Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

494714995aa112bf9123644104ee6468.jpg
2d79f9ae882d78b38c446ab8eda62b4a.jpg

Had a chance to futz his robe and I'm very happy with the results. Here is my "Dark Side is the Best Side" display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

494714995aa112bf9123644104ee6468.jpg
2d79f9ae882d78b38c446ab8eda62b4a.jpg

Had a chance to futz his robe and I'm very happy with the results. Here is my "Dark aside is the Best Side" display.

Great pics! Excited to get my Anakin in... on a side note, the hood on your Kylo looks good. I always had trouble with mine so he has his down lol

Great pics! Excited to get my Anakin in... on a side note, the hood on your Kylo looks good. I always had trouble with mine so he has his down lol

I unstitched his hood from his scarf so I could lay it down and re-position it as I moved his head. Made a world of difference.

I unstitched his hood from his scarf so I could lay it down and re-position it as I moved his head. Made a world of difference.

Can you show us where you unstitched the hood please??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think he looks amazing with the cloak in your second picture.

That’s something I’ve noticed. The pictures with the hood and robe look great, but without the hood it isn’t quite as good, so it really seems like the hair is off.

Can you show us where you unstitched the hood please??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I will be honest, it's been so long that I do not remember the exact location of the stitches. If memory serves, the hood was attached at the bottom of the sides of the hood, stitched to the scarf. I simply used a stitch remover to clip the stitch and the hood was able to be re-positioned much more easily. I know I got the idea from the Kylo Ren thread shortly after he started shipping so you may want to check that out unless somebody else remembers exactly where they were.

Nice. Just need Palapatine and Dooku to add to it now.

I cannot afford to buy that many HT figures so I seriously doubt I will purchase Dooku, even though I really liked his character. My main must haves are anyone related to the Skywalker bloodline. Palpatine may be the exception because of his importance to the story of Star Wars.

I may be tempted to get another if Sith Eyes Anakin (aka pre-suit Vader) is released, which I feel is almost a certainty. Hopefully with an all new head and not just a repaint even though the sculpt on this figure is as close to perfect as I have encountered on an HT figure in person.

That’s something I’ve noticed. The pictures with the hood and robe look great, but without the hood it isn’t quite as good, so it really seems like the hair is off.

The hair is weird. I was posting earlier asking if people thought his head was too big, but we determined it's his hair. I've also noticed that his head only looks too big when I look at the right side of his head. his head looks proportional when looking at the left side of his head for some reason. Or maybe I'm an idiot, I don't know. I still wanna get him regardless.

The hair is weird. I was posting earlier asking if people thought his head was too big, but we determined it's his hair. I've also noticed that his head only looks too big when I look at the right side of his head. his head looks proportional when looking at the left side of his head for some reason. Or maybe I'm an idiot, I don't know. I still wanna get him regardless.

Are you basing this on looking at the figure in hand? If not...not sure that pictures will be very helpful at all in giving anyone an actual idea of the proportions because...well...pictures.

Dragged my heels too long to preorder and just realized I needed to jump on the waitlist... How long has he been waitlisted?

Are you basing this on looking at the figure in hand? If not...not sure that pictures will be very helpful at all in giving anyone an actual idea of the proportions because...well...pictures.

I'm basing my judgements off pictures in this thread, and youtube reviews. I don't have this figure yet. I definitely want it though.

Pictures can be deceiving I suppose, I guess I should reserve judgement until I have the figure. But until then all I have to go on are pics people post here and the youtube reviews I've seen. I'm just saying to me, when I look at pics of it with the right side of it's head facing the camera, the head looks too big. But it doesn't from the left. If you took a shot of him from both angles I think you'd see what I'm saying.

I'm basing my judgements off pictures in this thread, and youtube reviews. I don't have this figure yet. I definitely want it though.

Pictures can be deceiving I suppose, I guess I should reserve judgement until I have the figure. But until then all I have to go on are pics people post here and the youtube reviews I've seen. I'm just saying to me, when I look at pics of it with the right side of it's head facing the camera, the head looks too big. But it doesn't from the left. If you took a shot of him from both angles I think you'd see what I'm saying.

Gotcha...I haven't had time to unbox it yet but should be able to tomorrow...not a big picture taker myself but I will definitely share my thoughts on this if I have a chance to get to it tomorrow.

Gotcha...I haven't had time to unbox it yet but should be able to tomorrow...not a big picture taker myself but I will definitely share my thoughts on this if I have a chance to get to it tomorrow.

Sounds good. Just for the record I'm not bashing the figure. Overall I think it looks fantastic and I look forward to having him on my shelf.

Back