Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paler skin tone, Sith eyes, badass base. Most importantly, longer robe with bigger hood, OSK cloak from the way I see is just oversized.

Both Masterside and I have the OSK robe in pics a few pages back. The hood is basically the same size as the HT, honestly probably a bit more accurate to the film. If you look at stills, the hoods in the films are pretty oversized and drapey especially on Anakin's robe

Not only can you make this one look "dark side" depending on the angle and posing, but the sith version was only on screen for like... literally 3 seconds?

If anything this is a much better all around Anakin
Pretty much my thought. The beauty of this sculpt is it is able to have so many different looks based on the angle you view it. They really did nail this one. It's one of Hot Toys best work.

And Sith eyes are in the film for pretty much 3 seconds. That alone talked me out of it lol. I wish he had them from that moment on Mustafar through the end of the film. Or maybe from the point where he screams "you will not take her from me!" If they turned on right there, it would've been a powerful moment. I also wished his saber was red. But I understand why they left it blue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome photo. Don't know why anyone would want the Sith version over this. He looks evil enough for me there without yellow eyes. Many more posing options with this version than the Sith only version.

Still annoys me though, like most, that HT did 2 versions rather than including both headsculpts.

People have different preferences

People have different preferences

They do, and are so entitled to.

But if you read comments in the Sith version thread, many say/post how the Sith version is sooo much better than the regular version. I don't see it. And makes no sense to me to even say that as they really are both the same figure other than his eyes painted yellow and (to me) including a pointless over sized light up base (although yes it is cool looking). Not like HT included a companion base with the deluxe EPIII Obi-Wan for a cool display option. I'd also rather have the included Dooku Saber than the base, while saving $32 to boot. Some people own/purchased both versions, others were willing to spend money on an over priced parted out headsculpt and or the light up base.

My point is/was, if one can have/wants only one version, my preference would be this regular version. As I said he can look just as evil to put him with the baddies, or you can put him with the heroes. The regular version has more display options. The Sith version isn't even screen accurate for the included base, as I believe Anakin's eyes were not yellow as he was battling Obi-Wan over the lava. I'm happy I made the choice to get the regular. I'd love to have both, but can't justify spending the money to do so.

In a perfect world, HT would've included both head sculpts and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. :(

But if you read comments in the Sith version thread, many say/post how the Sith version is sooo much better than the regular version. I don't see it. And makes no sense to me to even say that as they really are both the same figure other than his eyes painted yellow and (to me) including a pointless over sized light up base (although yes it is cool looking). Not like HT included a companion base with the deluxe EPIII Obi-Wan for a cool display option. I'd also rather have the included Dooku Saber than the base, while saving $32 to boot. Some people own/purchased both versions, others were willing to spend money on an over priced parted out headsculpt and or the light up base.

My point is/was, if one can have/wants only one version, my preference would be this regular version. As I said he can look just as evil to put him with the baddies, or you can put him with the heroes. The regular version has more display options. The Sith version isn't even screen accurate for the included base, as I believe Anakin's eyes were not yellow as he was battling Obi-Wan over the lava. I'm happy I made the choice to get the regular. I'd love to have both, but can't justify spending the money to do so.

In a perfect world, HT would've included both head sculpts and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. :(

I'm not saying which opinion is right, but it's not only the Sith eyes and the base. It also has a paler skin ton (for many this new ton improves the likeness of Hayden,, including myself). And the Jedi robe is longer.

I'm not saying which opinion is right, but it's not only the Sith eyes and the base. It also has a paler skin ton (for many this new ton improves the likeness of Hayden,, including myself). And the Jedi robe is longer.

The Jedi robe length was most likely a running change after HT realized/were pointed out the original was a tad too short. I also believe some commented on the hood being a little larger on the Sith version as well? But not overly noticeable unless a side by side comparison is done. And technically the Sith version is still a little short as well as neither version drop all the way and touch the ground.

Skin tone is questionable. Unless we see Hayden holding both figures next to his face, that's kinda hard to speculate that one is more accurate than the other.

