job! Thanks!

Stunning review. Beautifully photographed and edited. Kenobi looks great with those clones and thanks for showing that he and Anakin are scaled correctly to one another. Great job! Thanks!

I appreciate it jedibear! Thanks!

Had obi wan not been in scale with Anakin...man I don't even wanna think about the justified melt downs.

What do you mean "in scale with Anakin" ?

I remain unconvinced. Just because we are told it’s baby Luke, we are supposed to just accept that? I mean sure, it came with Kenobi and if they had ever made a Bail Organa figure with the same exact baby mold, they would tell us that it’s baby Leia and I’d still be unconvinced. Back in the 1970’s, hospitals would accidentally mix up babies all the time and some people had only found out via DNA/paternity/maternity tests. Hospitals got sued and lives were upended. WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Looks like Tom Cruise. :dunno

Obiwan's scuplt is just absolutely gorgeous, 100% likeness to Ewan McGregor, even to some extent better than Anakin. However, under different angles, especially the direct one the scuplt just looks kinda weird with annoyed visible lip. I also think the lightning definitely plays a pivotal role here when it comes to dertermine whether the scuplt likeness is spot on or not. Overall, the final product is pretty much identical to the prototype, except for those wrinkles on his forehead were "smoothed out" a little bit.
65390687_10213517374358705_4182447403476975616_n.jpg

Obiwan's scuplt is just absolutely gorgeous, 100% likeness to Ewan McGregor, even to some extent better than Anakin. However, under different angles, especially the direct one the scuplt just looks werid with annoyed visible lip. I also think the lightning definitely plays a pivotal role here when it comes to dertermine whether the scuplt likeness is spot on or not. Overall, the final products is pretty much identical to the prototype, except for those wrinkles on his forehead were "smoothed out".
View attachment 458358

Haha yup, that's pretty much how I feel in my review.

Haha yup, that's pretty much how I feel in my review.

thank you, very happy Obiwan turns out great. Now the wait for the remaining PT figures of this year, Maul, Dooku and Yoda.

Yeah, Dooku will be interesting to see. I thought the proto sculpt looked really good, so it’ll be interesting to see how much it has or hasn’t been watered down in production.

Lately, a lot of HT’s sculpts for me have been coming out a bit generic looking. At least in photos.

Woot - got mine at work in Canada.

Goddamn is this cloak soft as hell - I feel like I want a giant one to relax in at home!

Yeah, Dooku will be interesting to see. I thought the proto sculpt looked really good, so it’ll be interesting to see how much it has or hasn’t been watered down in production.

Lately, a lot of HT’s sculpts for me have been coming out a bit generic looking. At least in photos.

Or in some cases...recycled.

Argh! I'm beginning to wonder if BBTS is EVER getting the deluxe version of Kenobi in...feels like forever since the first in-game pics started rolling in...

After ESB Vader and Obi-Wan, I ceased preordering anything. Troopers may be exception but any character with a headsculpt or an iconic mask, I'll wait for real ones.

After ESB Vader and Obi-Wan, I ceased preordering anything. Troopers may be exception but any character with a headsculpt or an iconic mask, I'll wait for real ones.

When it comes down to SW characters, there shouldn't be any fear of "this thing is going to pre-sell out!". It's not a marvel figure haha. My regret isn't Star Wars related, but batman related. I preordered the 1/4 joker...it's arriving tomorrow. And what I've seen so far of the final product...I am SEVERELY disappointed. So, in a way, I can relate.

I sold a lot of old Hasbro stuff and other collectibles over the weekend and was able to make enough to buy the regular version of Obi-Wan so placed my order this morning with BBTS, should have him next week some time. I can't wait, when HT started doing Star Wars, this and Darth Maul were the figures I most hoped to see them tackle because the original Sideshow releases just didn't do the characters justice, this is the ROTS Obi-Wan I'd always wanted.

Very much looking forward to seeing pictures of Kenobi from you!

Very much looking forward to seeing pictures of Kenobi from you!

Thanks, hopefully you'll get yours soon enough as well.

The Sideshow figure was one of the first 1/6 figures I ever got, back then I didn't have many resources for photography that I have now so my big thing was superimposing figures into films stills. There are a lot of great visual moments with Obi-Wan in this movie that stand out to me, and as much as I had fun at the time putting the Sideshow figure in there, there was no believability, it was a great figure for it's time but way too cartoony in a film still, especially against real people. Two of my favorite moments are both heavy emotional ones, when he gives Anakin the assignment to spy on Palpatine and says "the Council is asking you." and the other is when he's confronting Padme and says "I must find him." Ewan did such a great performance in making you feel the weight on Obi-Wan's shoulders in that movie, it's hard for many to get past the cringy dialogue and realize there was some really solid acting in it, but McGreggor was definitely a shining performance.

Back