Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Ok Troll. I have order over 67 pieces from Sideshow. But yeah people like me. :wave
My point is I am sure they realized they created a problem once it became clear some people like you for example won't order unless you get a code. The codes meant to encourage people to order more not sit back and only order when a code is given.

^ While this is true, the ridiculous shipping cost is what will drive most customers away. The codes were a buffer to make up for the shipping prices along with reward points. But there are other places that now offer a rewards point system and the shipping cost is literally 50% less than Sideshow's.

On a different note, got mine in today and He is everything the hype made him out to be!!!! Absolute HOME RUN for Hot Toys!!!!!

My point is I am sure they realized they created a problem once it became clear some people like you for example won't order unless you get a code. The codes meant to encourage people to order more not sit back and only order when a code is given.

Your "point" is flawed because people are already turning to places like Alter Ego, BBTS, and Timewalker to get their collections and that includes me. Sorry but I don't mind paying what the figure is worth and they still get their cut but charging these outrageous shipping charges is price gauging at its best. So "people like me" find better and more affordable options.

^ While this is true, the ridiculous shipping cost is what will drive most customers away. The codes were a buffer to make up for the shipping prices along with reward points. But there are other places that now offer a rewards point system and the shipping cost is literally 50% less than Sideshow's.

:lecture Boom. jacerc130 just said it nicer than me.

Got mine today, just opened him up, set him up and got him in my display case. I have to say, I was initially going to avoid the PT stuff, but I couldn't pass up the chance to add another Jedi to my collection, and man, I'm sure glad I pulled the trigger on this one. What an incredible figure. The likeness is unbelievable, the double lightsaber accessories are awesome, and mechanic arm is incredible. The robe issue really isn't an issue, it's about the same length as the Old Ben figure.

At the end of the day, I'm thrilled I have this figure, and I'm glad that the 2017 thread wars have reached a very satisfying conclusion. HT really knocked Tarkin and Anakin out of the park.

Just received and opened my Anakin and WOW WOW WOW am I blown away!! As stated numerous times, the likeness is incredible!!! I also love the material his cloak is made from and the mechanical arm is extremely impressive!!! Jump on that wait list!!!

*By the way... I’ve never, and I mean NEVER got a coupon on anything from Sideshow. And I order quite a bit. Strange that some people are talking like it was a regular thing???

Im very worry about that pleather cloth on him. Im thinking of doing custom set of real leather for Anakin since hes my all time favorite character and I want him to last much longer through time.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Couple quick phone shots. Love him!
0a9849bc6c79b6ea92dab6a606465d43.jpg
46dfa21314de4f4de97817452f0419cf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Your "point" is flawed because people are already turning to places like Alter Ego, BBTS, and Timewalker to get their collections and that includes me. Sorry but I don't mind paying what the figure is worth and they still get their cut but charging these outrageous shipping charges is price gauging at its best. So "people like me" find better and more affordable options.

Just because a few people angry that Sideshow took their codes away make it a point to post that they are ordering from company z or c it doesn't mean even a sizable amount of people are doing it. These figures will still sellout at sideshow. As a matter of fact I was forced to jump on several wait lists recently because of figures selling out faster than I thought they would. Making posts about going somewhere else with your orders just end up looking like being butt hurt over Sideshow not giving out codes.

Sideshow will be fine without the code dependants.

I got mine last week from Sideshow and he’s an awesome figure! Likeness is on point, and the outfit is great. Along with all the accessories. Here’s a pic I took:

fdbc465f95909ace6d9ec9e7cb27a648.jpg

Just because a few people angry that Sideshow took their codes away make it a point to post that they are ordering from company z or c it doesn't mean even a sizable amount of people are doing it. These figures will still sellout at sideshow. As a matter of fact I was forced to jump on several wait lists recently because of figures selling out faster than I thought they would. Making posts about going somewhere else with your orders just end up looking like being butt hurt over Sideshow not giving out codes.

Sideshow will be fine without the code dependants.

I’m not turning to BBTS because SS doesn’t give codes anymore, I am because it’s cheaper:dunno

I’m not turning to BBTS because SS doesn’t give codes anymore, I am because it’s cheaper:dunno

exactly. Both great companies but saving a buck at the end of the day motivates me the most.
If I wasn't a middle school teacher, I wouldn't have to pinch pennies. (rant to follow later)

exactly. Both great companies but saving a buck at the end of the day motivates me the most.
If I wasn't a middle school teacher, I wouldn't have to pinch pennies. (rant to follow later)

I'd still try to save $10-20 bucks even if I was making 6 figures a year. Why pay more the same thing?

That being said, I put myself on the wait list at Sideshow for him this morning. Just got back from the gym to see him available on BBTS so I was able get my preorder with them and cancelled my SS order. Cheaper and I like the idea of having a guaranteed preorder vs being stuck on a waitlist.

Great pics in this thread guys, keep them coming.

Still waiting for my shipping notice from loontentoys. Every shot on this thread makes the wait more unbearable :gah:

It used to be worth it to order from sideshow because of the exclusives you could only get from sideshow. Now not so much...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

“Master Skywalker, there is too many of them, what are we going to do?”

CMcpXhZ.jpg

See, that’s why he killed them all!! That kid called him “Master Skywalker” just to torque him up! Everyone knows he was denied the rank of Master! Those kids had it coming!

Great pic by the way!

Back