I personally have never said one version was "better", rather which version I preferred to own and as to why. In the Sith thread, too many proclaim how the Sith version is superior and pity the poor fools who bought the lowly "regular" version.. :lol

Either way, as collectors we should just be happy with the version we chose, and not need to cry out ours is better or "The Best". I hate reading the Vader threads. It gets tiresome constantly having to read how "my version is the better one", especially in a case like Anakin when they were both pretty much released at the same time. And BOTH are still available to purchase at SS.

:duff

The Jedi robe length was most likely a running change after HT realized/were pointed out the original was a tad too short. I also believe some commented on the hood being a little larger on the Sith version as well? But not overly noticeable unless a side by side comparison is done. And technically the Sith version is still a little short as well as neither version drop all the way and touch the ground.

Skin tone is questionable. Unless we see Hayden holding both figures next to his face, that's kinda hard to speculate that one is more accurate than the other.

I personally have never said one version was "better", rather which version I preferred to own and as to why. In the Sith thread, too many proclaim how the Sith version is superior and pity the poor fools who bought the lowly "regular" version.. :lol

Either way, as collectors we should just be happy with the version we chose, and not need to cry out ours is better. It gets tiresome constantly having to read how "my version is the better one"
, especially in a case like Anakin when they were both pretty much released at the same time. And BOTH are still available to purchase at SS.

:duff

You're absolutely right about it mate :duff

It really does simply come down to preference for almost every figure, and what you’re intending to go for. There really is no objective “definitive” version. There may be one that most people prefer that makes it the most sought after, but it’s still all subjective really.

I have both versions and the way I see Sith version is way much better with many improvements.

Whats your point? :dunno

I have both versions and the way I see Sith version is way much better with many improvements.

Whats your point? :dunno

I'm very happy for you.

Congratulations on having the Sith version that is way much better version with its many improvements. It must be hard to look at awful much lesser regular version. :(

Neither figure is "better" than the other. I mean they are basically the same except for the head. Which head you want is personal preference. However I think the issue with each of them is the accessories Hot Toys gave them. One comes with a very nice light up robot base with lava, and the other one comes with the typical crappy Hot Toys base with cards. I think that's really the biggest issue here. Theres really no reason why they couldn't have done a deluxe with both heads and all the parts but they wanted to double dip consumers.

Personally I'd like to have both heads so I can change the look when I want. However I haven't been able to find a real head for a good price. Again, the head is personal preference. However the accessories with the Sith version come with a diorama base over the standard one with the normal version of him.

My seller finally got this guy in stock and payment request received. I pre-ordered it, with deposit, back in November 2017 hahaha.

I bought this the "sith" version after seeing the reviews on youtube. I hate the movies but this figure is one of my favourite Hot Toys. Hot damn is he cool. And the stand ... I admit it, I am a bit of a sucker for light up features. The likeness and articulation (both VERY important to me) are excellent. The stand is just simply amazing. You buy what you like. Right now, I have Superman fighting War Machine. I don't care. I like the figures.
To me, the "regular" is good. The HS is amazing and articulation is very good. A solid figure. But for me, the lava stand just propel this fig into a different league.

European seller?

Yes, lacitedesnuages. They've had issues with a customs officer in Belgium. Several other figures were involved in this shipment. They've been going back and forth between Hong Kong and Belgium since last August. Something to do with a Belgian customs officer demanding safety labels be put on every box, as he classed them as toys for children. I think only Hot Toys themselves could put these labels on. Anyway, after 18 long months, he's now in stock there for 264.90 euros, if anyone's interested.

Yes, lacitedesnuages. They've had issues with a customs officer in Belgium. Several other figures were involved in this shipment. They've been going back and forth between Hong Kong and Belgium since last August. Something to do with a Belgian customs officer demanding safety labels be put on every box, as he classed them as toys for children. I think only Hot Toys themselves could put these labels on. Anyway, after 18 long months, he's now in stock there for 264.90 euros, if anyone's interested.
Now looking at buying from lacitedesnuages as well but does it show up as a lower price when you add the figure to your cart too?
I find it strange it appears to be 223.06 euro in my cart?

Now looking at buying from lacitedesnuages as well but does it show up as a lower price when you add the figure to your cart too?
I find it strange it appears to be 223.06 euro in my cart?

Probably without VAT, GST or whatever you want to call it. Typically you then pay for that when imported.

Back