Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Taking pictures using my iPhone I can say that the head looks much bigger than in person. I'm not saying the hair isn't a smidge too big but in photos it's really hard to find an angle that doesn't make him look weirdly distorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be honest, it's been so long that I do not remember the exact location of the stitches. If memory serves, the hood was attached at the bottom of the sides of the hood, stitched to the scarf. I simply used a stitch remover to clip the stitch and the hood was able to be re-positioned much more easily. I know I got the idea from the Kylo Ren thread shortly after he started shipping so you may want to check that out unless somebody else remembers exactly where they were.

Oh, you talk about Kylo Ren ? I didn’t understand . I believe you talk about Anakin’ s hood.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Oh, you talk about Kylo Ren ? I didn’t understand . I believe you talk about Anakin’ s hood.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The question was originally about Kylo Rens hood, that is what I was responding to. No need to unstitch anything from Anakins hood, just a lot of playing with the wire which is very easy to work with.

Sounds good. Just for the record I'm not bashing the figure. Overall I think it looks fantastic and I look forward to having him on my shelf.
No worries :) I was not necessarily defending it either...just speaking to my experience with how much photo distortion can really throw off a figure's proportions.

Part man, part machine...

8EFDB6BD-666C-4669-A343-20592BEFE45F.jpeg

I've said before I am no photographer and this MASTERPIECE of a figure deserves better than my iPhone but this is a work of art! Proportions are perfect and it is currently the crown jewel of the Star Wars wing of my little collectibles room! Wow! Hot Toys outdid themselves!!!!

d082a153666d83bf3b71376ded6526e1.jpg
The “in universe” explanation is that the mechanical legs, plus the boot heels, plus the helmet added to his stature.

"He's more machine now than man" is the only explanation I needed for the height difference.

So I just got back into collecting hot toys. What's the story behind this figure being 480$ when it hasn't even been released? I thought everyone hated the prequels :/

So I just got back into collecting hot toys. What's the story behind this figure being 480$ when it hasn't even been released? I thought everyone hated the prequels :/
Turns out a lot of people just love to say that they "hate" the prequels but then vote their actual feelings with their wallets...at least I am consistent...love the prequels, day one pre-order, and now have this figure already shipped from Sideshow and proudly on display...nice and clean!

Turns out a lot of people just love to say that they "hate" the prequels but then vote their actual feelings with their wallets...at least I am consistent...love the prequels, day one pre-order, and now have this figure already shipped from Sideshow and proudly on display...nice and clean!

I dont like the PT very much, ROTS is the only decent one in my opinion.

I was going to buy this figure , But I didn’t like how Obi looks and I wanted them as a pair to display. Similar to the Force Unleashed set.

I liked Anakin alright, I do agree his hair is a bit off and that robe being so short is shameful. Overall it’s a good release, but I really don’t like Obi. So the display idea goes out the window.

I don't think there's as much PT hate as people think. Also, the young'uns who grew up with the PT as "their" Star Wars are now older and getting a little cashola in their pockets so this is perfect for them.

It's a great looking figure and I can't wait to get it but that $450+ price is crazy. I see many PT releases in HT's future now, especially due to the interest in Anakin.

Back