1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Yeah, they go beyond the belt. It might have been a genuine mistake or HT just wanting to make a robe they could use for other characters, I don't know. I'm sure it would be an easy fix but I don't want to start cutting on an expensive figure. I'm also weird about having things not look the way they came, Hottoys ESB Boba Fett is the only figure I've felt comfortable customizing.

If I am going to mod a figure I usually buy extra parts to put it back to stock if I have to.
With the Obi Wan I have on my shelf it’s mostly all custom. It’s HT ROTS head, boots, shirt, belt and saber. The body is easy & simple, and the main costume is a hasbro TPM Obi Wan, for a cleaner look. It’s not accurate to the ROTS look, but it’s a lot lighter and I love the look. I do have the HT figure. But I haven’t opened it.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Yeah, they go beyond the belt. It might have been a genuine mistake or HT just wanting to make a robe they could use for other characters, I don't know. I'm sure it would be an easy fix but I don't want to start cutting on an expensive figure. I'm also weird about having things not look the way they came, Hottoys ESB Boba Fett is the only figure I've felt comfortable customizing.

I noticed this too, I just took off the belts and folded them up behind the top halves and put the bets back on, you can hardly tell, looks like folds and wrinkles in his shirt, no damage done.

Wow! Worked like a charm. That was a pretty clever idea. Thanks.

Can you guys share a pic of what you're describing?

Can you guys share a pic of what you're describing?
Sure. Here's what it looks like on my figure after I folded the tabards up. It's not perfect (you can see them poking out just a hair) but I feel way more comfortable with it that I would cutting them off and then sewing it back.
image0.jpg

If you plan on it I would recommend putting the belt up higher than I did for the picture and folding the tabards up to around the shoulder. It's a much tighter fit that way so it keeps it all secure, it also looks better. In my picture you can see the thread holding the two sides together, which is supposed to be hidden.

I had ordered this during the BF sale and my final flex payment charged earlier, so hopefully he will ship tomorrow.

Getting him this late after release, I hope I don't get an open box returned figure like some people are reporting.

I bought mine during the BF sale, and not only did they double box for free (I have a standing request on my account), but it was a mint, sealed box. Hopefully you get a brand new figure too.

I got mine on Cyber Monday and it was case fresh as well so hopefully all is good with yours

Has anyone had problems with the wires running down the sides of the tabards preventing them from sitting normally around the shoulders? Also, has anyone had trouble getting the tabards to lay flush to the body due to the small velcro patches at the top of the over-tunic? It's throwing off the wrinkles on one side of the tabards and it's driving me insane.

I have no problem getting Obi-Wan to look like I want.

8F4F1F1B-88B3-448E-A82C-084A2D4117C3.jpeg

Yeah, I think it's a me problem. I can get kind of weird about things. I love the battledroid gun! I was considering removing it from the arm to replicate some of the poses from the Grievous fight

It's actually Grievous' gun from the Sideshow Exclusive version of their Episode III Obi-Wan figure from 2006, I still have that one and kept the gun for an accessory to this figure.

can`t believe it i actually broke down and bought this figure. thought i wouldn`t get involved with the PT trilogy again. but i liked Ewan McGregor As Obiwan kenobi specially when his new show comes out. bought count Dooku as well. got a lot respect for Christopher Lee anyways and liked his character.

can`t believe it i actually broke down and bought this figure. thought i wouldn`t get involved with the PT trilogy again. but i liked Ewan McGregor As Obiwan kenobi specially when his new show comes out. bought count Dooku as well. got a lot respect for Christopher Lee anyways and liked his character.

Yeah I bought this, Dooku and Maul all at once. Dooku has one of if not the best Star Wars figure head sculpts.

yeah forgot i had maul as well. he`s been boxed up for now just need to find a place to put him in.

I got the Deluxe for around $300, as it seems the prices for the standard and deluxe are skyrocketing.

Didn't want the Deluxe, but the price was better than any Standard one I could find.

I think he looks great and all, but for some reason I'm not as excited for him. I think overpaying might be a factor in it or the fact that I had the Sideshow figure already.

Back